That One Guy Who Sprites

Nanami Touko

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's tough for me :<

I've got a friend who knows how to script animations for insertion, and he said he'd help me, so, oh well.

Rey? Ray?

...There's also some GIF animators so you don't have to actually insert it to see what it'll look like...

She has like NO back top her head(near side behind where her ear is), there should be a lot more bulk there, the shading under the jaw is pillowed, and the asymmetrical clothing design really doesn't work well, topped off by extremely noticeable splice parts makes this work quite mediocre, I think she looks very very rushed, this colour scheme isn't quite at fe8 standards yet and is more between the fe6/7 colours and the fe8 ones, which seems more error than stylistic choice in this as your colours are often extremely bright. Also when you re-coloured Eleanora's dress to a lighter shade, you didn't fix up the anti aliasing of the trim, her head would be better sitting further to our left as well with at least 2 more pixels of hangover of the jaw. the circlet is very lumpy and the eyebrow looks jittery and dithered.

Well.

I know what my plans are for tomorrow's stream.

A few things, though (As your giant paragraph is a tad hard to understand at points):

She has like NO back top her head(near side behind where her ear is)

Could you clarify that? I don't quite understand. I think you're saying that the back of her head it too small, but Iunno.

this colour scheme isn't quite at fe8 standards yet and is more between the fe6/7 colours and the fe8 ones, which seems more error than stylistic choice in this as your colours are often extremely bright.

Other than the hair, it's FE8 colors, but, I do agree that they don't work very well. I'm not too sure on how to get a pink that bright to match FE8 colors, as the only FE8 pink I could use for reference would be Marisa's, and hers is rather dark. Any suggestions there?

Edited by seph1212

She has like NO back to her head(near side behind where her ear is)

Could you clarify that? I don't quite understand. I think you're saying that the back of her head it too small, but Iunno.

Yes, make the back section of her head bigger by poofing out the hair.

this colour scheme isn't quite at fe8 standards yet and is more between the fe6/7 colours and the fe8 ones, which seems more error than stylistic choice in this as your colours are often extremely bright.

Other than the hair, it's FE8 colors, but, I do agree that they don't work very well. I'm not too sure on how to get a pink that bright to match FE8 colors, as the only FE8 pink I could use for reference would be Marisa's, and hers is rather dark. Any suggestions there?

Maybe try a hue change on Amelia's colour, she has light hair by fe8 standards and only uses 3 tones.

Yes, make the back section of her head bigger by poofing out the hair.

Can do, Vamp.

Maybe try a hue change on Amelia's colour, she has light hair by fe8 standards and only uses 3 tones.

...Huh. Never thought of doing it like that. Sounds like a plan, thanks.

round17.gif

Mo bettah?

I tried using Amelia's hair, changing the hue, but it looks waaaaaaaaaaaaay too neon, so I used Selena's first three shades. I think they work better.

Moved the head over one pixel, as moving it two looked weird, and fixed up the small stuff.

Tear it apart some more, folks?

The animation is great. It may be a bit on the simple side, but who cares?

The mug seems... small. I'm not really sure how to put it, actually, but it seems a bit off.

ailythstart.gif

You're right, there. I could make the eyes smaller, but it'll just make everyone feel bad when they have to kill her this way XD

EDIT:

mhmo.gif

This is totally the final edit, dernit.

Edited by seph1212