[FE10] draft playthru!

Fenrir

same rules as last one i won't go into detail on that.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=24029

other than that first 8 to post get in if they dont want it.

- No transfers or battle save abuse.

- The only characters you can deploy are those you drafted, or those who are needed to recruit another character(can be any character). Also as always the recruiter characters can't fight or heal unless you want to take a penalty. Forced units that you did not choose must not be used at all. NO ferrying, shoving, visiting houses, getting items off the ground, meatshielding.

- Certain chapters where you do not have a character, you pay a penalty for using a character that you do not have. The turn penalty is below.

- BK is fair game in all chapters were he is forced(1-9 and 3-6).

- You can move skills around freely.

- Bexp use is allowed.

Lords and drafted Characters

During this draft, each participant (the order is predetermined but randomly decided) will be allowed to choose a single character per round out of the list to use during this play through, excluding the lords which everyone can use, and no one else may use them unless they pay a penalty based on their placement on the tier list. As each round progresses, the number of units remaining will decrease so make sure to grab any units you'll be wanting to use early because they are likely to be gone fairly quick.

What can't a non lord/non selected forced unit do, without incurring a penalty?

1. Engage in combat. So either keep them out of the enemies range or you will take a penalty. This includes meatshielding

2. Steal or find hidden items.

3. Heal units

4. Create supports

5. Shove

6. Ferry units

7. Visit houses

Forced Character Penalties

1-P: Edward(3) Leo(2)

1-1: Edward/Nolan (3) Leo(2)

1-2: Edward/Nolan/Laura (3 ) Leo(2 )

1-3: Edward/Nolan/Laura/Illyana (3) Leo/Aran(2)

1-4: None*

1-5: Volug(5) it's a defend map so don't let him attack

1-6-1: Tauroneo(6) Volug(4)

1-6-2: Same as above^

1-7: Volug/Muarim/Tormod(4) Vika(3)

1-8: Nailah/Rafiel(6), Tormod/Maurim/Volug(4) Vika(3)

1-9: None*

1-E: Volug (4)

2-P : 3 for everyone, one non drafted character may be used free of penalty

2-1 : Neph/Brom(3)

2-2 : Lucia/Mordy(4) The rest(3 each)

2-3 : Kieran/Geoffrey(3)

2-E : Elincia(5) Marcia/CRK(3)

3-P : Gatrie/Titania(5) Shinon/Oscar//Boyd/Mia(4) Rhys/Mist/Soren/Rolf(3)

3-1 : Gatrie/Titania(5) Shinon/Oscar//Boyd/Mia(4) Rhys/Mist/Soren/Rolf(3)

3-2 : None*

3-3 : None* You can deploy one undrafted 6 move unit to 3-3 without penalty.

3-4 : Ranulf(4)

3-5 : None*

3-6 : None*

3-7 : Ranulf/Zihark/Jill/Janaff/Ulki(4)

3-8 : Ranulf(4)

3-9 : Geoffrey(3)

3-10 : Ranulf(4)

3-11 : Leanne(5) Ranulf(4) Sigurn/Tanith(3)

3-12 : Tauroneo (6)

3-13 : Same as 3-12

3-E : Ranulf/Sigurn/Jill/Zihark(3)

4-P : Skrimir /Naesala(5) Sigurn/Sanaki(3)

4-1 : None*

4-2 : Tibarn (7) Elincia (4)

4-3 : Skrimir(5) Sigurn/Sanaki/Stefan(3)

4-4 : Muarim/Tormod/Vika(3)

4-5 : Tibarn (7) Elincia (4)

* The chapters with no penalties do NOT mean you can use anybody in that chapter. They just mean that no one besides Ike/Micaiah/Sothe are forced, and therefore the only people in play should be them and the people you drafted.

available characters...

Top (4)

High

Upper Middle

Middle

Lower Middle

Low

Renning

Bottom

Oliver

Teams/Players

Lilmik11:

Haar,Meg,Leo,Makalov,Boyd,Rolf,Ranulf,Bastian,Fiona

Fenrir:

Chuck,Miaaaa,shinnon,Brom,Naesala,Black Knight,Kyza,Ena,Kurthnaga

Nflchamp:

jill,neph,Marcia,Oscar,Muarim,Janaff,Lucia,Stefan

Soul

Ed,Nailah,Heather,sanaki,Tanith,Sigrun,Danved,Lyre

SlayerX:

Aran,rafiel,Gatrie,Ulki,Soren,Nasir,Skrimir,Nealuchi

Psych:

Volug,Ilyana,Elincia,Kieran,Leanne,Rhys,Lethe,Astrid

Integrity:

Laura,Titania,mordy,Tibarn,Cain,Geoffrey,Gareth,Vika

Soren37:

Zihark,Reyson,Mist,Callil,Tauroneo,Giffca,Tormod,Volke

Edited by Fenrir

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Soul's not-so-secret Index of turncounts and progress through Fenrir's FE10 Drafting tournament. Here, of course, you will find links to the chapters I go through, along with some commentaries. :awesome:

Meow:

1-P - 1-E

2-P - 2-E

3-P - 3-3

3-4 - 3-E

4-P - 4-E-5

RECAP

Drafting status: Complete.

How I began here

After finishing my FE10 Casual Effeciency playthrough log, I felt the urge for more of this game. I just couldn't get enough. So I decided to go through FE9 again, get some transfers, and use it on characters for a FE10 Normal Mode runthrough. It was a little boring to me, and I only got to 1-2...

