Pokemon Blue Nuzlocke

Life

As the title states. If I finish this, I'll do a slightly harder Red Nuzlocke Run and then Yellow, Silver, Gold and finally Crystal. Don't expect to finish it though.

This is just your basic Nuzlocke. Should be fun. And yes, this is the original Pokemon Blue that I'm talking about.

Blue's House:

Named my guy Blue and my rival Red. Snagged the Potion out of my PC and headed on down to chat with Mom. Fun fact, the SNES is the console of choice when Blue came out, not the N64. Headed outside afterwards.

Pallet Town:

There's actually nothing to do here so I walk into the tall grass and trigger Oak. He brings me back to his lab so that I can pick up a Pokemon. I snag the Bulbasaur and name it Charlie so that both Brock and Misty's gyms go down easily. Then Red decides to attack.

Red Battle #1:

This battle is a cinch if you remember to grab the Potion from the PC. Charmander has Scratch and Growl which means that Charlie should match him Growl for Growl if possible. Charlie scores a Critical Hit but Red's Charmander also gets one. After that, Charlie just kept using Tackle until Charmander died along with the Potion. Charlie also hit level 6.

Route 1:

Not having any Pokeballs (not given yet) means that I can officially say "screw the battles". Charlie basically 3HKOs everything in sight while being 8RKO'd back by both Rattatas and Pidgeys, making my life a breeze. I steal the Potion from the guy who works at the PokeMart and continue onwards to Viridian City. Charlie also learns Leech Seed, allowing him to heal up in battles without wasting Potions.

Viridian City:

Not much to do here. After healing Charlie up, I run to the PokeMart and grab Oak's Parcel. I then run it back to Pallet Town ASAP.

Pallet Town:

For my troubles, I get a PokeDex and a Town Map. Not bad for a single errand. However, I forgot that you actually need to buy Poke Balls in this game. I quickly head back over to Viridian City.

Viridian City:

I buy some Poke Balls (5 to be exact) after healing up at the Pokemon Center and then run back into the tall grass on Route 1 to catch a Level 3 Rattata. I name him Jimmy and feel happy inside since I know that Hyper Fang will help the midgame. Route 22 also gives me a Level 3 Rattata which I also catch (crap, not another one). I name this one Jim and then head back to the Pokemon Center to heal and train.

Name      Pokemon     :L  HP  Att  Def  Spd  Spc
Charlie   Bulbasaur    8  26   13   14   14   16
Jimmy     Rattata      3  14   9    7    10   7
Jim       Rattata      3  15   9    7    9    6

Edited by 4chan

Route 22:

You can battle a considerably stronger Red on Route 22 just past the tall grass. I decided to fight him with a Lv. 7 Jim, Jimmy and Lv. 9 Charlie. Red first sends out his level 9 Pidgey (fuck) against Jimmy who now knows Quick Attack. Jimmy gets in two Quick Attacks (including a critical) and then gets pulled out for Jim so that Sand Attack doesn't do too much damage to Jimmy's accuracy. Jim finishes off the Pidgey and Jimmy gets put back in to square off against Red's level 8 Charmander. A couple of Quick Attacks later and Charmander hits the ground, netting me 280 Moneys.

Viridian City:

I quickly heal up and then head north to Route 2. This city is getting boring pretty quickly.

Route 2:

What a waste of a route. In any case, I snag a Lv. 4 Caterpie with easy and name him Robert. I then train him, hoping to hit Lv. 7 without dying. At least I didn't find ANOTHER Rattata. Afterwards, I make for Viridian Forest.

Charlie   Bulbasaur    9  28   14   15   15   18
Jimmy     Rattata      8  23   16   11   19   11
Jim       Rattata      7  22   14   10   15   9
Robert    Caterpie     4  18   8    9    9    7

Edited by 4chan

Route 2:

After some training, Robert finally hits level 7 and evolves. About freaking time too. I now tackle Viridian Forest with my 4 buddies.

Viridian Forest:

If a Pikachu pops up, I'll be eternally grateful. To the left, there's a lone Poke Ball. Then I go down the path and start fighting trainers. The first Bug Catcher has a Lv. 6 Weedle and Caterpie which falls to a combination of Robert and Jimmy. The next one sports 2 Lv. 7 Weedle (no clue why it isn't evolved) and a Lv. 7 Kakuna (nothing but Harden which is kinda sad). Pathetic. However Jimmy gets poisoned and I don't have an antidote... shit. I decide to sacrifice him... until I find an Antidote a couple steps away. Yes!

AND I FOUND A PIKACHU! No, really! I snag it and name her Darla. Down the path is another Potion and a Bug Catcher. This one sends out a scary Lv. 9 Weedle so I counter it with Jim. Jim Quick Attacks it to death before he gets poisoned and I'm on my way out of the forest.

