Lumi's Spritastic Coffeeshop.

Thor Odinson

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the design and his turtle neck's come out quite nicely haha seeing sety makes me want to go through and finish my old lineart of him I started, I had this thing where I'd go through and make the relatives of Characters that Chalpy/Blackavar had done

*she did nanna, I did lachesis(and delmud, though I'm re=doing him, well I started to at least)*

*she did Fury, I did Fee*

*she did Levin, I started Sety*

*she did Tinny, I went through and re-did miss tama's Tiltyu*

Then there's the main set I did, related to her Ishtar haha

Anywayyyyys i'm way off topic, the problem areas are the shoulderpads the hair and the face.

Yeah. Amely pointed out some stuff with the shoulderpads that I'm gonna fix.

Hair and face, though,Vamp, can you give in detail crit? I want to make Sety better since he's my best sprite to date. owo

Also, off topic but...

Can I use your Lachesis in my hack too? Also, for Trabant, do you have the frames or should I just make them (even though I suck, lolol)?

Yeah. Amely pointed out some stuff with the shoulderpads that I'm gonna fix.

Hair and face, though,Vamp, can you give in detail crit? I want to make Sety better since he's my best sprite to date. owo

Also, off topic but...

Can I use your Lachesis in my hack too? Also, for Trabant, do you have the frames or should I just make them (even though I suck, lolol)?

I'm using Vamp's Trabant in my hack, and if you can get permission to use it, you're welcome to use the frames I make for it I know that frames aren't one of your strong points, Lumi

I did get permission so...

OMG thanks Trent.

Yeah. For Sety, I totally stole the frames from Pent because I suck at them and am lazy. Just like I stole Franz's ear.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Thanks, Frostbite.

I tried cleaning up the hair a bit.

QQ Vamp why do you make such sexy hair and why do I fail at referencing it?

Aaaaaanyway,

e9tg5z.jpg

Still Pent's frames and Franz's ears. And no clue how to fix face.

Edit: Moved nose over one px. Is this better?

260a2pd.jpg

Hair's flat, trim's shit, shirts good(considering it's only got 2 shades), smiling frames are top row, not bottom, further shoulder pad sits differently to the closer one, looks like he's tilting his arm(imo I find it weird, plausible though.).

Hair's flat, trim's shit, shirts good(considering it's only got 2 shades), smiling frames are top row, not bottom, further shoulder pad sits differently to the closer one, looks like he's tilting his arm(imo I find it weird, plausible though.).

Just a note, the shirt has 3 shades.

I think you'd want  to focus on the shoulderpad shape first and foremost, the focus on the trim. To me it seems that you added the trim holes in at the end? It might just be that they're pillowy, where as the trim should go in lines? Like the gap in an 'A' or a 'P' the lines go around rather and form the shape iono if that makes sense, id give a visual example but I'm at my holiday house and only have my fone net no net for my lappy

Astra made an edit of mine, but I dunno if I should post it until he gets online.

Nickt, if you need me to sketch out the damn fullbody angle I'll do it.

And though I understand my trimming abilities is absolute shit, can you, er... be a little more kind on the wording of it? :lol: And give actual tips on how to fix the goddamn thing. How the hell am I supposed to fix this shit if I don't get any pointers on it?

Frames I'll fix.

Lumi, the trim's lighting seems inconsistent. Just on the close shoulder pad for now,

try applying lighting to pretty much the whole trimming and show me how it looks after,

k? :]

I call the first shade of everything the lighting, if you don't understand.

Your trim so far isn't horrible, actually better than I could do before I got the hang

of AA-ing.

EDIT: Nother thing, use darkest skin shade to outline trim when it meets skin or

anything else similar in color.

Edited by April

I Dno but the trim just doesn't compare to the decorative one on your shannan, you need it to look raised as opposed to flat/ pillowed, if your still having trouble I'll compile some examples when I'm home, till then, possibly take a look at how I did it on my justice sprite, it isn't perfect but it might help

• 2 weeks later...

Meh. I'll eventually fix my sprites stuff, but for now...

Furetchen. For LumiFE, FuretFE, and SE. A manlier version will be made for DoF.

a2u91d.jpg

Cred to Astra for fixing up some stuff.