Fuyuki's Holy Grail War (Sign-Ups/Discussion Topic)

EchoingPewter

Hello folks. I figured I'd bring something new to this area 'round here. This RP is based off the Fate/Stay Night Visual Novels (if you have seen only the anime or magna, I tip my hat to you in RAGE, and suggest you attempt to get your hands on the Visual Novels at the earliest convenience, as they are so much more better than the others).

And now for the bulk of the stuff you'll need to know for this condensed version that'll make this RP simpler and still fun!

Table of Contents

1.1 Magi

1.2 Fuyuki City

1.3 What is the Holy Grail War?

1.4 History of the Holy Grail War

1.5 Masters

1.6 Servants

1.7 Servant Classifications

1.8 Command Spell

1.9 Noble Phantasms

1.10 The Holy Church

1.11 "Rules"

1.1 Magi

A magus (magi for plural) is a human practitioner of Magecraft, the magical science, as opposed to a magician, who is capable of bringing forth true miracles that are impossible to be reenacted at the current scientific stage. In ancient times, the term magus was used for both the users of Thaumaturgy and Magic, but with the advancement of science that made past miracles possible and the decline of the overall power of Magecraft, the differences between the two became clearer. At the modern age, there are only five magicians left.

More than just a name, the term "magus" define a whole set of beliefs and lifestyle. A magus dedicates himself to the study and refinement of Thaumaturgy while driving himself apart of the values of common men in the process. He searches for the greater truths of the universe not to answer existential questions, but just for the sake of knowing. Ideally, a magus would render his own self transparent while still retaining his ego.

1.2 Fuyuki City (Warning: This section will be a bit long. However, it is necessary to know the full area well.)

Fuyuki City is the setting for The Holy Grail War. It is separated into two sections - Shinto and Miyama, which are the new and old sections respectively. Miyama is further split into two parts - the traditional Japanese houses district and the foreigners' houses district.

Miongawa - The river that divides Fuyuki in half.

Miyamachou (Miyama) - Suburban area of Fuyuki.

Intersection - Connects to the shopping street, the school, the northern and southern parts of town, and to the bridge.

Shopping Street

Koushuuensaikan, Taizan - The only Chinese restaurant in Miyamachou. It's renowned for its spicy food. Really, really, spicy food. Enough to melt somebody's tongue sort of spiciness. Also where Kotomine eats his Ma-poo Dou-fu (Kotomine will be introduced in the RP).

Edomaeya - A food stand in Miyamachou. Verde has better variety.

Antique store

Flower shop

Homurabara Gakuen - Private high school.

Riverside Park - Located by the bridge.

Fuyuki Bridge

Shinto - The urban side of Fuyuki.

Harbor

Fuyuki Station

Center Building - The highest building in Fuyuki. It's four kilometers away from the bridge.

Kotomine Church/Fuyuki Church - One hour walk from Miyamachou. It's on top of a hill. Considered a safe haven in the war.

Graveyard

Copenhagen - Liquor shop x pub sort of place.

Fuyuki Central Library - Located in the middle of the Fuyuki citizen's park.

Fuyuki Central Park

Fancy Shop - The name of the biggest stuffed animal store in Shinto.