Route 2:

Checking my Town Map tells me that I'm still on Route 2 so I can't catch any Pokemon here. I head north to Pewter City since there's nothing else to do here and I need healing.

Pewter City:

Nothing here interests me yet other than the Pokemon Center and the Pokemon Mart. I grab 2 Potions and 2 Antidotes and make a mental note to not run out of those items in the future. I then head south to Route 2 to do a little training.

Charlie   Bulbasaur    9  28   14   15   15   18
Jimmy     Rattata      9  25   18   12   21   12
Jim       Rattata      8  24   16   11   17   10
Robert    Metapod      8  27   10   16   12   10
Darla     Pikachu      3  15   8    7    10   8

Edited by 4chan

I wish, Slayer.

Route 2:

Ok, I did a shitload of leveling here. Robert, Jim and Jimmy all made it to Lv. 10 with Robert evolving (screw you for not getting Confusion ASAP), Darla got taken to Lv. 7 (saving her training for Route 3 and Mt. Moon's Zubats and stuff) and Charlie had to go to Lv. 13 for Vine Whip (like hell I'm taking on Brock with only Leech Seed). Hopefully, it was all worth it.

Pewter City:

Time to take on the first gym. The Jr. Trainer first sends out his Lv. 11 Diglett which I counter with Robert. That results in a dead Diglett and a wounded Robert, meaning that Charlie has to take on the Lv. 11 Sandshrew. Vine Whip leaves the poor bastard with 1 HP so I end his misery with a Tackle.

Brock is... well, Brock. I have Robert start out both fights to get him some Exp but it's really Charlie who does most of the grunt work. The Lv. 12 Geodude goes down in a single Vine Whip while the Lv. 14 Onix doesn't fare any better. For all that training, I get the Boulder Badge and TM34 (Bide). 1 down, 7 to go. Pewter City doesn't have much to offer so I move onwards.

Route 3:

Robert needs to hit Lv. 12 before he can start doing good damage with Confusion. The first Lass provides him with two Lv. 9 Pidgeys to chow down on. Since it's not enough, he then rips apart the Bug Catcher's Lv. 10 Caterpie and learns Confusion. Jimmy then goes to town on the Lv. 10 Weedle and Caterpie still left.

The next trainer is a Youngster with a wicked Lv. 11 Rattata. Since Jimmy's too weak, Robert comes out to destroy it. However, he kills the Rattata with only 3 HP left... and the Youngster still has a Lv. 11 Ekans left. Crap. Charlie seeds the Ekans early and then Tackles it to death. After that is a Bug Catcher with a Lv. 9 Weedle, Kakuna, Caterpie and Metapod. Jimmy quickly dispatches the Weedle while Darla takes out everything else.

After jumping off a fence, I face off against another Youngster. He's got a Lv. 14 Spearow but Darla easily two-hits him with Thundershock. She then faces off against a Lv. 10 Rattata and Male Nidoran that a nearby Lass holds. The Nidoran almost kills Darla with Horn Attack, forcing me to bring in Jimmy to finish off the paralyzed bastard. Finally, Jim faces off against a Bug Catcher's Lv. 11 Caterpie and Metapod, winning handily.

The next thing I find is some tall grass. Fucking finally. The first thing to pop up is a Lv. 5 Jigglypuff so I decide to catch it. After the battle, I name it Lauren. It manages to put Jim to sleep, which slightly pisses me off. I then switch to Robert and try to take out the nearby Lass. Big mistake. Her Lv. 14 Jigglypuff puts Robert to sleep and forces me to switch to Charlie. He seeds the Jigglypuff but then ALSO falls asleep. I use a Potion on my wounded Darla and switch her in ASAP but as soon as that happens, she falls asleep. Just perfect... I go back to Robert and he luckily wakes up the turn after. A single Confusion then takes out that annoying Jigglypuff. I run back to Pewter, heal up, buy 3 Awakenings and continue onwards.

And I end up finding the Pokemon Center before Mt. Moon. What timing...

Charlie   Bulbasaur   14  40   21   21   22   26
Jimmy     Rattata     11  29   21   14   24   14
Jim       Rattata     10  28   19   13   20   12
Robert    Butterfree  12  38   19   21   26   26
Darla     Pikachu     10  30   17   14   23   17
Lauren    Jigglypuff   5  28   10   8    7    8

As the title states. If I finish this, I'll do a slightly harder Red Nuzlocke Run and then Yellow, Silver, Gold and finally Crystal. Don't expect to finish it though.

i wasn't familiar w/ the nuzlocke thing, but i looked it up. why would red be harder than blue?