Why do people not like the story

i was wondering because i thought the story was really good.

the themes were also good my fav

- imperfection of gods

so why dont critics like the story? do you like the story?

I really really liked it.

It tied up everything that was forshadowed in FE9, such as the dark god in the medallion, and the hint of the laguz and Begnion going to war during the Janaff-Lucia supports.

Besides, I just found it an intriguing story overall.

I think the people who didn't like it couldn't get past Part one. "Deeer! This is exactly like the previous game!!! DEER!" (I heard a couple critics say that...well, a less exaggerated form of that) When, in fact, if they would have progressed, they would have seen that Part one was SUPPOSED to be similar to Path a Radiance, setting up the whole Pelleas-being-set-up storyline.

It's just like people who watch the first ten minutes of a movie and automatically run to their dumb blogs and "critique" it.

Yeah, when I read an article about it, the person who wrote the article said that people didn't like the storyline because they were basing their opinions solely on Part 1(and perhaps Part 2).

i love this story and like some people said i don't know why critics don't like it

Edited by Fireemblemfan

Best FE story ever. That's my opinion. The reviewers obviously played only part 1, which is pretty generic, part 2 was good, and by the end of part 3 I was almost speechless.

I say one site that gave RD a 5/10 in story, and Super Mario Galaxy [a game with almost NO plot] a 7. ARE THEY INSANE?!

The reviews of RD are all wrong. I want to send hate mail to everyone who reviewed it.

Super Mario Galaxy's story was a freakin' bedtime story. That game disappointed me. Anyone saying RD has a bad story obviously didn't get past part 1 or didn't read it.

whats wrong with bedtime stories? I thought it was charming...

anyways I liked RD's plot... the thing I hated was how the chapters jumped around too much in part 1. It would of been alot better and smoother with 5 more chapters to transition the storyline better.

Super Mario Galaxy's story was a freakin' bedtime story. That game disappointed me. Anyone saying RD has a bad story obviously didn't get past part 1 or didn't read it.

I heared that some reviewers skipped all the story sections and went straight to the battles.

And on the subject of SMG, they left a lot of stuff unrevealed about Rosalina's past, (there's probably a huge amount of internet speculation) which was interesting, but lets move discussion about SMG to the other games forum and get back to RD.

Many reviewers simply judge a game by what they see, and they usually try to rush through the game, so I suppose they can't really enjoy everything about the game.

Many reviewers simply judge a game by what they see, and they usually try to rush through the game, so I suppose they can't really enjoy everything about the game.

Well you can't blame them, they probably have to play and beat, two, maybe three or more, games a week, and if they are games as long as FE they need to be a bit quick

Mmm, A lot of friends I know who own the game said that the story ran into a wall at the end of part 3 so to block the main parties from killing each other, they randomly stopped everything. I thought that was stupid because if it was some dumb writer's block then they wouldn't have based a third of the game around it, now would they have?

Mmm, A lot of friends I know who own the game said that the story ran into a wall at the end of part 3 so to block the main parties from killing each other, they randomly stopped everything. I thought that was stupid because if it was some dumb writer's block then they wouldn't have based a third of the game around it, now would they have?

that is BS! by any chance, did your friends play PoR?

because if they did, they would have known that a war of epic proportions such as this one would have released Yune. they didn't randomly stop it. after all, PoR was all about "don't go into war, it may release the dark god."

all of RD was about the events that lead to this situation in which Yune was released. it wasn't about "hey, lets have some random characters get into a war and then lets make up some excuse so that they join forces." all was foreshadowed ever since PoR

The only problem with the game I had was Part One. The Dawn Brigade. We learn next to nothing about them. Pretty much everything in the introduction section is all we know. It kind of made it hard to get into the characters, really.

Now that I've beat RD (just a few moments ago) I can have a say in this.

I thought the story was nothing short of incredible. The writing wasn't as good as PoR, but the story itself was on par, maybe even surpassed it.