IS hated Astrid too much in RD

19 members have voted

1. 1. Does PoR Astrid look more like Catalena than Astrid(RD)?

• Yes catalena's face matches PoR Astrid better
    • No RD Astrid has more resemblance to PoR Astrid than Catalena's face.
  2. 2. Do you think Part 2 was meant to have more chapters?

You can bench him after 1-4 and do the chapters perfectly without him, like I did in my run. =/

I mean, we got Zihark and freaking Volug. And then there's Tauroneo and his two chapters...

And the reason you took 7 turns on 1-8 when the others manage 4 or 5 is what? Trust me, the answer is "Sothe". Also, I think your 10 in 1-4 is worse than theirs as well. Again, the correct answer to "why?" is "Sothe".

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The conclusion to my poor turncounts is the lack of experience.

So you really think that if we told the more experienced guys "don't use Sothe after 1-4 and don't let him kill stuff even then" that they could pull off the same turncounts without him as they do with him? I find that incredibly hard to believe. Thickets get in the way on 1-6-1 and 1-8 and Zihark's 2 range blows. Nothing much tops iron knife forges during part 1.

Unless by "lack of experience" you mean "if I was more experienced I'd use Sothe like I should be doing". Which still comes back to "Sothe" as the answer anyway.

I think Astrid looks kinda hot.

I say anywhere.

I agree. Astrid is cute as a button! Even in her mug! (of course she would look all blah in RD! Shes dealing with Makalov! Even if she wants to, thats gotta do something to you!)

So you really think that if we told the more experienced guys "don't use Sothe after 1-4 and don't let him kill stuff even then" that they could pull off the same turncounts without him as they do with him? I find that incredibly hard to believe. Thickets get in the way on 1-6-1 and 1-8 and Zihark's 2 range blows. Nothing much tops iron knife forges during part 1.

Unless by "lack of experience" you mean "if I was more experienced I'd use Sothe like I should be doing". Which still comes back to "Sothe" as the answer anyway.

I'm sure that they would, given the resources I had. Zihark's 2-range option is about the same as Sothe's when mine had an Str transfer (Well, assuming my own run anyway). And I don't really remember anyone 4-5 turning that Chapter. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough.

Given that 7 turns is still under the BEXP turn limit, who exactly cares?

You really shouldn't try to talk when we are talking about turns.

"and do the chapters perfectly without him"

a ton of us are actually caring about turncounts beyond the pathetic requirements the game puts forth. Seriously, 15 turns for 3-2 and 20 turns for 3-8? Soul said something that isn't true, since you can achieve a higher form of perfection with Sothe than without him.

I'm sure that they would, given the resources I had. Zihark's 2-range option is about the same as Sothe's when mine had an Str transfer (Well, assuming my own run anyway). And I don't really remember anyone 4-5 turning that Chapter. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough.

Wind edges have terrible accuracy. How can you not notice that? Sure, mt-wise maybe he can get close, but the mt isn't the biggest deal. When Zihark is hovering around 70 hit on a lucky day with that stupid weapon I say it sucks in comparison to forged knives. And your transfers aren't going to do a thing for walking through thickets. Pay attention.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

So with "perfect", you mean "lowest turncounts possible"? Because what I meant was not going above the BEXP limit. We aren't playing for lowest turns possible, as a few have already mentioned. Why should it matter? You are also hindering the characters that actually want CEXP by doing that (Nolan).

Wind edges have terrible accuracy. How can you not notice that? Sure, mt-wise maybe he can get close, but the mt isn't the biggest deal. When Zihark is hovering around 70 hit on a lucky day with that stupid weapon I say it sucks in comparison to forged knives. And your transfers aren't going to do a thing for walking through thickets. Pay attention.

I would actually find that troublesome if he didn't have Adept to back it up.

Edited by Soul

So with "perfect", you mean "lowest turncounts possible"? Because what I meant was not going above the BEXP limit.

pretty lame definition of perfect then. A lot of things are perfect now. I can even raise Ilyana quite effectively while being "perfect".

We aren't playing for lowest turns possible, as a few have already mentioned. Why should it matter? You are also hindering the characters that actually want CEXP by doing that (Nolan).

How so? Colonel M and Interceptor still got Nolan to promotion despite using Sothe. And it's not like using Zihark wouldn't take the same amount of exp from Nolan anyway. You said you can sub Zihark for Sothe. Then you complain about Nolan's exp gains. Pick a complaint and stick with it.

I would actually find that troublesome if he didn't have Adept to back it up.

You seriously think that even comes close to making up not having 100% hit? Do you want me to do math to show why you are being a stubborn idiot or will you just accept being wrong?

Edited by Narga_Rocks

How so? Colonel M and Interceptor still got Nolan to promotion despite using Sothe. And it's not like using Zihark wouldn't take the same amount of exp from Nolan anyway. You said you can sub Zihark for Sothe. Then you complain about Nolan's exp gains. Pick a complaint and stick with it.

According to most, Sothe is dealing with most of the enemies during Part 1, and Nolan would only be lucky to be getting CEXP. Not my word, but I believe it's true.

