Which HM is better?

Nic

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which HM is better to do a first try?

• Hector - FE7
    • Eliwood - FE7
    • Roy - FE6

I already finished HNM and FE6 NM, im quite glad about completed them, be cause it wasnt easy for me.

Now, the big question is in a poll, I want to know what game is the best to try for first time.

I look up to S Rank Tier Lists and Efficency, but im will not do any of them, and that is why Im doing this topic, I dont have any idea if some of the characters I already used are good in the Hard Mode.

You can help me with the poll, and if you also want, tell me something about units, chapters, anything can help me a lot.

And that is all.

FE6 should be last.

A lot of characters can't hit, and you don't even have an Oifey.

And Eli's route is easier than Hectors.

FE6 HM, because it actually lives up to what's it's supposed to be. A Hard Mode. HHM is next, the difficulty is nice.

For someone who's only played NM to this point, no. FE6 HM is more frustrating than actually difficult. EHM is a good stepping stone and gets my vote.

For someone who's only played NM to this point, no. FE6 HM is more frustrating than actually difficult. EHM is a good stepping stone and gets my vote.

I would only recommend FE6 HM if he's using savestates... which since FE6 was never released in english, I assume he is.

I would only recommend FE6 HM if he's using savestates... which since FE6 was never released in english, I assume he is.

FE6 NM was a bit frustrating, and about the savestates, I used them in NM be cause it was also the first time I played it to the end (I usually played it until some gaiden chapter).

Looking the replys and the poll, im thinking that its more useful EHM to learn more about the game and strategies, and then play HHM.

Edited by Nico~

FE6 can indeed be frustrating due to poor Hit rates, yes. And I admit, I ocassionally use Savestates so as to not miss at the highest Hit rates. But even without Savestates, I think I could do it, with a few thousand resets. :)

FE7 HHM has one of the bests difficulties.

HHM has a few very annoying chapters, however.

That chapter with Ursula and Zephiel.

Friggin Zephiel gets himself killed all the time.

I thought Narga's message, "Do not blame the game for your own incompetence" has reached us all. Apparently it didn't. But gods aren't perfect~

HHM has a few very annoying chapters, however.

That chapter with Ursula and Zephiel.

Friggin Zephiel gets himself killed all the time.

I thought Narga's message, "Do not blame the game for your own incompetence" has reached us all. Apparently it didn't. But gods aren't perfect~

Actually, some complaints for that map are quite legitimate. I've been the victim of Jaffar dying before my three fliers and Priscilla could reach him. Zephiel isn't as luck-based, but if you don't go really fast you could easily lose him.

I voted FE6 HM (since I actually found it less frustrating than I often find HHM, oddly enough), but really I would just say anything but EHM. EHM is mostly just "you deploy less people" and that's about it, it's not what I would consider a "real" hard mode experience.

So, yea, I would just recommend doing either HHM or FE6 HM, either is really fine. Though apparently a lot of people disagree.

I voted FE6 HM (since I actually found it less frustrating than I often find HHM, oddly enough), but really I would just say anything but EHM. EHM is mostly just "you deploy less people" and that's about it, it's not what I would consider a "real" hard mode experience.

And more enemies. And experience cut.

To people who don't agree with EHM: Think about your first time venturing from NM to any HM. Is going all the way really the best idea? EHM is, in my irrefutable opinion, the best stepping stone into FE Hard modes.

I was kidding by the way, Lumi~~~~

But it isn't really hard to keep young Zephiel alive. He would usually hide at pillars, right? Now, Jaffar...

Oh, I also changed my vote to EHM because I didn't read the poll's question before voting. FE6 HM is just nowhere close to begginer level. No. Of course experts like Dondon, who happened to play these games alot, would vote for that.

with using tutorials: FE6 (if you do each gaiden chapter, your characters will be strong enough, if you don't use too many (like only 6 + all healers and Marcus until unneeded))

if not: EHM

HHM took me like forever to finish, don't play it, it's frustrating!

I was kidding by the way, Lumi~~~~

But it isn't really hard to keep young Zephiel alive. He would usually hide at pillars, right? Now, Jaffar...

Oh, I also changed my vote to EHM because I didn't read the poll's question before voting. FE6 HM is just nowhere close to begginer level. No. Of course experts like Dondon, who happened to play these games alot, would vote for that.

Mercs. They double and cleanly ORKO Zephy. And me, being not particularly good at being efficient even with Prissy rescue dropping people...

I also felt that FE6HM wasn't as annoying as HHM. The beginning chapters when your only good damage dealers are Marcus and Dieck took a while to get through, but after a while, it actually felt easier.

I also felt that FE6HM wasn't as annoying as HHM. The beginning chapters when your only good damage dealers are Marcus and Dieck took a while to get through, but after a while, it actually felt easier.

Seriously? The only significant thing I can think of to make HHM worse is that it has more enemies (I think). On the other hand, FE6 enemies are stronger (especially with that HP and existent Luck), Hit rates are in the shitter, enemy reinforcements come at the start of enemy phase instead of the end, and you can't use or sell items in preparations. Maps are also bigger. I guess if you use save states on FE6 and not 7 that would make a difference, but otherwise...

Edited by Sadistic Fox

Then again, I'm not much of an efficient player. I'll get around to do an effciency run sometimes, but I go at a slower pace generally. So I guess it's because I had time to do DieckxRutgerxClarine, lol.

From an effcient point of view, I guess FE6HM is worse than HHM, but I don't think a first timer will be going for efficiency or anything resembling lowest turn counts.

Actually, some complaints for that map are quite legitimate. I've been the victim of Jaffar dying before my three fliers and Priscilla could reach him. Zephiel isn't as luck-based, but if you don't go really fast you could easily lose him.

Yeah, if Jaffar somehow loses not enough HP to make him use an Elixir, he can die pretty easily. Also, if he loses HP too quickly, he won't be able to draw out all of the Swordreaver fighters and one of them could make his way up to Zephiel. Design-wise, that's honestly kind of a poor map.

What the heck, dude. I didn't even vote in the poll, and nowhere did I suggest that the topic creator play FE6 HM. Maybe I wasn't implying hard enough that FE6 HM is legitimately difficult and shouldn't be attempted by players with little previous experience.