Verde - Biggest shopping center in town.

~~~~

Ryudo Temple - Atop the mountain outside of Fuyuki City.

Outer forest - One hour drive by taxi from Shinto.

Einzbern Castle - Four hours from the entrance of the forest by foot.

Sakazuki Cave - Underneath Ryudo Temple.

The last four will play into the plot later on down the line and will be explained in full detail when the time comes.

1.3 What is the Holy Grail?

Now we finally get into the meat of the RP. The Holy Grail is what is handed down in the city of Fuyuki but isn't the one that received the blood of the Christ, but the prototype of an even more ancient "omnipotent container"; this container is the 726th Grail that sticks to the legend of the name. It is a gate that leads to the Root, Akasha; a hole connected to the nuclear core, the Great Grail, a wish machine - the key to startup the Great Grail. It is not an omnipotent container, but a replica created to work like a "wish machine" that can only bring forth one's own answers to his or her own questions.

Basically, as the servants are killed, their life force is absorbed into the container (which is depicted just like the Holy Grail, a cup). When six of the seven servants are defeated, the Akasha opens up to the victorious pair of Master and Servant. Granted not in what is explained above as that requires all seven,

Nice to have a short section after Fuyuki, eh?

1.4 History of the Holy Grail War

This is the third Holy Grail War that has taken place in Fuyuki. The first two were twenty years apart, as is this one from the second. Really, since there's not much information needed here, that's it. Really. However, this war will be described as being run "differently" than before.

1.5 Masters

Master is a designation given to an individual, usually a Magus, who has formed a contract with a Servant. The Master provides the Servant with Prana (the power source used to actualize the mysteries of Magecraft, aka Mana or Odo) and a sort of "passport" into the modern era in return for the services of said Servant.

Goals: Traditionally, a Master is an individual who has formed a contract with a Servant, for the purpose of acquiring the Holy Grail of Fuyuki City. There are no actual restrictions on how the contract is used, when it is made, or how long it lasts, but the Servant inevitably has goals of its own.

Creation: In order to become a Master, a person must successfully summon a Servant through use of a specific Formal Craft ritual. Upon completion, the Master must formalize a contract with the Summoned Servant by acknowledging their respective roles. The process creates a link between the two, allowing the Master to support the Servant with their Prana or an external source.

Qualities of a Master: Under ordinary circumstances, a Master is always a spellcaster, usually a Magus with a Magic Circuit (can use some form of magecraft), who is selected by the Grail. It is possible for an ordinary person to become a Master, as well as untrained individuals, though this is rare.

A Master that is providing Prana to a Servant will "leak" magical energy in a volume that is easily detectable to most spell casters. The leakage is distinctive, allowing a Magus to determine that the Master has a contract with a Servant.

An active Master will also possess a Command Spell as a visible proof of their contract.

A Master is always a Master, whether he/she currently has a Servant or not, as long as he still has the Command Spell. A Master without a Servant can make a pact with an unclaimed Servant at will, though having too many Servants is hazardous to the health of a Master due to Prana consumption. This also means that a Master can claim a new Servant regardless of the length of time since his last Servant.

1.6 Servants

Servants are Heroic Spirits summoned by the Holy Grail. Once summoned, they can be classified as familiars as long as they are bound to a Master. Servants are legends from the past, present, or future. Because summoning even one heroic spirit is a miraculous occurrence, summoning seven in their pure forms would be beyond the Holy Grail's power. Thus, to facilitate the process, Servants are summoned into one of seven vessels prepared beforehand. These vessels are classified based on their primary roles. Heroic Spirits can be summoned into any "class" that reflects the abilities they had in life.

Although too powerful to be controlled by humans, the prospect of having a wish granted by the Holy Grail serves as incentive to cooperate with a Master. A Master who is chosen to participate in the Holy Grail War possesses a Command Spell that, when invoked, forces the Servant to obey the Master's orders. However, few Servants actually appear to have a wish, with only True Assassin and Saber expressing theirs while the others are either content to serve their Master or have other goals entirely.

