What the f*** just happened.

riariadne

So I was on my current run of FE4, when all of a sudden Schimdt goes to the castle and disappears. I wonder if I'm just not seeing him, so I open up the conditions screen or whatever it's called.

It said there were 13 guys. Last turn there were 2.

Schmidt promptly reappears with said 11 extra guys. I mean, I've seen mini-bosses go back for reinforcements, but it happened over the course of 2 turns. The fuck is this shit? Has this ever happened to anyone else? It sure surprised me.

It's called abusing your way to a 100* silver sword. Some bosses have their AI programed to run back to the castle and get more units when they feel threatened. It's one of the popular ways of recruiting Hannibal later.

I meant the fact that he stayed in the castle for a turn. Whenever a boss went to get reinforcements for me before, they immediately returned with them rather than staying inside the castle.

Apparently other people say it's normal for them to stay a turn, but... :/

Schmidt was enough of a pimp to pick his own crappy axe near some lake in Verdane. He should be expected to go back home and get mo' of his bitches to help die for him.

Pamela I'm fairly sure goes in and comes back out later. I think you might just be misremembering.

I just loaded the savestate I still have of that chapter, and she came out with the reinforcements that turn...