Tales of the Abyss Mafia

Jaybee

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering why you decided to kill Luke... It wasn't like he was doing anything.

I wasn't expecting fake!cop to cast me to Kimlasca convincingly, and I couldn't really come up with an effective counter to that at the time, so I just rolled with it. It really put a wrench in my plan about trying to get another Daath member killed.

I wasn't expecting fake!cop to cast me to Kimlasca convincingly, and I couldn't really come up with an effective counter to that at the time, so I just rolled with it. It really put a wrench in my plan about trying to get another Daath member killed.

Yeah... sorry about that. I kind of feel like nothing more than a tool for Guy now...

;/ Don't feel bad bro, you only had the one inactive team mate!

Also here's what happened from my perspective; JB posted that we could choose from the 3 to recruit on Night 1. The night was almost over and I had seen NO discussion in the board about who to recruit, so I PM'd him. I said "In case I have a say in this, I think we should recruit Regret (I call Legretta Regret) and Dist" (I chose them because I felt from what I had seen of Mieu's posts that he would be too talkative for our own good). Then, the next day. I saw in the Malkuth board that the Malkuth leader was upset with Jade for not recruiting anyone, but didn't see any similar message in the Daath board. So I assumed we had successfully recruited Dist and Regret. However with them not attempting to communicate with anyone and me being the cautious player I was, I didn't attempt to speak to them. Later I found out that we hadn't actually recruited anyone because only Ion was in charge of recruitment, and SlayerX had not yet become Ion to actually get anything done.

Incidentally I feel like this might have helped with convincing Snike to re-think whether he had been recruited by Daath or not.

Also, Legretta was not recruited by Daath. She was unrecruited, and JB told me that as the sole unrecruited player, she had the opportunity to choose which faction to side with, though of course she had no visibility of the factions since she was unrecruited and therefore could not make a good decision (or at least, I would say her choice of Daath was a poor decision).

I still believe that a Double-Voter in a multi-faction game this small is being underestimated, especially since JB thought Daath also needed to start out with an additional member (a Nexus, no less) to compensate.

This is absolutely correct.

Mayor is near invaluable in a multifaction game (and to a lesser extent, also a 2v1 game). The only roles that are better than it (in my opinion) are Persuader and Kidnapper (you guys call it Jailer). That's it.

Also, Kidnapper was broken in this game. Should have had the lowest priority. I mean, look at what it does. It's a hooker and a silencer rolled up into a single role. That's nuts.

This is absolutely correct.

Mayor is near invaluable in a multifaction game (and to a lesser extent, also a 2v1 game). The only roles that are better than it (in my opinion) are Persuader and Kidnapper (you guys call it Jailer). That's it.

Also, Kidnapper was broken in this game. Should have had the lowest priority. I mean, look at what it does. It's a hooker and a silencer rolled up into a single role. That's nuts.

The Pilot had the potential to be broken as well; if they had someone in each faction to tell them who they were voting to use their Night Kill on, they could essentially choose who dies each night. ...If our abilities worked on killing actions at all (although Eclipse is probably right that we simply switched each of our targets, instead of switching our targets with each other. That should have been more clear) .

You'd be able to swap the SK's target and the faction kills. Alas, Guy was so bloody fast that your target would be dead before the swap took place.

In terms of phase immunity, I think Mieu got the short end of the stick.

... Psych, that made no fucking sense whatsoever. You were recruited N1. You posted in Kimlasca's D2 topic. And then you just said "I was unrecruited until Day 3"

what

Yeah seriously.

also

(3:10:36 PM) Alex: did I tell you

(3:10:37 PM) Alex: about how

(3:10:41 PM) Alex: I won the mafia game

(3:10:46 PM) Alex: with eclipse

(3:10:49 PM) Alex: we were the only players left

(3:10:53 PM) Alex: we won together~

(3:10:56 PM) Alex: it was super romantic