Strider Zero's Sprites

Strider Zero

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I think I fixed the shading. Yes he is supposed to be angry lol.

new_sp12.png

Shading on his left cheek needs to be fixed a little more. Reference some other mugs for some help.

There are two light skin colors on his face. . . surrounding his eyes is a light yellowish skin color, while right under that (nose and mouth and such), is another color. Change one of them. To add to the eye area, the hair to the right of his right eye (our right) looks cut off. Lastly, the eyes themselves could also use some work. Add maybe a bit more shading. . . perhaps reference some Fire Emblem mugs.

I will fix the skin problems when I can be bothered to get to it. Other than that, it's good splicing, right?

It's decent. Good job.

You still should fix the problems, before calling it finished, if you're doing such.

I will fix the skin problems when I can be bothered to get to it. Other than that, it's good splicing, right?

As Seph said, it is decent. However, compared to your earlier sprites they are a huge improvement. Keep practicing and I think you will be much better in time. And, remember to keep the sprites at 15 colors (16 if the background is a different color). Even if you aren't inserting them into a hack, it's a good thing to do.

It's decent. Good job.

You still should fix the problems, before calling it finished, if you're doing such.

Right. Will do.

As Seph said, it is decent. However, compared to your earlier sprites they are a huge improvement. Keep practicing and I think you will be much better in time. And, remember to keep the sprites at 15 colors (16 if the background is a different color). Even if you aren't inserting them into a hack, it's a good thing to do.

15 colors...got it.

Right. Will do.

15 colors...got it.

There's a program called GIMP that can help you tell the colors (a lot of colors are "rogue colors", in that they look similar to other colors that it is a little difficult to tell them apart). I'm not sure about other programs, but if you want GIMP, you can get it at their website: http://www.gimp.org/ I'm not sure about the exact download location, but search around and you'll find it.

Edited by Cymbeline

I've actually had GIMP for quite some time. Before I go ahead and open it up and stuff, I've redone the eyes yet again and I fixed that hair spot. I re-put Eliwood's mug on so there shouldn't be a shading problem anymore.

new_sp13.png

Edited by Strider Zero

I've actually had GIMP for quite some time. Before I go ahead and open it up and stuff, I've redone the eyes yet again and I fixed that hair spot. I re-put Eliwood's mug on so there shouldn't be a shading problem anymore.

new_sp13.png

Looks much better. One of the things that stands out to me, however, is that there needs to be more shading around his neck where his collar meets skin (just a little bit more, in my opinion).