FE8's Official Art

nacho

Hey guys,

Have you ever looked at the official art for FE8 and thought it looked bad in comparison to the art of FE7 (Blazing Sword)?

My favorite thing about FE is the beautiful art, since it helps us visualize the characters.

I think we can all agree that there wasn't enough artwork for FE8. On top of that, I'm not quite satisfied with the quality. I do admit that I'm being nitpicky...

But I can prove it to you!

Here's Nergal:

nergal.jpg

The shading in the cloak is very even and well blended, giving it some texture and depth.

Ewan:

ewan.jpg

Maybe it's the medium the artist used, but his cloak looks fake. Ewan also has this annoying, thick black outline that contributes to the cartoony look.

What do you think?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that the quality of the official art produced for Sacred Stones is necessarily reduced, but I do personally sympathize with your preference of Fire Emblem 7's art. The style used for Fire Emblem 7's artwork is relatively realistic in comparison to that of Sacred Stone's art which I find more appealing. I do, however, like the use of color in the art for Eirika and Saleh.

I don't think that the quality of the official art produced for Sacred Stones is necessarily reduced, but I do personally sympathize with your preference of Fire Emblem 7's art. The style used for Fire Emblem 7's artwork is relatively realistic in comparison to that of Sacred Stone's art which I find more appealing. I do, however, like the use of color in the art for Eirika and Saleh.

Well if the past is anything of an example, they tend to change artwork styles for every game system generation, if you take and compare the older games artwork to the newer ones.

I don't complain simply because I can't draw that well.

But then again, I try to be an artist, so I wouldn't like it if people who drew worse than me made fun of me. As long as they can't draw or are better than me, it's ok though.

Oh, and I like big thick black outlines for no apparent reason.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
FE8 art is just a diffferent style from FE7 art. And yes, FE8 does need more art. Although you probably won't get any until it's remade/theres a sequel. And that could be decades...

i cant wait that long... i just wish they had it, oh well, I guess if one of the games couldnt have art, this is the best one cuz it has the fewest charaters

• 1 month later...

I thought it was an April Fool's prank at first so I didn't even click it, but I decided to check to be positive and I was happy. Natasha is there! Time for the valkyries to return to my sig. Lord Brother, your little sister needs your assistance in making a new sig pic, if you would be so kind. I'll pm you with the request.

Am I the only one who didn't think it was a prank? Or did Vincent intend to fool people? Making them think it was a prank when it wasn't and thus, they wouldn't click on the link. Maybe I'm just overthinking things...