In order to call forth a specific Servant, a material connection between the summoner and the Heroic Spirit is required. This is particularly true if one wishes to summon an exceptional Servant.

Servants can revert to spirit form at will, and in this form they can pass through inorganic substances that aren't dense with mana. They cannot be affected by normal interference when dematerialized, but need to materialize for battle.

1.7 Servant Classifications

Heroic Spirits summoned by the Holy Grail are place into one of seven categories. The seven standard classes are Saber, Lancer, Archer, Rider, Caster, Assassin, and Berserker. An eighth class, Avenger, has been recently created by the Einzbern family during the third Holy Grail War.

Saber: Servants placed within this class are agile and powerful melee warriors. It is commonly assumed to be the best class overall, with high ratings in all categories. It is one of the three Knight classes, together with Lancer and Archer and also possesses the Riding skill like the Rider class.

Lancer: Servants placed within this class are very agile and skilled with long-range melee weapons, such as spears, lances, etc. It is one of the three Knight classes, together with Archer and Saber.

Archer: Servants placed within this class are usually proficient with projectiles and can survive longer without a Master nearby, thanks to their special ability Independent Action. It is one of the three Knight classes, together with Lancer and Saber.

Rider: Servants placed within this class place emphasis upon speed and powerful Noble Phantasms. Their special skill is Riding, which allows them to fully utilize abilities of their mounts (ranging from simple horses, through motorcycles, to divine creatures).

Caster: Servants placed within this class are adept in Magecraft and have a special ability called Territory Creation which alters or creates space around them to enhance their sorcery.

Assassin: Servants placed within this class are ones of stealthy and deadly talent. The Assassins' special ability is Presence Concealment, which allows them to remain undetected. Offset by their stealth is their weak combat skills. Due to this, Assassins often target Masters instead of Servants.

Berserker: Servants placed within this class are always incarnations of heroes who have gone berserk on their lifetime. This trait allows them to use the special ability Mad Enhancement, which trades their consciousness (i.e. sanity) for a large power boost. Most Masters are incapable of controlling their Servant once Mad Enhancement has been activated, which eventually results in their death.

Avenger: It is not one of the seven normal classes and was only summoned during the Third War. The heroes here are usually under the terms of "Anti-Hero".

1.8 Command Spell

An active Master will also possess a Command Spell as a visible proof of their contract. The Command Spell, or Command Seal, is the absolute authority of a magus over a Servant, they are the holy marks that appear on the body of the magi who become Masters for the Holy Grail War, and become part of his body.

The shape of the seals is different for each Master; they reflect the magical characteristic of the magus. Be creative in this with your character's personality. A sword could stand for valor, justice, whatever, just get creative here.

The seals are three absolute orders that can both restraint or reinforce the action of a Servant, to the point of making him perform an impossible action. If it is within the scope of the Prana of the Master and the Servant, then it can be realized through the power of an order of the Command Spell - even if it is something the Servant isn't normally able to do.

Although, if the order is meant to apply on a longer period of time or if the order is vague, the strength of the order will grow weaker. Of course, the opposite works as well: an order that is very specific will be more effective and will hurt the Servant if he disobeys - although it is still possible to resist it, at the cost of an increasing pain. For example, an order such as "obey everything I say" is meaningless.

The example case of Tohsaka Rin in the model this RP is based off of, who used such an order on the first night, is an exception, and it had some effects as she is a superior magus. Archer explains that he will feel a weight if he disobeys her, and will receive a boost when he follows her order.

If a Servant is fatally wounded, an order such as "heal right this instant" will result in the wound being temporarily sewed with a thread of Prana, allowing the Servant to move for a bit; though it doesn't give any actual medical treatment.

Even if the Master doesn't consciously activate the Command Spell, it will automatically be used unless it is an impossible order.

1.9 Noble Phantasms

