Mosts over/underrated pairings

Sasori

OVerated: BeowolfXLachesis, yes the swords are nice, but the speed is average as is the defense. He's not dodging much early game because of it. Which makes him more difficult to raise.

Beo!Delmud has all of 6 more avo than Levin!Delmud, the fastest possible father. The gap widens, of course, but not significantly enough to make him into a dodging machine. And Levin!Delmud isn't a better option, just the fastest one. The other reasonable options (Fin, and according to some, Azel) are barely any faster.

I think BeoxLache is pretty popular because he's the easiest one to pair with her and her kids turn out decent? I think it'll be pretty hard to make Delmud and Nanna to be in par with other broken characters, and no matter who you pair Lachesis with her kids will always be decent. Finn!Delmud dodges a lot (at least in my game) which makes him quite durable, but his attack is still pitiful compared to others and...yeah.

Really? With Hazul blood and Beo as a father and A swords, I find he 2HKOs everything but Armors/Generals by using a Silver Blade. I give him a skill ring until promotion for 10 more hit, and an Armor Cutter to deal with armors/generals.

My problem is that his durability isn't all that great. It starts about at the level of the sword twins (which is bad in chapter 6), and if their father is Lex they quickly become way way more durable than he is. However, he's still durable enough to function, and at least he is a mounted unit that can kill stuff dead for me before I get Aless. Lester fits the bill for that, too, with a Hero Bow and Midir as a father, but even Delmud's poor durability gets me some enemy phase action. Otherwise I've just got Oifaye, really.

The problem with Lester and Delmud is that they're horribly dependent on their father for both growths and skills.

Lex produces an interesting Delmud and Nanna. Both pretty much capped their strength and defense whilst their health was pretty high. Elite also helped Nanna keep up without pursuit through staves and hitting once. However, Delmud needed the pursuit ring to function. Their skill was also a litttle problem, although Delmud's promotion fixed it a little.

I've never tried BeowulfxLachesis, although I'd imagine that Charge helps increase damage output once in a while.

You don't need to increase damage output with charge if you 2HKO and double. That's why Fin is arguably a better father than Beowulf (at least for Delmud). I just like being able to send weapons down to Delmud without being unable to use them in part 1. The cutter and the silver blade are great for him.

Sure, Delmud and Lester are bad if you give them a father that doesn't work for them, but my response to that is "then don't give them a bad father, duh". If Lester starts with pursuit and the hero bow (only possible with Midir) then he'll be as good a bow knight as he could possibly be. No 1 range so there's only so good a bow knight can actually be, but at least he'll be the best he can. Of course, if you are trying to go as fast as you possibly can you'll want Azel as a father which results in Lester sucking, but oh well.

Midale produces a fine Lester. Pursuit and the Hero Bow go nicely together (Jamka's Continue is nice but the Hero bow renders it useless). Charge and attacking at range is a wonderful combination, he'll be hitting for a fair amount of damage at least 4 times. There's alsothe bonus that minor Ulir cancels out Midale's weak luck.

I did like Fin!Delmud, I forgot to get him a sword but he can just take a spare from Lakche or Skasaha at one of the castles, considering I usually load the two up on them. Nanna also appreciated the Speed convo.

^ I think that's the same case with me too, with Finn x Lachesis I forgot giving Delmud a decent sword at the beginning. In my first game, I thought Delmud will be the one who inherits Silver Sword instead of Nanna, but strangely it ends up at Nanna, leaving Delmud with pitiful weapons...

Prayer!Delmud dodges like almost everytime, making him very useful in luring enemy (plus, put him in forest terrain for extra dodge). Though Delmud takes hit pretty hard though. Prayer!Nanna helps her to survive alot during chapter 7.

Nanna with Earth Sword + Silver Sword does just fine in chapter 7 for me (though I give her the nearby speed ring village so she can double at 2 range with Earth Sword). And that's with a level 16 Fin with Iron Lance (read: mostly useless) and Leaf with a Light Sword (and an Iron Blade that doesn't serve much purpose but I had nothing better to do with it). Of course, they needed some Fee help but what else is she going to do? Save them, then fly off to the Shield Ring village to save that, then fly back to deal with the second wave that is produced after taking the second castle. And as she's passing by she can distract some of the mages with Tinny to make it easier for Arthur to recruit her.