So, apparently...

Florete

...I'm better at FE when distracted.

No, really. Some of you may have heard that FE7 has been pissing me off lately. I've been trying to S rank HHM. Kinship's Bond (11 turn Defend Nils) kept kicking my ass, and I had actually stopped playing for about a week after 15+ tries because I was too frustrated. Then as I'm waiting in line with some friends for HP7 Part 1 I pull it out and decide to just have a go at it, see what happens, half playing, half conversing. Of course, this is the time I finally clear the map. Not when I'm fully focused devising the best strategies I can, but when I'm just moving units to see what happens.

A couple of the friends I was with are actually familiar with the game and were watching in the latter half, since it was at that point I was saying stuff like "Holy crap, I might make it" and "Oh damn, someone's gonna die this turn, I know it." But as much as they kept saying "someone's gonna die, you're gonna fail," (horrible friends, I know) no one died, even after Hector took a crit from the boss, leaving him with 3 HP (it did 30 damage) and then being attacked by a Nomad (who could only do 1 damage). Hell, before even that Isadora got attacked by his Spear while wielding her Silver Sword because I didn't know he moved, leaving her with a mere 8 HP, followed by an Archer and Nomad attack, both of which she was lucky to dodge. However, I had Priscilla with Physic, Serra, and Ninian there to save the day, so even though Hector missed his first 88 (displayed) on the boss, Kent was lucky enough to avoid a crit (7) while lowering him enough for Hector to try again after Ninian refreshed him and I finally cleared that map on the last turn.

Oh, Heath and Rath also got a level each. Yay experience.

And then we watched Harry Potter. And it was awesome.

I remember being stuck on that fucking chapter for a long time trying to S EHM until I randomly aced it through intervention by Lucius. That's about when I started to appreciate Lucius, too.

Now I'm stuck on Kenneth and I think my only salvation will be intervention by Erk.

Edited by Integrity

How did Raven do?

With help from Barrier he tanked Mages with Oswin. He hasn't been getting much Strength.

Deathly Hallows Part 1? I hope it was better than Half-Blood Prince...

You say that like Half-Blood Prince was bad.

Half Blood Prince wasn't bad. The only movie I really had more than minor complaints about was Order of the Phoenix, and that was because it was too short considering it was the longest book.

Half Blood Prince wasn't bad. The only movie I really had more than minor complaints about was Order of the Phoenix, and that was because it was too short considering it was the longest book.

I felt Order of the Phoenix dragged a bit (the book), so I'm happy they condensed it. Been years since I read it, anyway.