Noble Phantasms are weapons or abilities owned by heroic spirits. Usually based off of what made them famous, they can be general weapons such as swords, lances, or bows, support item such as rings and crowns, or they can be abstract concepts such as abilities and curses. Considered to be their trump cards, they are activated by channeling prana into them and shouting their true names, and this can only be done by their true owners. With each cycle of recreation a weapon undergoes, it becomes weaker. If faced with their predecessors, newer incarnations will generally lose during a confrontation. The current number of existing Noble Phantasms is very small, but they still exist in the material world.

It is possible to sacrifice a Noble Phantasm for an attack that is one rank higher, which is called a Broken Phantasm. If a Noble Phantasm is packed with prana, it can be made to explode after striking its target. However, as it is nearly impossible to repair a destroyed Noble Phantasm, and as they are the trump cards of Heroic Spirits, they are unlikely to take such measures.

1.10 The Holy Church

The Fuyuki Church will be where everyone starts. This church serves as a sort of haven for those within the war. This is where many things about the war occur. More will be explained within the RP just so you don't have to read much longer.

1.11 Rules

This'll be short since you've been a good boy/girl and actually taken in the info somewhat. Don't worry if you didn't comprehend everything yet, this topic's always going to be around, so you can look back here if you need to.

Biggest rule is have fun. I don't want this to be some strict rule-binding RP, that's why I'm not going into full detail of this entire subject (yeah, after all you read, I could've made a LOT more in this).

Next is the sign-up sheet: (However, please read through the rest of the info here before just picking up the sheet, there's things you need to know below.)

Servant sign-up:

<B>Name:</B> I will allow actual legends, historic figures, etc, OR you may make someone up if they're reasonable enough. If you wish to keep your Servant's identity secret, you must still get the identity to me somehow via the e-mail I will provide or my MSN or AIM.

<B>Class:</B> Which class is he/she?

<B>Description:</B> What do they look like? Note: They can look completely different than their past lives. The original story I took this from even altered the gender of one of the heroes, so I will allow that too.

<B>Personality:</B> Self explanatory.

<B>Noble Phantasm(s):</B> Please do not go overboard on these, I'd like to not have everyone possessing OHKO Noble Phantasms. I may allow one or so that are a little "over" the others, but I will not accept your sign-up if you make all your NPs excruciatingly powerful. I am limiting you to THREE NPs at max, but you do not have to use all three (in fact the less you have the more powerful they're allowed to be separately).

<B>Brief summary on their legend:</B> Self explanatory. See Name on the secrecy issue.

<B>Reason you fight:</B> What do you desire of the Holy Grail (your wish)?

Master Sign-up:

<B>Name:</B> Self explanatory.

<B>Description:</B> What do you look like?

<B>Occupation and Age:</B> What is your job/which district are you a student in and how old are you?

<B>Personality:</B> Self explanatory.

<B>Reason You Fight:</B> What do you desire of the Holy Grail?

<B>Background</B>: I would appreciate a small background of your character. Biggest thing I want to know is if your character is a magus or not. If they aren't, you'll have to explain exactly how your character is obtaining their Servant, and you'll also not be in the Fuyuki Church in the beginning. If you're a magus, you'll know about the war, so you don't need as much of an explanation in the beginning as you'll be in the Fuyuki Church. For ease sake, I recommend being a magus.

Last note:

Servants are much stronger than Masters, as well as other humans. If a Master takes on a Servant alone, it would be risky, as nine out of ten times the Servant will win. No contest.

The original concept of this system was to defeat the other Masters and seize the Holy Grail. This will still have that competition, but I am going to be adding a co-operative twist to a large portion of the RP. However, I am sorry to say this, but there will be a time where someone might have to die (whether it is through logic or whatever happens). If you lose, don't be a sore loser please, I won't put up with it. I can be your best friend, or your worst nightmare, your choice.

BIG NOTICE HERE EVERYONE READ:

The current spots taken are as follows:

Masters

Kimiko Junabara (roymbrog)

Makoto Von Einzbern (EchoingPewter)

David "Tab" Spencer (Script)

Kaguya Homurabi (Kanami)

-OPEN

-OPEN

-NPC Caster Master (EchoingPewter)

-NPC Avenger Master (EchoingPewter)

Servants

Lancer: Unknown (Azusa Nakano)

