I am performing an AAAA ranked run log.

FionordeQuester

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should enemy animations be on or off?

• Off
    • On

I still need to know. Does anyone know which HP is used in that formula I listed? Is it the Attackers HP, or the Defenders?

自分の攻速-敵の攻速+自分のHP÷2

From Pegasus Knight.

Your own AS - Enemy AS + Your own HP/2

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see. That's exactly what I needed to know! Cool, then I'll be starting this up again!

So, if my understanding is correct, if, say, Midir has 80 HP, and 30 Speed with a Killer Bow weighing him down by 3 points of Speed, and his enemy has 0 Speed with an axe weighing him down by 18 Speed, then Midir would have an 85% chance of Charge activating for every hit he lands, right?

By the way Jaffar, I haven't seen you in a while. How's the Gamefaqs forums?

Edited by FionordeQuester

Alright guys, instead of writing this out, I'm recording this on Youtube, and commentating as I go along. Should be a lot more entertaining for you guys, huh?

Great! Live commentary and video is always better. I've been doing pretty well, but the GameFAQs FE forums are largely dead as far as serious discussion goes. Thankfully, Serenes doesn't seem to be going down that path, so I'm optimistic.

Ok guys, I've already recorded 4 turns of my run through of the Prolouge. RNG Manipulation is a big part of doing well due to this games stupid frozen RNG system, it's excessively nitpicky death system, and it's save system, so that's why I have to record one turn at a time.

Honestly, I just hate the way the game is set up that way.

Well, then tough luck for them, they shouldn't have allowed you to save at the beginning of every turn. Having checkpoints would've been far more reasonable.

And besides, the way their RNG is set up, you can abuse the utter living HELL out of this game if you know how. I think I'll give a little demonstration after the Prolouge.

If you want a hint as to how to do it, you can't do it anywhere in the Prolouge, or in Chapter 6.

Well, ok guys! I did it! I've got the whole entire map recorded! The Prolouge is now DONE!! The only thing I have left to do is to record the commentary, and this thing'll be uploaded straight to Youtube!

Oh yeah, and I beat the whole thing in 12 Turns. So now, I have these Turncounts and Levels left to go...

Turns: 387

Levels: 980

So, all in all, not a bad start I'd say.

I'm a little surprised that the saves you create on your own (ie: not the auto-saves) aren't able to get around this. And it's weird that the auto-saves can't either. But oh well. With nearly everyone on SF using an emulator and the patch to play this, asking for save state use to avoid sucking at the combat rank isn't really too much to ask.

Battle records always remember losses. It's like in the GBA games you can use battle records to check how many times people have died and forced a reset except that these count towards ranks.

Wow, I didn't realise that post was so ancient. Um, in any case, good luck with your AAA rank, I hear it's quite difficult in this game.

Edited by Anouleth

Battle records always remember losses. It's like in the GBA games you can use battle records to check how many times people have died and forced a reset except that these count towards ranks.

Wow, I didn't realise that post was so ancient. Um, in any case, good luck with your AAA rank, I hear it's quite difficult in this game.

It's probably harder than Thracia 776 just for the Tactics+EXP rank.

The Combat rank is just a "fuck you" added on.

Edited by Paperblade

Alright guys, here it is!! I've just uploaded all my videos! Here's the Prolouge, right in the flesh!! The forum isn't allowing me to post more than two videos at a time, so you'll have to copy and paste these links instead. Also, could you guys suggest some tags I could put in the tag descriptions, so that other Youtubers looking for an AAAA runthrough like I have can look for my videos?

Prolouge Part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWmFSnXfcWM

Prolouge Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK7Gg0kBHxs

Prolouge Part 3:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xyqXJdCBB8

Tell me what you think!

Your voice sounds kind of blockish.

The commentary on how you play through the map is very useful, but try to avoid any fillers like explaining game functions, we're more focused on the strategy of the map.

Other than that, this is pretty good and I'll watch through them.

What do you mean blockish?

EDIT: I just looked it up...gee, thanks <_<...

Lol, I'm just kidding. I know I'm not the greatest speaker in the world. That's just the way these things go :lol: !! Still, I'll try to work on that. Thanks for commenting!

Now guys, another practice I will institute is in this thread, I will ask for advice and strategies on how to approach the Chapters I'm about to play.

I don't believe I'll need that sort of help in Chapter 1, but, I'll probably need a little bit of it in Chapter 2. I'm just setting this up right now, so you guys will know. The main thing that's bugging me is, how am I going to distribute the Gold from all of those villages in Chapter 2. One of the most significant aspects of an AAAA Ranked Run is proper distribution of sources, and that's where I'm most scared of screwing up.

Actually, on second thought, I suppose I ought to discuss what I'm planning for Chapter 1. Basically, I plan on doing these things...

1) Sell Sigurd's Iron Lance and Steel Sword.

2) Have Alec buy the Steel Sword and Iron Lance Sigurd had.

3) Have Noish buy an Iron Lance and Slim Sword from the shop (Slim Sword is for further help in activating Charge).

4) Have Fin buy a Javelin.

5) Have Cuan give his Steel Lance to Fin as soon as he's done with it, and have Fin give Cuan his Iron Lance in return.

6) Have Ethlin rescue the village closest to the castle.

7) Have Noish get the Skill Ring that Gandalf has.

8) Have either Noish or Alec rescue the southwest village.

9) Have Sigurd get the Magic Ring, so that he can maybe use the Light Sword and try to build some kills on it (haven't decided whether or not I want to try to do that yet).

If you intend to A rank, I think you would be better off giving Sigurd and Fin Iron so that they don't ORKO, which lets you give EXP to units that actually struggle with combat or Move (the Cavs, Ardan, Azel)