ITT Inui Sadaharu

General Spoon

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the cause isn't the president

the cause of our current mess...can probably be linked mostly to Clinton, if you had to pick a president, or at least an administration/era/whatever

it started with the collapse of our housing market due to shitty loans...which the government sort of caused by "forcing" banks to give those loans

bubbles burst, and shit goes down

you should look up the other recessions and "panics" and stuff like that in history

you'll see it's...the same shit over and over

Edited by Inui

it started with the collapse of our housing market due to shitty loans...which the government sort of caused by "forcing" banks to give those loans

I see that you still have no idea what you're talking about. Economists the world over would laugh at your ridiculous oversimplification; that is, they'd laugh if there was one that cared.

This is what happens when people venture outside of their core competency.

nah man, the subprime mortgage shit is pretty much always stated as the start of our current economic situation

you should look at history

and then look at the history being made around you

oh shit I haven't posted for a while, well:

@Inui:

lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

nah man, the subprime mortgage shit is pretty much always stated as the start of our current economic situation

Yes, stated by idiots who don't fully understand what they are talking about; certainly not by credible macro-economists. Barney Frank, Community Reinvestment Act, Fannie/Freddie, etc, I've heard it a million times.

This is, I guess, how the Republican party so successfully manages to get people to vote against their own interests. There's a non-stop parade of ignoramuses looking for some plausible-sounding excuse to scapegoat something that they don't like.

How about you tell me why it happened instead of insulting me and others? That would be a bit more productive, and I'm open to education. I've been studying a lot of history and politics lately and would love to know more. If I'm wrong about this, then show me what's right so I can stop being wrong.

I've recently become nicer and more humble, but I'm sometimes a sensitive little girl, and I've come to terms with the feminine parts of myself instead of suppressing them all the time

gaaaaaaaaaay

oh, and good luck if you plan to try New Mystery on Lunatic. You'll need it!

Edited by Mr. Know-it-all-Anouleth

How about you tell me why it happened instead of insulting me and others?

It is hardly worth my time. The financial crisis has a thousand fathers, and it's complex. That is the point: you can't distill it into a sound-bite, no matter how convenient that would be. Subprime was a domino, sure, but if that's all there was to it we never would have had a crisis in the first place.

It's arguable whether GWB had overmuch to with it -- though his disdain for regulation certainly did not help -- but he definitely left us unable to cope properly with its repercussions. I'll give him credit for signing TARP into law, but only a little bit, since he was staring into the abyss and had nothing left to lose anyway.

That would be a bit more productive, and I'm open to education. I've been studying a lot of history and politics lately and would love to know more. If I'm wrong about this, then show me what's right so I can stop being wrong.

It would take a lot more firepower and patience than I possess, into order to penetrate the Reality Distortion Field of a doctrinaire conservative. There really is no easy way to approach an argument where the other person believes in myths.

Oh well.

If you are actually interested in the subject -- as opposed to just feigning it for the appearance of open-mindedness -- I'd suggest that you start reading the writings of the enemy: liberal economists like Krugman and DeLong. You know, those people who didn't forget the lessons of the Great Depression, and thus have something useful to say about our current state of affairs (both causes of, and solutions to).