Pikmin

Florete

This game is so addicting it's nuts. I played it (never beat it) a few years ago but I recently borrowed it from a friend and I'm loving it again. What are your thoughts?

Oh, and I've also bought Pikmin 2, but I haven't started it yet.

Well Olimar in Brawl does have a good amount of potential in Brawl I'll give him that, it's just Olimar left a bitter taste in my mouth after all the noob Ollimar users that I played just Pikmin throw till they are in killing range of a smash.

But back on topic, I hear that the music is great in this game. In fact the songs that they used to promote it in Japan (the two songs that are in the Pikmin Brawl stage) are great.

I'm actually one of the few people I know who hates it. I can understand the appeal, but I always feel rushed. I got maybe one part of the ship every four days. I couldn't take the pressure. Plus I felt bad everytime one of the pikmin died. And no matter how hard I tried I could never avoid the water, so everyone died.

I hated it. I liked the concept, but I didn't click with the gameplay.

But that's just my opinion.

The first time I saw my brother playing Pikmin, I thought it was some sort of...slave game. D:

And back then I was constantly freaking out if a pikmin died, because I'd find it so tragic because I hate it when people die in my games. Which is probably why I've never completed a FE game without everyone being alive. XD

But it is an addicting game, nonetheless. But I haven't played it in forever, so I barely remember half of it. XD

I personally like Pikmin a lot more than Overlord. I have to get those games back.

Also, Royal, might you be referring to me when you trash Olimar players?.

• 2 weeks later...

i've never played it.

its all SSBB Fault! i heard Ai no Uta and i liked it, so i searched the song on youtube.

there was one with english lyrics, and once i found out what it meant, that made me almost cry!

i vowed never to play pikmin in order to not have them suffer that fate!

*goes to cry in the corner*

i want to play it

Pikmin is really really fun

the sequal is better than the first gameplay wise

but I always loved the first one for its constant feeling of imminent danger

the second one's story is really corny

must totally imbalance an entire ecosystem to fix my financial problems!!!

I just played the sequel, and I got to say it is miles better than the original. Especially now that you don't have that stupid time limit.

That "stupid time limit" isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. My first time beating it, I did it in 22 days.

I beat Pikmin 1 maybe once, and that was with the help of a friend. When I was younger, the Mushroom boss would freak me out, because it would turn my pikmin against me.

Pikmin 2, however, is one of my favorite games for gamecube. I've spent so much time playing Challenge Mode with my cousins, it's not funny, but it is fun. After SSBM and ToS, Pikmin 2 has the most play hours of any Gamecube game I own. I love the system, having 2 commanders, being able to split up, all the upgrades, and the optional dungeons! Pikmin 2 is a must buy IMO.

I hope they make a Pikmin game for Wii.

I beat Pikmin 1 maybe once, and that was with the help of a friend. When I was younger, the Mushroom boss would freak me out, because it would turn my pikmin against me.

Pikmin 2, however, is one of my favorite games for gamecube. I've spent so much time playing Challenge Mode with my cousins, it's not funny, but it is fun. After SSBM and ToS, Pikmin 2 has the most play hours of any Gamecube game I own. I love the system, having 2 commanders, being able to split up, all the upgrades, and the optional dungeons! Pikmin 2 is a must buy IMO.

I hope they make a Pikmin game for Wii.

Hopefully they do make a Wii Pikmin, cause I need something new to play