Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

I was just sort of jumping along the general conversation. I wasn't replying directly to you, I'm just in the habit of clicking reply to a post instead of a topic. I should edit that.

I see, no worries.

Not to change the subject completely from FE8, but I'd also like to get back on Haar. We can theorize all we want, but in the end, I think what we really need is a test. I'd like to host a draft in which a competent player volunteers to be the first drafter in line and take Haar (preferably not me). Everyone else would draft just like usual, but I'd want most people to finish it (and I'd like most of the players to be those who are generally agreed to be good draft players), especially whoever takes Haar, Titania, and Nolan, for comparison purposes.

Any takers?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to change the subject completely from FE8, but I'd also like to get back on Haar. We can theorize all we want, but in the end, I think what we really need is a test. I'd like to host a draft in which a competent player volunteers to be the first drafter in line and take Haar (preferably not me). Everyone else would draft just like usual, but I'd want most people to finish it (and I'd like most of the players to be those who are generally agreed to be good draft players), especially whoever takes Haar, Titania, and Nolan, for comparison purposes.

Any takers?

I think this is a good idea. I'll volunteer, if I'm considered competent. I like to consider myself an average drafter, anyway.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

I think this is a good idea. I'll volunteer, if I'm considered competent. I like to consider myself an average drafter, anyway.

I'll put it out there I was both expecting and hoping you would volunteer. And it's not like we need a team of 7 perfect players, either, we just can't have anyone who's going to be pushing 400-500 turns or the sample won't be at all accurate.

From my experience drafting, a decent player should be able to pull <300 turns with almost any team.

I see, no worries.

Any takers?

Which mode? I still haven't actually completed HM...

Also, I am pretty inexperienced at FE10 all around, my strategies last time were not so optimal, especially in part 3...

This is certainly not a commitment. Just a curiousity.

Which mode? I still haven't actually completed HM...

Also, I am pretty inexperienced at FE10 all around, my strategies last time were not so optimal, especially in part 3...

This is certainly not a commitment. Just a curiousity.

It could be either, but I'd go with NM since that's more common for RD drafts and the purpose of this would be testing Haar's strength in RD drafts. So yeah.

I'll put it out there I was both expecting and hoping you would volunteer. And it's not like we need a team of 7 perfect players, either, we just can't have anyone who's going to be pushing 400-500 turns or the sample won't be at all accurate.

From my experience drafting, a decent player should be able to pull <300 turns with almost any team.

While it would be ideal for all 7 to finish with good turncounts, I think that as long as at least 3 or 4 other people finish as well, that should be good enough. Unless you're talking about an 'incompetent' player skewing the drafting process itself, in which case I agree.

I can put up a topic now, if you'd like.

While it would be ideal for all 7 to finish with good turncounts, I think that as long as at least 3 or 4 other people finish as well, that should be good enough. Unless you're talking about an 'incompetent' player skewing the drafting process itself, in which case I agree.

I can put up a topic now, if you'd like.

I did mention in my original post that all 7 didn't necessarily need to finish :P:. But yeah, there is that. And I'd want whoever gets Haar, Titania, Nolan, and Edward to definitely finish. The others would be nice as well but aren't as important.

I'd like to host it myself, if that's alright. And I want to get some more volunteers from here first because I don't want to get too random of a selection of drafters.

Also, Balcerzak, I see you got 290 turns in the RD draft you did, which really isn't that bad, especially considering it was old penalties. If you think you'll have the drive to finish another, I think you'd be fine for this.

I did mention in my original post that all 7 didn't necessarily need to finish :P:. But yeah, there is that. And I'd want whoever gets Haar, Titania, Nolan, and Edward to definitely finish. The others would be nice as well but aren't as important.

I'd like to host it myself, if that's alright. And I want to get some more volunteers from here first because I don't want to get too random of a selection of drafters.

Understood. Looks like I'll be adding yet another draft playthrough to the backlog. I'll put this one at the highest priority, though.

Rfof i volunteer for ur draft. Im not perfect but im decent at least and can pull good turncounts with most teams. Plus, i always finish :p. And im really interested in the test.

Rfof i volunteer for ur draft. Im not perfect but im decent at least and can pull good turncounts with most teams. Plus, i always finish :p. And im really interested in the test.

From what I've seen you appear good enough for this experiment. I guess I should probably just put the topic up since it doesn't look like I'll be getting many volunteers from here.

I doubt I'm experienced enough, as I haven't yet finished a draft (I just started a few weeks ago), but I'd be up for it. I'm on Part 4 right now in my other one, and it's looking like I'll have under 300 turns. So long as the desert doesn't kill me.

Edited by Ring Wraith

I doubt I'm experienced enough, as I haven't yet finished a draft (I just started a few weeks ago), but I'd be up for it. I'm on Part 4 right now in my other one, and it's looking like I'll have under 300 turns. So long as the desert doesn't kill me.

Looked over your log. Seems decent for a first time through. If I can assume you'll have learned from mistakes you made there I can add you in. Also make sure you'll be able to finish.

Reserve us a spot in the draft whenever u post the topic rfof :p. Normal mode drafts get filled too fast lol.

That's the idea behind recruiting you guys here :P:. It should be up soon.

I'm not the kind to not finish something. It may take me a bit longer than the one I'm currently doing, but that would be because school is starting soon. It actually should take less time, now that I know how to do some of the chapters easily. Thank you for letting me do this!

Sorry to deviate a bit, but. . .

Two people have finished the Random Reclass Roundup (http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26976&st=0)

This is a non-standard draft, as Prologues are being counted, Warp isn't banned (but Warpskipping is), and the Forge is open.

13thshadow: 259 turns

Quintessence: 254 turns

Don't mind my turn counts, as I'm shadowing people, and am not an official part of this draft.

Edited by Clipseykitty

That's the idea behind recruiting you guys here :P:. It should be up soon.

I'd like to join, but I am just so busy that i cannot even fiish my current drafts, and I'm gone for a long time starting august 7th, so this is just a good luck and have fun etc. :) Even though i'd probably qualify, can't play without a Wii. =/

So..... Good luck! =D

Sorry to deviate a bit, but. . .

Oh, Clipsety dearest. They've already been good boys and gone and told me :p

Thanks for thinking of me, though!

If you're not sure you could check the log, doofus.

But I didn't, so thanks.

Edited by Integrity

In radiant dawn drafts, can an undrafted be taken to endgame to bless another weapon? Or say, can sanaki bless meteor if shes undrafted?

Oh and btw i started a RD NM draft a few days ago called "Another RD draft". Everyone has their picks already.

Edited by PegKnightLover

There's been a bit of debate on the matter, but the consensus seemed to be (IIRC) that the unit blessing a weapon *technically* isn't doing anything so.

And I'll go log that, cheers.