What would you like to see in a new FE

I think a Twilight Mage/Sage could be an interesting class (and would encourage more dark diversity). Slight story complications because it's been said before that the two magics are polar opposites in nature and casting but I like the idea, perhaps for a unique character or at least you only recruit one.

I once made a small story revolving around a char like that (I was into spriting and "story making" when FE7 was out). something among the line of a Lordlike char who has always had the church as companion (hence why you start with Light) but during the story the church turns your back on you so you join the dark side (promotion => you now know Dark)

way too long ago to remember

I think we're missing out on armoured mage action. Make it fully armoured, though, vulnerable to hammers etc.

ofc

As for a magic swordmaster I disagree on the grounds that I want a full set of magic weapons, so there'd only be one sword for them to use. Magical weapons would have to be rare too (unless you want to mess up the game mechanics), so the class would be running on rare, expensive weapons.

not a full set, think of Mist (kind of). Hard to train in the beginning (cause of no magic weapons) but once they show up, they shine (kinda). But it's only an idea (not like IS is going to use em)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armored units without crappy movement, or superior stats to make up for it.

You need them in the front to block attacks, but how will they get to the front without good movement?

-you get 1 boots in every game

-you play safe (aka go forward slowly) instead of lowturncount playthroughs

I want armored mages with high defense.

And I want individual or at least differently colored battle models for each character. FE10 style with each character actually looking like themselves would be preferable but GBA style works fine with complete recolors. Not that only having different colored hair thing from the DS FEs.

Edited by acey555

You need them in the front to block attacks, but how will they get to the front without good movement?

It's not just that, it's also that most other physical classes have enough durability to act as walls too.

Fatigue, fatigue, fatigue. This is what makes FE5 so challenging. Rather than just field your best units every chapter (read as Catria in FE12 from Chapter 2 onwards), it makes you rotate your units constantly. Why not do that?

EDIT: Actually, half of the stuff present in FE5 should probably make a return. Like PCC or Movement stars on shittier units to give me reasons to actually use them (Ronan, I'm looking at you).

Edited by 4chan

Griffon Riders? Hippogriffs are cooler!

Anyway my list:

FE9's support system

The Base (FE9/10 style)

A new class for a Lord upon promotion.

Return of magical swords

Flying magic users

Unique sprites for the player characters and some enemy characters.

Orchestrated music (again)

Samson/Arran choices where you can get the other one later?

Also, everyone being useful, which might be too much to ask because crappy units always find their way into the game somehow...

I think it's important to have a good variety of characters. I don't want every character to play the same (and thus be boring) in the name of balance. And a lot of people like having Ests that start bad and require attention to become good, or like taking Graveyard Tier characters like Sophia and Astrid and making them work despite their flaws.

Plus, it seems like an impossible task to ask for balance with the large casts of characters we're seeing in newer FEs.

I think it might be nice to have even more Samson/Arran choices, possibly in unit customization, and perhaps an extra where boards can be designed for wifi, etc.

I think that Samson/Arran choices are flawed. If you prefer Character X to Character Y, then just let Y warm the bench.

Edited by Mr. Know-it-all-Anouleth

FE10's support system, coupled with FE 7/9-esque character development. (I didn't like the fact that FE10's support conversations were generic. FE10 might have been a little better if that wasn't the case.) Otherwise, FE9's support system coupled with FE 7/9-esque character development.

FE 9/10 style base.

FE4 style arena.

Lively cast of characters. {FEs 7 & 9, and to some extent FE4, were steps in the right direction. (At least IMO.) I don't know about FE12 just yet, but I do see promise in that respect.}

Variation between the Lord classes. (Micaiah, and to some extents, Celicia, Hector, and Ephraim were steps in the right direction in offering an alternative to the traditional sword-using Lord classes. I don't know if alternate Lord classes upon promotion would work just as well though.)

Fatigue

The return of magical weapons, with characters with a high enough magic growth to make them useful. (Several FE4 characters were steps in the that direction.)

Flying bowman and mage classes

I'll post more later.

Edited by LittleAl

I'm hearing a lot of people clamouring for armoured mages. Well, they'd have to be strong to lug around the extra weight...I'd say they should also use some kind of weapon. A return to the Magefighters of old, perhaps, armoured about as much as a Hero?

• Branched storylines/endings (in fact, let's get both), very much in the SMT sense in that actions actually matter.
  • Repercussion for certain actions for the above. (Closing off some recruitable characters/events/chapters/branches).
  • Return of the Civilian class
  • Better writers
  • Remixes of past classic theme battles
  • Balanced classes--whatever that means

All I ever wanted.

Yeah. I don't think armored mages would work as a playable class. (Barons and FE4!Emperors were similar, but they were enemy only classes. I think they worked best like that.) And I wonder if Mage Fighters and Mage Knights getting a strength growth to make swords less redundant for them would work.

More things I want.

Unique sprites/character models for playable characters and some enemies.

Skills, with FE9's mastery skills (except make Astra the FE 4/5/10 version), and FE10's skillset modification. (But I wonder if modifying it so that the mastery skills are character based instead of class based, like with the skillsets of several FE4 characters, would work.)

Branching story paths (Complete with different main character perspectives.)

My Unit to be reimplemented and expanded upon

A great storyline {Something every game should have nowadays. Although I'm not saying that good storylines weren't present in FE games before. (I probably wouldn't even be in the fandom if I thought FE didn't have a good story.)}

A few more thoughts:

Have generic female enemies. They join your side, why not the enemy.

Expand the animations. Have separate no damage animations which show the unit defending. You could interrupt it for a defence animation.

A couple of different dodge animations for different attack directions; Micaiah's jump back makes sense with a soldier's lance but not an archer's arrow.

Better mounted animations. A mounted fighter would attack their enemy while thundering past, not ride up, stop and hit.

Different animations for normal and heavy weapons like blades, swordmasters shouldn't be swinging around a sword that big like that and poleaxes start half buried after first tier.

Rename/remodel poleaxes as battleaxes (I think someone else came up with this name) and have anti armour and cavalry weapons for each type. Give them good names too.

A saving system like Shadow Dragon so you can resume the mission if you make a mistake late in instead of redoing the entire thing, but it's not so easy to RNG abuse.

A game mode where you can command an army. You train and recruit units, assemble forces, deploy and then battle in true FE style, a bit like an RTS campaign.

Fully command the generic allies in what would be the partner phase. Unlikely, true, but we're tired of CPU allies doing stupid things.

I think that's all for now.

I would like to see an alternate mode unlocked upon completion where all characters are available from the beginning and in all chapters, with level and stats suitably altered. It would be good for many players whose favourite characters have availability issues.

I would like to see an alternate mode unlocked upon completion where all characters are available from the beginning and in all chapters, with level and stats suitably altered. It would be good for many players whose favourite characters have availability issues.

so ... new game+? (I would like that aswell >.>)

Remove the deploy limits and make larger maps. That way choice is always available if you want a 20 person team. Of course, you could still bench your crap units if you wanted.