A question about the main characters in "Fire emblem Gaiden"

Dwalin2010

I have just started the game and I have a question about the main characters. Somewhere on the Fire Emblem Wiki there is written that they are cousins, but somewhere else is said that their grandfather Maisen is an adoptive one. So I don't understand if they are adoptive cousins, or blood related ones, but through other characters, not the "grandfather"? Could anybody who finished the game tell me if they are blood-related or not? That bothers me because I read that at the end of the game they get married and so I want to know it there is incest in the game or not.

I have just started the game and I have a question about the main characters. Somewhere on the Fire Emblem Wiki there is written that they are cousins, but somewhere else is said that their grandfather Maisen is an adoptive one. So I don't understand if they are adoptive cousins, or blood related ones, but through other characters, not the "grandfather"? Could anybody who finished the game tell me if they are blood-related or not? That bothers me because I read that at the end of the game they get married and so I want to know it there is incest in the game or not.

I can see the line you're referring to, but I'm pretty sure they're not blood-related. Alm and Celica were both adopted by Maisen.

Alm is the prince of Rigel and Celica is the princess of Sofia, and the royal families of both countries aren't related.

I'm really starting to wonder if you guys actually enjoy incest in Fire Emblem...

Anyways, I'm insanely sure they aren't cousins, seeing how they never mention in game that the people of Sofia and Rigel are related.

I am not enjoying it. In fact, it would have ruined the game for me.

I'm really starting to wonder if you guys actually enjoy incest in Fire Emblem...

Incest incest it's the best, put your sister to the test!

Anyway's no I don't, but it's great to play it for laughs

I am not enjoying it. In fact, it would have ruined the game for me.

Your distaste was obvious to him, I'd hope. I assumed he was in some way talking about many of the other users here.

Still, though, even if they are blood related cousins it's not as if that isn't something that happens in many cultures. You shouldn't let that ruin a game for you (fe4 Lakche and Shanan, anyone? Or even Lex!Lakche and Johan/Johalva. It takes a lot of effort to avoid one of those two happening). Or just ignore it and pretend they aren't blood related.

I don't recall any mentions during the game of them being related... And once you consider the background story to the game, it wouldn't make sense for them to be related.

Well in Medieval Europe, which this game is kind of based on, it is perfectly common for cousins to get married. Really, it is only within the last 100 years that marrying one's cousin has become taboo. Really, just ignore it if you don't like it, and continue to play the game. If it really bothers you, then do your best to pair them with other people or ignore the couple.