If you voted Tory...

Raven

No, we didn't fuck the country up. That was the work of the previous government (which was a Labour one if I remember correctly)! :P

We're trying to rebuild what your party ruined (ie this country).

I'm not sure exactly what they ruined. While I disagree with how the recession was dealt with, I think the Labour government was on the whole doing okay.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure exactly what they ruined. While I disagree with how the recession was dealt with, I think the Labour government was on the whole doing okay.

Most of the UK disagrees with you, I'm afraid (that's why Labour are in opposition instead of in government).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Most of the UK disagrees with you, I'm afraid (that's why Labour are in opposition instead of in government).

Most of the UK thinks that the Conservatives aren't capable of doing a better job (that's why there's a hung parliament).

Speaking of hung parliament FUCKING RURAL INDEPENDENTS

So many Lib Dem voters have defected to Labour simply because they despise the Tories, and see Labour as the only way out of any form of Conservative ruling.

I'm not saying I voted for Labour, I voted for the Liberal Democrats. Of course, most of the UK disagrees with me there as well. But such is life, that most people will end up disagreeing.

Quick google search reveals;

"The term tory originally denoted an Irish guerrilla, one of a group of Irishmen who in the 1640s were thrown off their property by the British and took to a life of harrying and plundering the British occupiers (it is an anglicization of Irish *tóraighe ‘pursuer’, which was derived from tóir ‘pursue’). In the 1670s it was applied as a term of abuse to Irish Catholic royalists, and then more generally to supporters of the Catholic James II, and after 1689 it came to be used for the members of the British political party that had at first opposed the removal of James and his replacement with the Protestant William and Mary."

Not quite as hilarious as I'd hoped, but close enough.

Edited by Furetchen

Lemme buy you a drink. My affiliations would...probably lie with the Monster Raving Loony Party, myself.

Alternatively, whoever appears to have the most chance of suddenly and spontaneously abolishing the monarchy.

Then we'd need to come up with a new tourist attraction :(

This Tory government is much like a rainbow.

It looks good from a distance, but on close inspection it has no real substance, you can see right through it and it's only there because of the Sun.

It looks good from a distance, but on close inspection it has no real substance, you can see right through it and it's only there because of the Sun.

Well with a Con-Dem coalition what can you expect.

Still, it's better than having a Labour government! Oh and Raven, if you don't like the govenment, I suggest you emigrate somewhere else!

Still, it's better than having a Labour government! Oh and Raven, if you don't like the govenment, I suggest you emigrate somewhere else!

I'll wait patiently and watch Labour rise again and save us from these despised Tories. Besides, I couldn't even leave if I wanted to. Not enough money, nowhere to go, nowhere to stay, family, friends and education are here, etc.

That's stupid. I assume that you didn't leave the country when Labour got into power, so why should Raven?

I refer to them as Communists since they call them the Communist party.

You will find that in politics what someone says they are, and what they really are are vastly different. A great many nations who were anything but have called themselves the "People's Democratic Republic of", or some variation on that. Surely that won't make you hate People or Democracy or Republics, will it?

And I never liked communism to start.

Well yes, inability to function in reality does kind of limit a political ideology, but I can't help but love it all the same.

You will find that in politics what someone says they are, and what they really are are vastly different. A great many nations who were anything but have called themselves the "People's Democratic Republic of", or some variation on that. Surely that won't make you hate People or Democracy or Republics, will it?

Actually...

Most of the "communist" nations use "People's Republic" or "People's Democracy" in their names to attempt to make themselves sound less fail.

It does rather piss me off.

... I don't like totalitarian states in general. Or an ideology that makes everyone the fucking same. GAH.

Then we'd need to come up with a new tourist attraction :(

I don't care! DOWN WITH THE MONARCHY

keep the guards, they're pretty cool in an outdatedly awesome way

...Australia needs that referendum again, with Republican leaders who DON'T FUCK IT UP THIS TIME