Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding bans and units being free, maybe it would be a good idea to have clear definitions of when a unit should have what status?

...can you define this further? I have no idea what it means ;/

...can you define this further? I have no idea what it means ;/

Sure. What I'm saying is that you should establish criteria for when a unit is so broken that it requires a ban, and at what times it's necessary to have a unit free for everyone.

An example for the second one would be

"A unit is free for a chapter when that chapter cannot be completed without that unit."

All Lords fulfill this condition in any chapter that has the win condition "Seize".

For the first one... something like

"A unit is banned in a chapter when that unit is not free for everyone in that chapter and when no other unit can replicate that unit's performance."

I guess this could be said for Haar in 3-3.

Those were just examples to illustrate the general idea, you can obviously define more specific criteria than I just did. Did this clarify things a bit?

Oh, yeah, I'm tracking.

Honestly, I don't see what's to be gained by putting effort into defining when a unit should be banned. There's no problem - in my mind - with simply feeling through it.

An example for the second one would be

"A unit is free for a chapter when that chapter cannot be completed without that unit."

All Lords fulfill this condition in any chapter that has the win condition "Seize".

Lucia has an arrive chapter and she's not free.

Honestly, I don't see what's to be gained by putting effort into defining when a unit should be banned. There's no problem - in my mind - with simply feeling through it.

Well, take a look at Franz/Vanessa. Even after making a test draft, you can't really say what should be done about them.

It was just a suggestion though, feel free to disregard it.

@Horace: I don't think I'll log it. If somebody else decides to go back and do the same thing with their team, I'll log it then. Thanks, though.

@Eclipse: Done. Cheers.

In the FE4 ruleset it says "Nanna/Janne is free in Chapter 7" but it should only be Janne. Nanna means Lachesis was paired, meaning that the Hezul kids must have been drafted. Only Janne should be free.

PKL's Experimental SS Draft has finished drafting.

* Soul:

Franz, Forde, Tana, Joshua, Duessel, Innes, Rennac

* PKL:

Vanessa, Artur, Colm, Ross, Natasha, Amelia, Knoll

* White Fang:

Lute, Kyle, Gerik, Cormag, Moulder, Ewan, Dozla

* General_Horace:

Garcia, Tethys, Saleh, Syrene, Neimi, Gilliam, L'Arachel

Check.

Incidentally, starting now I'm going to incorporate who the proxy was for Knickerbockers in the log. It seems like a good framework for getting Psych's Tag Team Draft in elegantly. So from here on out, if you participate in a KB, mind providing both names per team?

EDIT: Okay, the only Knickerbockers I could remember were the EVERYTHING FEDS DRAFT from 13 and good old Knickerbocker Knickerbocker Number Nine. I LOVE saying that.

If you've been in another Knickerbocker draft you can remember, please say so now because I know we've had more than two.

Edited by Integrity

Well, there was Psych's FE9 Knickerbocker:

We have not had an FE9 draft in a while (27149)

1. Integrity (MarciaxRolf): Lucia, Janaff, Rolf, Stefan, Haar, Zihark, Mordecai, Marcia

2. Soul (Mercenary Raven): Bastian, Tormod, Rhys, Mist, Ilyana, Reyson, Lethe, Marcia

3. Paperblade (Hong Lei): Largo, Sothe, Volke, Geoffry, Gatrie, Maurim, Nephenee, Jill

4. Vicious Sal (General Horace): Shinon, Devdan, Calill, Ranulf, Makalov, Astrid, Kieran, Oscar

5. Radiant Dragon (Excellen): Tauroneo, Ulki, Brom, Elincia, Soren, Mia, Boyd, Tanith

Psych hosted and did not participate.

The drafters are the ones listed first, and the ones that were supposed to play the draft are in parentheses.

Also, Core's FE9 draft doesn't seem to be logged, either:

Core's FE9 draft (27432)

1. Scott Pilgrim: Reyson, Zihark, Nephenee, Tormod, Brom, Rhys, Geoffrey, Stefan

2. Core: Oscar, Mist, Gatrie, Mia, Calill, Ulki, Devdan, Ena

3. Kirsche: Jill, Mordecai, Lethe, Makalov, Muarim, Janaff, Tauroneo, Bastian

4. PegKnightLover: Marcia, Kieran, Soren, Astrid, Sothe, Rolf, Lucia, Largo

5. Xanderdog:Boyd, Tanith, Ilyana, Volke, Shinon, Haar, Ranulf, Elincia

Edited by Radiant Kitty