You seriously think that even comes close to making up not having 100% hit? Do you want me to do math to show why you are being a stubborn idiot or will you just accept being wrong?

That chance of missing does exist, and I don't really need you to do the math again, like you did to NM over Pelleas' Hit. I won't argue about it, but I can assure you, that there are very few who actually worry about 70% displayed Hit. Many would find it pretty reliable. I am one of them, despite getting screwed alot by this game here.

Edited by Soul

That chance of missing does exist, and I don't really need you to do the math again, like you did to NM over Pelleas' Hit.

Wasn't that me?

I don't know, I think that might be fun.

80% is as good as 100%. Right. Let's go with a classic Chance to Hit rebuttal. 84% displayed is 95% true, 100% displayed is 100% true.

Chance to miss over 20 hits for 84:

1 = 0.05

2 = 0.0975

3 = 0.142625

4 = 0.18549374999999999

5 = 0.22621906249999998

6 = 0.264908109375

7 = 0.30166270390624994

8 = 0.3365795687109374

9 = 0.36975059027539053

10 = 0.401263060761621

11 = 0.43119990772353994

12 = 0.4596399123373629

13 = 0.48665791672049474

14 = 0.51232502088447

15 = 0.5367087698402464

16 = 0.559873331348234

17 = 0.5818796647808223

18 = 0.6027856815417811

19 = 0.6226463974646921

20 = 0.6415140775914574

Chance to miss over 20 hits for 100:

1 = 0

2 = 0

3 = 0

4 = 0

5 = 0

6 = 0

7 = 0

8 = 0

9 = 0

10 = 0

11 = 0

12 = 0

13 = 0

14 = 0

15 = 0

16 = 0

17 = 0

18 = 0

19 = 0

20 = 0

What does that tell us?

According to most, Sothe is dealing with most of the enemies during Part 1, and Nolan would only be lucky to be getting CEXP. Not my word, but I believe it's true.

good god. Did you even read their playlogs? Look at their nice little code boxes where they show you characters' levels and stats? Or are you accusing them of lying about those?

That chance of missing does exist, and I don't really need you to do the math again, like you did to NM over Pelleas' Hit. I won't argue about it, but I can assure you, that there are very few who actually worry about 70% displayed Hit. Many would find it pretty reliable. I am one of them, despite getting screwed alot by this game here.

That's not getting screwed. That's called getting what you deserve for relying on crappy hit rates. Face it, if you are counting on 70% to kill something, that's only a 49% chance of actually hitting twice. How in the hell is that even remotely reliable? Let's up it to 70 listed. 82.3% true. That's still only a ~67.7% chance of actually hitting twice. So if you try to do this just three times you are likely going to fail to kill at least once. And you call that reliable? What are you on? Of course you are going to miss at annoying times. If you want to stop getting "screwed alot" I'd recommend you start using better strategies.

I'm talking in general. Not just hit rates, but also when it came to facing critical against enemies. Like that one time in 1-E, I actually had to restart because Volug got critikilled by a Thunder Mage that had 4% critical on him. And for Hit rates, there were many times where I missed at 80~%.

I'm sorry I can't be as good in math as you guys.

I'm sorry I can't be as good in math as you guys.

I don't think anyone is expecting you to calculate the exact chance to miss when your unit is doubling with 74% displayed while you're playing. I know I don't. But if someone else can do the same job at 90%+ displayed, who should probably do it?

Well, think of it, those of us who don't know how to calculate those chances of missing with a 70~% Hit chances actually find it reliable. Which just explains why NM did the same as me.

I like how talking about Astrid's major nerf in RD led to Part 2 needing more chapters to how much Sothe contributes to low turn counts.

This was a weird string of events that has transpired.

This is Serenes Forest.

Um, yeah....I should apologize for derailing this from it's original purpose. I'm sorry, original poster. :(

AAAAND, I do agree that Part 1 should have been longer, like that Rout at 2-3 you suggested. I could also train Danved with that.

Um, yeah....I should apologize for derailing this from it's original purpose. I'm sorry, original poster. :(

AAAAND, I do agree that Part 1 should have been longer, like that Rout at 2-3 you suggested. I could also train Danved with that.

I'll forgive you if you feed every enemy to Lyre on 3-4 :3

lol its ok Soul ^_^ there is no reason for you to apologize.

They really screwed Astrid in FE10. She was really awesome back in FE9. Mine actually capped Str, Skill, and Speed, and turned out as the best unit in the entire game. I guess IS thought she was too good in FE9 so they made the situation much worse for her in FE10. She only gets one complete chapter of her own in Part 2, and shows up really late at Part 2 Endgame. Even with Elite, she just doesn't have enough time to catch up with the others. Geoffrey has Elite too so she's not surpassing him anytime soon. By the time she really gets the chance to battle properly, you would have had plenty of time to train Shinon (idk how good Rolf is), who gets a Crit boost and a range boost. And since Shinon will likely have a nice level advantage, I doubt anyone would pick Astrid instead.

I'd say her situation is even worse than the Dawn Brigade's. Except maybe Fiona's.