anime review ideas

aizengard

hmmmmm i thought about that its just i cant think of anything.

i thought about Sengoku Basara samurai kings or Shiki. i just wanted to know what anyone else thought.

oh and i dont care what it is as long as its not hentai.

.... XD *Lmao^

I'm not sure whether I should be worried you know what that is, or if I should be worried I know what it is. Though fortunately for me, the worst I've been hit with is a trailer.

I have 10 rewatches of this on my MAL account. :awesome:

Review Bleach. It gets so bad it's surreal.

Bleach is awesome. Allow me to show you photos of Bleach's amazing staff!

A Bleach writer hard at work: 442.jpg

A Bleach writer on his way to work: 459.jpg

Bleach's creator: 71.png

Then comes the reactions of "fans" like us after reading the latest chapter or watching the latest episode: 472.gif

Edited by Inui

Review something you haven't seen before and is perhaps outside of your comfort zone? Seems a bit of a waste to write a review on something that you have already seen and digested some time ago. If you pick something new then you as a reviewer are in the position of writing about the experience of seeing something for the first time and therefore the result isn’t pre-determined in your mind.

Let’s face it; if you write a review about your favourite show then the review can stop being objective and starts being a piece of advertising. You like this show and you want others to see and experience how good it is as well. If you write a review about a show you have to watch first that you haven’t seen then you look at it more objectively. You also have the added benefit of seeing something new, sometimes the new is bad but other times you find an absolute gem.

Also decide before hand to watch a set number of episodes and write the review based on that, this way you don’t need to sit through alot of episodes for a show you might not end up liking. It also makes it possible to reviews an anime like Bleach or Naruto without feeling like you need to watch all 200+ episodes. For me if a show hasn't hooked me in the first 6 episodes (roughly 2 hours of the show back to back) then i won’t be watching the rest of the series. Similarly i feel the first 6 episodes give the show time to develop a bit, although in many cases a good anime pulls you really early (Naruto did this for me, as did Cowboy Bebop).

That’s just what I’d do anyway.

EDIT:: Also don’t be afraid to write a bad review. If something isn’t very good then there’s nothing wrong with saying so even if you know there are people out there that will disagree. In fact your role as a reviewer is to explain why something is not well done and to raise reasonable and justifiable criticism where appropriate. GOOD LUCK!!

Edited by merric

• 4 weeks later...