Best/Worst in the Series: Round 68

NinjaMonkey

Isn't "roflstomping Loputousu" a punitive effect of Narga? *shot*

I think the rest of your post is pretty interesting, though. Shamans could make sense with Anima magic, but considering Mages are good enough, I like them as Dark mages; they'd just need to change the origin of Dark magic. Plus it's better than Dark Mages/Sorcerers, which were created solely to give access to magic for the male characters that use the Set B of reclassing. I actually think Dark magic was at its best in FE4/5 where they were a evil religion, with evil Bishops and whatnot, but I guess we can't have those in every FE.

And I agree about Nosferatu being a bad name for a Light tome. I still think I like it more than Resire, though.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best: Cougar. Why is this not getting more votes. I also like Kilroy, Valfleche, and Gigascalibur.

Worst: Heanius. I just don't like it.

lol, I forgot Kilroy. Really ironic considering he's a priest, and a very calm and restrained one at that.

And I agree about Nosferatu being a bad name for a Light tome. I still think I like it more than Resire, though.

Can't really blame them though. At the time they localised FE7, it was a Dark tome, and Nosferatu is a pretty good name for a life-stealing Dark tome. They probably had no idea of Rezire's history, or that it would return as a Light tome.

I think the rest of your post is pretty interesting, though. Shamans could make sense with Anima magic, but considering Mages are good enough, I like them as Dark mages; they'd just need to change the origin of Dark magic. Plus it's better than Dark Mages/Sorcerers, which were created solely to give access to magic for the male characters that use the Set B of reclassing. I actually think Dark magic was at its best in FE4/5 where they were a evil religion, with evil Bishops and whatnot, but I guess we can't have those in every FE.

As a fan of dark magic and its users I have thought a lot about names and the sense of identity they give. I agree that Dark Mage is an awful name for a class because it sounds like a cheap copy of the Mage class (even if it isn't). After some deliberation I think Warlock -> Sorcerer are good names for dark magic users because they give a sense of scholarly magic users, which is generally how it is in FE, and doesn't imply anything about dark magic other than it's powerful (which is confirmed) and perhaps that it's a serious undertaking (it is hard to learn and use).

Hmm, I guess I should say something on topic.

Best: Chap, purely for its novelty value. Honorable mention to Kilroy

Worst: Xyst

Edited by Byte2222

Gothic Horror. Pink ponies going "Let's comb our manes in front of the vampire!"

NO.

DIE.

Last time I heard, vampires drink human blood. Besides it's better than My Little Pony in a normal setting...

Many vampire books/movies/tv shows have them able to drink a lot of different types of blood. They just tend to like going after humans regardless.

Last I heard, vampires also burn in sunlight, along with drink blood.

Last I heard, vampires also burn in sunlight, along with drink blood.

The cool ones burn.

Certain other ones (that I'll refrain from giving an adjective) sparkle.

And then there are some that just need to wear sunglasses and they are fine.