Lumi's Spritastic Coffeeshop.

Thor Odinson

Just a quick note to say that I've also thrown this in ALS's topic incase he wants to go through and do any of the listed suggestions.

6b196fd6f957700dfcb97c7a82054720.png

Eyes/brows, the lines on the brow were more there for humour, but I really do think Lakche needs to look determined, she isn't a laid back girl from what I understand so you should try to convey that.

Collar, I don't think it should slope in toward the top like that, if it was soft material then maybe it would, but how you've sprited it, it looks very thick and stiff, so you either need the material to fall more smoothly and shade it as if it were thinner and softer, or change the angle so that it looks nicer for stiff material, this is just IMO.

For the thick band of trim, i think it would look nicer if it was a consistent slope, particularly when using diagonal lines consistency is nice, e.g. diagonal in 2 pixels, 2 pixels, 2 pixels, or a pure 45* angle of all 1 pixel diagonals.

e.g. c9dccdba9b8ef9f2e4fd6cb59a3f1dc0.png

Or if not then you want the anti aliasing to be impeccable

e.g. fd2b7eba3b9092d884443982dd38f8a6.png

While you can't really anti alias outlines onto the background, you can do it on things inside the image, like the trim on the chest ;)

Here are a few examples of how the games, and other spriters have done similar trim.

19cec255c7e0efe43ed46e34c7bc1de0.png

Gilliam

My Lakche

Aeo's Ayra

Blackavar/Chalpy's Radney

Squarerootofpi's Radney

Referencing Gilliams and taking a look at how the others are shaded might help, I particularly like the edged highlight line on the far side that Pi and I implemented, it adds a crispness to the sprite.

A few more examples, this time for the detailed swirl in the trim, 348cecdf6d9f40fc98a167a13601cb75.png, referencing these might help it come across more nicely.

430f04fe739376b35ad53cfa93713cca.png

Above are some examples of white armor shading, I just find that it looks very stark in your Lakche mug, you're welcome to ref any of my mugs if you like, I just think that for 4 shades, you could have it look a lot more smooth and crisp (yes, both at the same time :P, crisp lines, smoothed with anti aliasing)

Anyway that's about it for now :), I know a lot of the changes weren't done by you, but I thought I'd throw it in here incase you wanted to take a quick look and maybe have a go at editing it if the cnc's helpful at all ;)

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OAO

That is...incredibly helpful. Thanks Vamp!

I'll probably be using it soon.

So much white armor that I do @_@

One thing I wanna ask, though, can you also cnc my Holyn mug? I want to submit it for FE4A.

2s1ol6a.jpg

Edited Holyn. Gonna fix up Ska now.

In the eyes closed frame his left (Right OPV) eye is more saturated than his right (Left OPV).

I might go through and cnc Holyn at some point but just on a side note:

1) fe4a is basically dead

2) 58697de1aa3ea84862514d1d59cb7ad4.png < that's the fe4a current Holyn... By Blackavar

That's the current one? Shit, my mugsheet is outdated.

Do you know where I can get the newest one? And what's the current Skasaher? (hopefully there's something I may not be outclassed at)

And I'm actually spriting them for my Lumi's Harem Adventures Hack, where Holyn replaces Hayden as the King of Frelia Sophara. It's a crack project of mine.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I see.

*totally has no chance for 4A*

Anyway, GBA!Mist remake for ERL~

dmaec3.jpg

Tate's eyes, Fiora's mouth, and Lucius's scarf. rest are custom. I can't sprite big eyes no matter how hard I try ;~;

WHAT DO I NEED TO FIX ASDF BEFORE CHRISTMAS

That's Pi's Skasaher. While I think the sprite doesn't fit Ska's image as well, the sprite quality itself is top-notch.

I'll fix collar things.

Bangs. They are evil. Anyone can suggest to me a good reference? And not Karla. Tried hers, didn't work.

@Boney: The hair is actually Artur's hair color palette. The RD ref that I used was even more orange than that, and on top of that I'm going to run out of colors.

Edit: Though it is darker.

Goodie goodie.

And, no offense to you from what I said to Psych. Your Ska is good, but... Pi's work is so damn clean and crisp.

I'm sure with a few more years of spriting you could match his level Heck, you can probably already draw circles around him... if that makes any sense XD

EDIT: Psych, if you honestly think that Lumi's Ska could beat Pi's, you seriously need to re-evaluate your ability to tell quality in sprites XD

Again, not saying Lumi's isn't good, it's just no where near Pi level.

Edited by seph1212

Of course. The only possible way I can get my Ska into FE4A is if Vamp revamps it, since my sprite quality in comparison is LOL. And Vamp is busy anyway so I don't want to bother him with more sprites than he already has to do, so...

@ Bangs: *Massive Raegquat*

2s5zhg8.jpg

Of course. The only possible way I can get my Ska into FE4A is if Vamp revamps it, since my sprite quality in comparison is LOL. And Vamp is busy anyway so I don't want to bother him with more sprites than he already has to do, so...

@ Bangs: *Massive Raegquat*

2s5zhg8.jpg

I wouldn't mind doing it tomorrow. But it'll probably still fail massively to Pi's, lol.

Isn't this for DoF anyway?

Because if it is I have to fix it anyway.

DoF will have a Shaman! recolor of it.

But this is also for ERL's Christmas present so if you fix, then I recolor, and it will be all good. :>

Ska's mostly for my personal hack anyway so it can wait.

ASDF I need to learn battle animation insertion