Kingmaker Mafia

WeaponsofMassConstruction

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four seems appropiate for mafia in general, but I think in this case where the town is at a disadvantage compared to regular mafia (because they cannot always make use of their kill), 3 is more likely. Otherwise, it would be too unbalanced in favour of the mafia. Consider the 1/3 chance of Mafia King on Night 1. This automatically leads to a 1/3 chance of a Mafia King on Night 2, even if the Kingmaker immediately switches King in response to a innocent being lynched. So even with optimum play from the Kingmaker, there is still a 1/9 chance of almost automatic failure, and this isn't considering possibilities like a town King getting killed by the Hero, or a town king accidentally targeting town (at least half of the time with the drastic lack of information).

I claim that I do indeed have one of those roles in the OP.

Just in case anyone was skeptical. Or something like that.

Yes, I have a role in the OP too. Everyone does.

I... think the Kingmaker should claim. If there's a counterclaim, each says who they will make king, then they make said person king, and hence the kingmaker is proven. Then they lynch the other one. Of course, this means that since a kingmaker counterclaim is instant suicide, it's a safe role to claim. Which means we get one automatic clear. And if the mafia kills them, then another villager becomes kingmaker, hence there's still a clear. So there's no incentive for the mafia to kill the kingmaker.

Bam, one free clear right from the start.

Am I missing something with this?

I... think the Kingmaker should claim. If there's a counterclaim, each says who they will make king, then they make said person king, and hence the kingmaker is proven. Then they lynch the other one. Of course, this means that since a kingmaker counterclaim is instant suicide, it's a safe role to claim. Which means we get one automatic clear. And if the mafia kills them, then another villager becomes kingmaker, hence there's still a clear. So there's no incentive for the mafia to kill the kingmaker.

Bam, one free clear right from the start.

Am I missing something with this?

The rules specifically forbid the kingmaker from claiming publicly.

Out of curiosity, is Outside Contact permitted? I ask because the phrasing of 'claiming publicly' implies that it's possible to claim privately.

And I would like to add that I won't be around for the next two days. sry

Edited by Mr. Know-it-all-Anouleth

nvm... you answered your question... anyways i tthink there is no king, since there was no night for the kingmaker to choose as far as i know

:facepalm:

Every single time you post, my IQ drops by 30 points. Spare my sanity and STOP SAYING SHIT FOR THE SAKE OF POSTING.

There HAS to be a King. He's the only guy who can vote.

PS: I'm not playing but this is a typical comment from the village idiot, so to speak.

There HAS to? really now? then why haven't they come forth? they loose nothing from claiming. A cc can easily be dismissed if they just counter vote proving the real king and most likely killing a mafia. Plus if they don't vote they'll be auto killed.

Also, the Kingmaker chooses a king at night. since there was no night i just thought there might not be a king since there is nothing in the rules saying that there will be a king at the first day start and WOMC hasn't clarified the point for us.

:facepalm: Well, Kingmaker can't claim. Which is a shame. And I think claim <=> publicly claim in this case but I might be wrong.

It's pretty hard to know what to do here, even more than normal. It's exactly the same case of 'let's find suspicious people' as normal mafia, but without the ability to vote, which actually makes it feel like we're just chickens in a pie, sitting around more or less waiting to be called to the gallows.

Meh.

In the interest of stimulating discussion: I am the King for today, and I need someone to lynch because I'm not going to roll over and die since I know I'm innocent.

I could just lynch an inactive Townie, but that doesn't give us a lot of info. And no one has seemed particularly scummy (is that a word?) yet...

In the interest of stimulating discussion: I am the King for today, and I need someone to lynch because I'm not going to roll over and die since I know I'm innocent.

I could just lynch an inactive Townie, but that doesn't give us a lot of info. And no one has seemed particularly scummy (is that a word?) yet...

Well if you were the king, I would say lynch whoever you feel you should lynch.

There really isn't anything to discuss yet.