Tales of Xillia

Cybuster

http://www.the-magicbox.com/1012/game101214a.shtml

Namco Bandai is all set to unveil the new PlayStation 3 Tales game later today, but Weekly Jump has the scoop. As many have speculated based off trademark filings, the new game is "Tales of Xillia," and it's set for release in 2011.

The big feature for Xillia is that it has two main characters, a first for the series. The male main character is Shuto Matis (voiced by Tsubasa Yonaga). The female main character is Mira Maxwell (voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro).

Only a few details on these characters are revealed in the magazine. Shuto attends a medical school in the royal city and is an excellent student who gets things done. Mira is a master of spirits which control the four elements (earth, water, fire and wind).

These two characters were designed by two different veteran Tales series character designers. Shuto comes from Kosuke Fujishima. Mira comes from Mutsumi Inomata.

Also of note in Jump's first look is word that the game's theme song will be performed by Ayumi Hamasaki.

The new game was first announced back in August as just "Next Tales of." Namco Bandai currently has a countdown running for the game's full unveil. This will reach zero later today.

Prior to the Jump reveal, our only look at the game game through some concept art, which you can see below. The Tales team also shared some details in an August interview.

http://tox.namco-ch.net/

Edited by Organization # XIII Roxas

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little known fact, "Xillia" is latin for "Japan only"

9/10

For humor and truthiness.

Also still no Vesperia PS3 OR Grace OR Radiant Mythology...I'm convinced they hate making money.

But enough of my butt hurt shenanigans! The trailer looks nice, and the girl looks pretty cool. Nice to see a barefisted main character so Senel isn't alone.

Edited by Mary Sue

New info from Famitsu

Translations from Abyssal Chronicles

*Liese Maxia - The world where Tales of Xillia's story takes place, a world where humans and monsters coexist with spirits. The spirits are known to support the human civilization, and some are able to even see them if they somehow manage to obtain a solid form.

*Spirit Arts - People in this world have the ability to utilize mana through spirit power (which they are calling "Gate" here). It's a rather common thing in the world, and is used to light houses or power ships and such.

*Spirit Maxwell - The Elemental Spirit or Master of Spirits, Maxwell, is said to watch over the coexistence of humans and spirits in this world. The truth about its true identity is a mystery, however.

*Great Country La Shugall (romanization unofficial, romaji is Ra Shugaru) - One of the great countries vying for supremacy within Liese Maxia. It is a historical country currently engaging in research regarding the spirits. Its king city, Il Fan (il fan, the city of the night) is the world's largest metropolis, erected with dazzling buildings and the people are allowed free use of Spirit Arts. In recent years, the strength of the dictatorship from a foreign invasion has been increasing, having become aristocratic representatives by title. (unsure of the translation, it was a bit hard to make out)

*Developing Country A Jule (romanization unofficial, romaji is A Juuru) - Since its founding, it has been known as a small country with a charisma of a small population in some frontier northward. Its means of livelihood is controlling monsters and is also being used by its military, giving it a somewhat peculiar culture.

Next up is some information about the two main characters, Jude and Mira:

Character Information:

---- Jude Mathis (VA: Yonaga Tsubasa, Chara Designer: Kosuke Fujishima)

-- Of his own volition, he left his hometown and is now training in a hospital at the metropolis Il Fan. He is usually a calm and composed boy, but may tend to be suddenly impulsive at times. He usually finds himself in little disputes due to his somewhat meddlesome behavior.

-- One day, a number of people are sent to the hospital due to a backfiring of a Spirit Arts. Upon doing an investigation on what may have caused the failure at a military laboratory, he meets Mira. He feels great adoration for Mira, who seems to have some sort of special mission, so he believes he can be of use to her.

---- Mira Maxwell (VA: Sawashiro Miyuki, Chara Designer: Mutsumi Inomata)

-- She is able to summon all four spirits, and actually claims to be the Maxwell. She claims to have been enshrined in the mountains, but has come to the military lab upon sensing the annihilation of large numbers of spirits.

-- When it comes to fulfilling her duty of watching over the world, she shows no hesitation and is disgusted by those with no sense of responsibility. Though being someone of the spirits' intellect, she has no idea how to live as a human, making her quite interested in matters about humans and its civilization. In fact, she feels no hunger because mana is basically her energy source. Normally though, she is an honest person and a natural airhead.

Lastly, we have a little bit of information about the game's battle system:

Battle System:

* Technical Points (TP) - Will be used in the game.

* Assault Counter (AC) - This newly introduced system is used up during performing normal attacks. Your attacks will remain connected as long as your AP isn't 0. It's kind of similar to CC, in a way, though attacks will only consume 1 AP. In example, having 10 AP can have you performing 10 consecutive attacks.

Other Information:

* Game is 60% complete.

* Aside from the opening, ufotable will also be in charge of around 30 minutes worth of anime scenes.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Considering the Tales Studio is apparently on its last leg, I could very well see this being their last set of games. TotW:RM 3, TotA 3DS and ToX, and none of them are gonna be translated =\

They have to localize it. I haven't played a new Tales game in so long. It's their anniversary and their first mothership that starts out on the PS3. I don't care if Graces was the first mothership for the Wii. No one cares about the Wii anymore. IF THEY DO NOT LOCALIZE THIS, I AM JUMPING OFF THE BRIDGE.

Edited by Fireman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Full color scan

http://img602.imageshack.us/img602/6353/seetalesofxilliasleiain.jpg

|| Leia Roland (name spelling still unofficial)

- Height: 158cm

- VA: Saori Hayami

- "I'm already a good nurse, aren't I?"

- Info: A bright, cheerful girl and Jude's childhood friend. Her family runs an inn, and she is the inn's poster girl. She is a nurse apprentice at the clinic owned by Jude's family. Though she is one who is considerate of her companions, she has a tendency to worry too much. Though she gets heated during games of chance, she values exerting great effort more than actually gaining victory.

- Battle: Leia's special ability is Rod/Staff Expansion. She is able to extend the length of her rod/staff for a certain period of time, making her weapon's reach extend. Leveling her up increases the time her staff can keep its extended state. She can also Back Step.

- Story: Due to various circumstances, Jude is driven out of the capital along with Milla and Alvin. They arrive at his hometown, Lu Rondo (ru rondo), where Jude sees his childhood friend Leia once again. Lu Rondo is a refreshing town rich in greenery with a bright moon floating in its skies. In it, Jude's family runs the one and only medical clinic in town. The town is in need of a special ore that can cure a particular sickness, so Leia joins them to the mines in search of it.

Edited by Asakim Bass Dowin GS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm assuming it's not just me, but it's kind of amusing that the characters look better in-game than in their art (not that the art is bad, although Elise's art in particular looks pretty weird).

Anyway, Elise looks cute and, dare I say, surprisingly well-clothed for a 12 year old RPG female. Well, I guess they had to even things out after Milla and, to an extent, Leia...

I'm assuming it's not just me, but it's kind of amusing that the characters look better in-game than in their art (not that the art is bad, although Elise's art in particular looks pretty weird).

This goes for Tales games in general, the style just doesn't fit the games very well.

• 2 weeks later...