That One Guy Who Sprites

Nanami Touko

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit Lakche is smiling.

Probably plotting the death of random boss #32095261 via Hero Sword crit.

In all seriousness, nice.

Now I'll have to do something to Shanan.

She's probably thinking about what she's going to do to whoever put the bunny ears on her...

...Oh wait. It was me... OHSHI-

Maybe we can have a Shanan, Lakche, collab? 8D She's a bunny girl and he's a cat boy, or something? Lol XD

Cat boy Shanan it is, then.

He's gonna kill me later. Ohfuck. *grabs Seth's lance of manliness for WTA cover*

Yes, YES, we shall conquer the world with our ridiculous Shanan and Lakche XD

Also, I can have comments on my art topic? No one wants to comment on Amera, apparently T^T

Edited by seph1212

*walks into topic and quickly flees after seeing Lumi and Trent talking about Odo domination*

Nice stuff though bud! :)

Lakche's neck looks a little long IMO but it's the middle of the night and Im tired. Sobyeah.

*walks into topic and quickly flees after seeing Lumi and Trent talking about Odo domination*

Nice stuff though bud! :)

Lakche's neck looks a little long IMO but it's the middle of the night and Im tired. Sobyeah.

It might be a pixel too long, but it's 'bout the same length as the one on the original, so... We shall see what I do with it XD

YES, ODO DOMINATION, AHAHAHAHA

ODOS WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD WITH THEIR ANIMAL EARS AND SWORDS AND MURDEROUS INTENT~

Ayra needs dog ears, and Skasaha needs to have Panda ears. I DEMAND IT! Of course this means we'll have to sprite them... Crap...

And Holyn... Holyn will have antlers and deer ears.

I'm gonna sprite Ska sometimes anyway for my Harem hack, and Holyn. Ayra, I wanted to put her in, but... well Holyn mentions her in a cutscene conversation with Lakche early on.

And he's totally whipped.

So... if I get this done before christmas... Ska and Holyn are go.

Worked my aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass off with this. inb4 someone complains about problems

makingnewmisha2.gif

Frankly, I'm quite happy with how this looks. Before someone says to use yellow for the trim, I'm putting this in my hack, and I'm at 16 colors :<

Sucks.

Oh well. Gotta work on dat Ayra now.

I used Karla for Lakche anyway.

Maybe Syrene? But the angle doesn't suit Ayra well.

IDK, most FE females doesn't suit Ayra's look. They all look too young. Like I feel Ayra's in her early 20s while most FE women are in their mid-to-late teens.

That or the more mature women have much softer expressions that doesn't go well with Ayra's temperament. You could try a mixture of Syrene and Isa. Maybe.

I used Karla for Lakche anyway.

Maybe Syrene? But the angle doesn't suit Ayra well.

IDK, most FE females doesn't suit Ayra's look. They all look too young. Like I feel Ayra's in her early 20s while most FE women are in their mid-to-late teens.

That or the more mature women have much softer expressions that doesn't go well with Ayra's temperament. You could try a mixture of Syrene and Isa. Maybe.

I shall figure something out.

Eirika looks most similar to Aira, you'd edit her face to look more fierce.

But, I used Eirika for the Misha you may see a few posts up ; ~ ;

Maybe I can try customing it...

Man, haven't posted anything here lately.

New Amera:

olderamerafinished2.png

I really felt the old one was just... So bland, so I went a little crazy on this.

Also, pretty shabby Ayra:

ayrastartawesome4.png

It's the face on this I don't like. I'm sure the hair and armor could use a little work, too. The face is so bad because it's my first FC face

Aaaaaaaand, a Tinny update:

tinnyfinished.png

Amelia posted her Tinny in Oujay's Empire, and it reminded me that the pigtails on mine could use a serious update. I think the shading could still use some work, but I'm generally impressed with myself on the improvement.

EDIT:

Shabby Ayra has evolved to Decent Ayra!:

ayrastartawesome4.png

Would you like to give Decent Ayra a nickname?

