Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

I decided to go ahead and just implement the Rulesets for each game in the OP. Have a look, complain loudly.

The changes for the Decisions FE8 draft haven't been implemented, and I've still got RD's BEXP limit table in there.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're gonna give Frey and Norne the cold shoulder, can you put a note in the SD ruleset reminding tournament hosts to add those two into a NM draft?

I finished my own Random Reclass Roundup take 2, in 148 turns, 1 less than Whitefang. He had cav abel, its NOT FAIR

Corrected Turncount is below

Edited by General_Horace

Am I to presume Whitefang finished in 149 turns? It wasn't in the log.

EDIT: Seems he finished in 147. Your post is LIES, Canuck.

Edited by Integrity

Actually I'm retarded, Whitefang found an adding error in my turncounts, my actual turncount is 146, which is in fact 1 less than him. :facepalm:

:Canada:

Yes, whoever I had as a banner before is gone. I can't remember who it was, but I didn't like them

It was Rolf. No wonder I didn't like it.

Edited by General_Horace

I've finished in Support Chain #2 draft. Final turn count 185. Not terrible for my first draft, I think, but there's still plenty of room for improvement.

EDIT: Also oval finished in 175 turns.

Edited by Toothache

I would just like to propose a change to the Shadow Dragon ruleset, and Eclipse and I discovered a bug in the Europeon version of Chapter 18, allowing Marth to seize on turn 4, ignoring the movement cost of the throne. In the NOA version, this was corrected according to Eclipse, making a 4 turn impossible.

Just want to ban a 4 turn clear on chapter 18, as silly as it sounds.

1: General:Horace (XiSrOn): Lorenz, Linde, Tomas, Wendell, Horace, Roshea, Bord, Caesar, Sedgar, Barst

2: Grithalmir (Whitefang):Samson, Maria, Boah, Midia, Rickard, Etzel, Matthis, Castor, Gaggles, Frey

3: eclipse (Rigadoog): Jeorge, Est, Catria, Dolph, Merric, Roger, Darros, Jagen, Draug, Ogma

4: Quintessence (Integrity): Jake, Ymir, Elice, Beck, Lena, Minerva, Norne, Athena, Wolf, Hardin

5: 13thshadow (Core): Arran, Wrys, Big Mac, Astram, Radd, Vyland, Palla, Cord, Navarre, Caeda

The SOYO Knickerbocker Recruit-all-drafted-units Random Reclass Roundup has finished drafting.

@13: You forgot the topic number. :( Still, in.

@Xander: Done.

@Two above: That's because I was all of lazy, inexperienced with FE7 drafts, and still feeling my way through the generic rules.

EDIT: Okay, rules for Eliwood mode drafts are roughed in, complete with a different (minus farina/eliwood/karla, plus hector) unit list. Somebody's gonna have to brief me on Lyn Mode rules if there's clamour for it - as far as I knew, Lyn Mode was always skipped for drafts.

The one major change I made to the lists for Eliwood mode is Geitz and Wallace are drafted as a pair rather than Geitz and Wallace will remain undrafted. With the removal of Farina, the (presumably) perfect draft pool gets mucked up.

Edited by Integrity

Aha! I see what you meant.

Added a bit to the FE7 drafts. Just " - skipping Lyn mode" to the end of each mode description.

I finally got FE2 patched, and it's surprisingly fun, so I'm considering doing a draft with it, especially since there haven't been any. Here's what I'm thinking for rules:

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 3 players

2. Alm/Arum and Cellica are free for all to use

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may trade.

2. Undrafted units may not enter combat, open doors, or do anything other than trade.

3. Skirmishes are allowed with the first skirmish in that area free, any time you want to enter the area later it will be put towards your turn count

Penalties:

1. All units have a 3 turn penalty.

Units:

Alm's Army

Luka/Ruka

Robin/Bird

Cliff

Grey

Silk

Clea/Claire

Clerbe/Kreb

Fols/Force

Paison/Python/Pay

Ryuto

Machilda

Dute

Teeta

Zeke

Maisen

Cellica's Army

May

Boowy

Jenny

Sevr/Saber

Valbo

Kamui

Leo

Paola

Katua

Atlas

Jesey

Sonia

Deen

Est

Norma

I haven't actually finished the game (I just started Chapter 2), but I don't think there are any broken units (other than perhaps Alm) based on what I've read. I was thinking three players, because that makes it so there's no extra free units (which there doesn't need to be), and also gives everybody an early game unit, which I can imagine would be pretty tough to solo with just your lord. I wasn't sure how to word the skirmish rule, but basically, somebody can enter Liberation HQ and fight the two skirmishes for free, but next time they want to enter the Liberation HQ, they're going to have to put it towards their turn counts. Maybe I should just say you get a 1 or 2 turn penalty for doing a skirmish?