But then, I comeback to SF one day later, and notice that Fenrir's alternative account, effYou, has been banned. I asked myself..."What's going on?". Because, all I've seen of his traces were a few posts consisting in low quality trolling. Fenrir has told he couldn't access his former account, for some reason, for a month now. So he decided, as a payback, thinking he got banned, that a good solution would be to start trolling people. Then I made a topic that was basically a voice of complaint, asking why he got banned in the first place. Narga told me that he had only suspended him for a week or two, but after that, Fenrir could supposedly log in normally. So he messaged me, and we disscussed a little about Fenrir's little misunderstanding, and that he should be unbanned because of it. So after a little bit of talking, it seems my defence towards him actually did well. I found Fenrir was able to post again- And it was, very minutes later, that he made this very same topic. I, without questioning myself, automatically joined in this Drafting tournament!

"Never start the playthrough until all characters have been drafted"

A lesson thought to me by Integrity, an amazing Drafter, my Drafting buddy, whom I happened to meet at 3 Drafting tourneys now, with this one.

It happened so, that out of pure anxiety and confidence, I began playing Part 1, up to even beating it, once I drafted Edward. But he, along with Micaiah and Sothe, was all I needed. Then 1-8 arrived, and I realized, I didn't want to take a 6-turn penalty for using a character (Nailah) that was basically necesary. So I used her there, and then got my chance to draft her. A very lucky move there, considering a drafter that came after me was about to do it. After that, I just sweeped through 1-E, full force, with Eddie and Nailah.

Then Part 2 arrive. I, so naively went and solo'd 2-P with Nealuchi, getting him a full level up, which had him proc Str/Spd/Luck/Res. And after that, I was so tempted to use him throughout Part 2, and beyond that, hopefully awaiting for my time to draft him. I got him really far...up to lvl 30, and I includingly 5-turned 2-E with him, got the Energy Drop, and S-ranked his strike. It was amazing, and was really confident I would be able to draft him. I can't believe, that the next day, me and the other Drafters would be awaiting SlayerX's return, so he could pick a character...and he picked...what was supposedly my only hope of saving 5 turns during Part 2...Nealuchi.

Integrity, the spirit of Drafting

After Nealuchi has been chosen, I entered to what seemed to be a perpetual mental breakdown. I made such a drama because of my disillusion. I thought I would've been able to get him. But no. SlayerX had to go and get him. But I didn't give up just yet. I PM'd him. I told him I couldn't give up just yet, so he offered a trade. Nailah for Neal, it was. Integ got mad. Integ reminded us that in drafting, you have to go with what you get. And by doing that, you are just breaking a fundamental law. I didn't want to decieve him, and I felt rather ashamed of myself for even doing that. So I manned up, and went through Part 2 all over again. In the end, it turned out really well, because I got to spend the tons of BEXP to Heather instead of Nealuchi, which I would later use to promote her early at Part 3's earlygame.

So here I am. And I promise you, person who is reading this, I will not ragequit this run, and I will try to end up in first place!

Edited by Soul

Would it be too much asking not to take a penalty for characters that a needed to complete a map?

you can always use Sothe/Micaiah in P1, P2 you get Elincia, Geoffrey and Lucia, P3 Ike. so its usually not to hard unless you dont draft evenly but then you make up the turns in different areas.

If you mean a scenario like Nolan on 1-1 then no, you still have to take penalty, but its not to large a penalty for him iirc i'll try and copy paste rules to here.

you can always use Sothe/Micaiah in P1, P2 you get Elincia, Geoffrey and Lucia, P3 Ike. so its usually not to hard unless you dont draft evenly but then you make up the turns in different areas.

If you mean a scenario like Nolan on 1-1 then no, you still have to take penalty, but its not to large a penalty for him iirc i'll try and copy paste rules to here.

Alright, makes sense. I meant chapters like 1-P where you need Edward if you don't want to take like 20~ by using Micaiah only.

Alright, makes sense. I meant chapters like 1-P where you need Edward if you don't want to take like 20~ by using Micaiah only.

yeah you have to draft because if you didn't edward's draft appeal would go down a little, only fair to those who draft him.

also, how do you do spoiler things?i forgot...

I'm in... I'll make sure to make some changes from last time.... and i'm finishing it this time too.

I made 449 turns, penalties included

Edited by SlayerX

We're all f*cked.

By that, do you mean "oh God it's Integrity that bastard who actually finishes"? :P

I've never won a draft in which any one other person finished.

I'm in... I'll make sure to make some changes from last time.... and i'm finishing it this time too.

yeah, my strategy sucked and i didnt finsih

By that, do you mean "oh God it's Integrity that bastard who actually finishes"? :P

I've never won a draft in which any one other person finished.

did fayt finish last time?

did fayt finish last time?

DarkCybaster did. Fayt might have, not too sure. I certainly pestered him enough.

EDIT: Mik, the last one he's referencing was Normal mode, and the rules are copy-pasted over from the Normal draft, so I'd assume it's Normal.

Edited by Integrity

I suppose I'll join if there's space.

It's more like I need something to entertain me for a while, though. I swear I'll try to actually finish.

Then I guess it's the end for the the participants pick! How are we going to draft? I'd like to know, because I'm kinda new to this.

Generally, Fenrir uses random.org or some other similar thing (1d8?) to place us, then we go in the order randomly selected. Some drafts have the participants pick their order, but ...well, I think he'd have said were that the case.