Edited by seph1212

Hey Seph! Just a few things I see -

Amera's costume deserves some sprucing, I agree, but the current design you have for her top is kind of confusing and busy. It's not easy to tell what it's supposed to be or what the parts are. The lapel folds over and is buttoned, AND there's a slit, AND a scarf or strap (?), AND shoulders. That's too many elements, imo. I'd recommend taking out the slit and the right sleeve (opv) and see if that clears it up a little. The left collar part is also either too stiff or sticks out too much.

For Ayra, that's not too bad for your first time customing a face! Female faces are tough, too, because you have little leeway for error if you want them to look pretty. I suggest giving the bridge of her nose some more definition, since right now there's just that blob of second skin tone there. That long middle bang should also be shortened because it's distracting. The major thing about her that's off, though, is her age. Your version of her looks very young, due to her facial shape and the fact that so much of her bust fits into the box. I believe Ayra is in her late teens, possibly older depending on interpretation/player preference, so she should look closer to Karla, Louise, Cecilia, Isadora, Miledy, Brunya, etc. You kinda seem to have been going for that, since you made her eyes smaller than Amera's, but otherwise she looks too waifish. Try referencing the ladies I named above, to see what kind of shape to give the side of her face, and how to make her body more substantial.

Tinny is cute, but her ribbons aren't wrapped the same way on each of her ponytails.

Uhhh, that's it. Sorry I'm not better at describing noes.gif Good luck with these, you have a good start to build on. :)

Hey Seph! Just a few things I see -

Amera's costume deserves some sprucing, I agree, but the current design you have for her top is kind of confusing and busy. It's not easy to tell what it's supposed to be or what the parts are. The lapel folds over and is buttoned, AND there's a slit, AND a scarf or strap (?), AND shoulders. That's too many elements, imo. I'd recommend taking out the slit and the right sleeve (opv) and see if that clears it up a little. The left collar part is also either too stiff or sticks out too much.

For Ayra, that's not too bad for your first time customing a face! Female faces are tough, too, because you have little leeway for error if you want them to look pretty. I suggest giving the bridge of her nose some more definition, since right now there's just that blob of second skin tone there. That long middle bang should also be shortened because it's distracting. The major thing about her that's off, though, is her age. Your version of her looks very young, due to her facial shape and the fact that so much of her bust fits into the box. I believe Ayra is in her late teens, possibly older depending on interpretation/player preference, so she should look closer to Karla, Louise, Cecilia, Isadora, Miledy, Brunya, etc. You kinda seem to have been going for that, since you made her eyes smaller than Amera's, but otherwise she looks too waifish. Try referencing the ladies I named above, to see what kind of shape to give the side of her face, and how to make her body more substantial.

Tinny is cute, but her ribbons aren't wrapped the same way on each of her ponytails.

Uhhh, that's it. Sorry I'm not better at describing noes.gif Good luck with these, you have a good start to build on. :)

I enjoy the extreme amounts of stuff going on in Amera's sprite. That slit is meant to be a little bit o' fanservice ;3

Lemme try and break it down for ya...:

The little bit of blue on the right shoulder (OPV) is just a bit of shirt attached to the lapel? No idea what that is XD clothing on top. As mentioned above, that slit is some silly fanservice. There's no scarf. That brown strap there is just holding the shoulder pads on, which is what the bit on the left (OPV) is supposed to be. I'm not too good with armor shading, so, I'll see if I can make it more obvious that those are supposed to be shoulder pads. I can see doing two things that would make it clear up a little, but I'm gonna wait till tomorrow. Tired. Also, with the collar, I was going for something like on Rebbecca, so, I'll see if I can get it look more like that.

Sorry if I seem a little defensive explaining Amera's portrait, I'm just really proud of how it turned out.

As for Ayra, I've got ALS helping me with it. what does Waifish mean?

On Tinny, that was intentional, as it was like that on my reference. I reaaaaaaaaaaally don't see a need for symmetry on them.

Thanks for the opinions and critiques, though! I'll make sure to make Ayra look better.

Edited by seph1212

Hey, Astelaine, I took your advice and tried to make the outfit less busy:

ameranewfinished2.gif

I got rid of the cloth on the right (OPV), and made the cloth all one piece on the middle.

I dunno if I like it more, yet, but, I'd like to hear some opinions on it.