Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

Pretty much. There's no reason to use Random Mode for a draft when Fixed Mode exists, and FE9 HM is really piss-easy compared to ...uh, almost anything.

EDIT: Same reason all FE8 drafts are HM, really.

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, ouch then. I understand the reasoning behind it (Hard Mode being easy for pros and Fixed Mode eliminating the random level up problem.) but that really doesn't sound fun to me personally. Would it be acceptable for me to start a Normal/Random draft myself then?

I don't give a fuck, if you can find people to do it. Hell, you could go run a FE8 Easy Mode draft for all I care. I just log them, man.

I don't give a fuck, if you can find people to do it. Hell, you could go run a FE8 Easy Mode draft for all I care. I just log them, man.

Okay, thanks. I just asked because the subtitle told me to.

I probably won't be starting right away since I'm somewhat busy and I'd like to finish the game normally again first.

Oh Hey There Sacred Stones Draft (#26840) is not there.

1) Ptolemy: Lute, Natasha, Saleh, Colm, Tana, Innes, Ewan

2) Spykitty: Vanessa, Kyle, Gerik, Ross, Syrene, Rennac, Marisa

3) Rewjeo: Franz, Garcia, Cormag, Artur, Knoll, Dozla, L'Arachel

4) Ring Wraith: Forde, Moulder, Duessel, Joshua, Gilliam, Neimi, Amelia

Come to think of it, Ive never played Radiant Dawn in easy mode. Might be a good excuse to join one. But wouldnt it be just too easy?

Maybe, but things don't have to be ball busting to be fun, as I'm sure you know. It would be a fun little casual draft, most likely.

You guys'll eventually get it through your heads that I don't butt into rulemongering for other drafts except in extreme scenarios.

I know the thread description says "Request new drafts here" or something similar, but as Integ says, this just logs all the results and such in one place. As long as you get participants, he's gonna be cool with it.

The reason for "Request new drafts here" (as far as I know, I'm fairly sure Narga [was it Narga?] put it there when he stickied it) is so cute little noobies can say "oh drafts sound fun I want one but I don't have the experience to host, hey let's see if somebody else wouldn't mind running a feX draft for me!!!"

sigh.

Since you're determined to ask me, yes. The more free units, the more shared units, the more the point of a draft is diluted. That why I think Darros's Pairings Draft is utter balls, because everybody gets essentially everyone. It's not even a draft anymore.