Rider: Joan of Arc (Snowy One)

Berserker: Atlanta (RPG)

Saber: Ragnar (rn7)

Archer: Izanagi (seph1212)

Assassin: OPEN

Caster: NPC Unknown(EchoingPewter)

Avenger: NPC Unknown(EchoingPewter)

Requested pairings so far are as follows:

Makoto & Lancer (EP/Arc & Azusa)

Kimiko & Berserker (roy & RPG)

David & Saber (Script & rn7)

Kaguya & Archer (Kanami & seph)

Unassigned/paired characters will be left in my choice of picking when the RP gets rolling.

The secondary slots will be reopened once the last open spots are filled.

You may contact me through the following means:

ryno1292@cox.net For e-mail.

Yuri Cruz 22 is my AIM.

The above e-mail is what is used for my MSN.

LET'S ROCK!

Also, feel free to ask questions and I'll try to answer them as best I can if you have any.

Edited by EchoingPewter

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Master Sign up

Name: Kimiko Junabara

Description: She’s not very tall, has somewhat long black hair usually in a loose ponytail, brown eyes, and always carries a thin green coat.

Here’s a badly painted picture

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/roymbrog/Kimikosketch.png

Occupation and Age: 17, student at Homurabara Gakuen in Miyama

Personality: Kimiko’s usually quiet and keeps to herself when left alone, but is also easily excited and can have problems with her temper. Her emotions tend to linger between calm and angry, though she can be kind if she wants to be and has a soft spot for cute animals. Her self-image is pretty poor.

Reason You Fight: To bring back the dead

Background: Coming from a fairly wealthy family, Kimiko lives in the Shinto region of Fuyuki City with her two parents. Her father was a fairly skilled Magus at one point but gave up the lifestyle after getting married. She’s not a formal Magus herself as she hasn’t received any training and isn’t incredibly skilled; she has learned a lot from her father’s old books on Magecraft, however, and can perform basic healing and conjure small flames. She knows about the war, even if her father pretends it no longer exists, and plans to summon a servant to participate. Since her parent’s “business” trip to Hawaii coincides with the beginning of the Holy Grail war perfectly now’s a good a time as any to join up. Unfortunately, the war will be nothing like she expected.\

Ahaha... I forgot something. If anyone needs to contact me....

roymbrog@yahoo.com

or roymbrog@hotmail.com for MSN

Edited by roymbrog

Servant sign-up:

Name: ---(Name sent to GM)

Class: Lancer

Description: --- stands at 5'8", with shoulder length black hair held from his face with a red armoured headband. His eyes are brown. His attire is a red and white haori, with a black obi. Atop the haori is crimson platmail consisting of a single shoulderpad over his right shoulder, as well as a breastplate covering his torso aside from his left shoulder. Armoured boots cover his feet.

Personality: Respectful and honourable, --- also possesses incredible bravery, and a sharp tactical mind. --- is not very talkative, usually not saying more than needs to be said. Due to his disciplinary training, --- keeps a calm disposition in most situations.

Noble Phantasm(s): Crimson Demon of War: Unlocks the spirit of combat. Foregoes reasoning for improved combat prowess, increasing strength, agility, and other physical parameters, as well as heightening senses.

Dragon's Tail: ---'s lance is engulfed in a white-hot flame, and can be flexed and whipped like... a dragon's tail.

Brief summary on their legend: Sent to GM

Reason you fight: --- desires a chance to remake the decision that made him unable to be at the side of one of his greatest friends at the time of their death. He wishes to be at their side and fight by them, changing history.

Noble Phantasm(s): Crimson Demon of War: Unlocks the spirit of combat. Foregoes reasoning for improved combat prowess, increasing strength, agility, and other physical parameters, as well as heightening senses.

This differs from Mad Enhancement how, exactly?

Oh, right, it only activates when you need it to, so it's not an inconvenience when having normal faculties of reason would be helpful.

It is less of a boost than mad enhancement, and it fits the character. it is meant to be used in tandem with Dragon's tail, since on their own, neither is particularly amazing as expected of a Noble Phantasm. Consider that mad enhancement is a trait of the berserker class, who then also has it's own extras, etc.

Name:

Joan of Arc

Class: Rider

Description: A young woman with long and blonde hair. At first glance, she seems to be little more than a common person, wearing simple clothing. No makeup adorns her face, letting all see her slightly sunburned cheeks and weathered hands (arms are usually covered by her shirt). In battle, she dones thick armor forged of steel plate. No emblem adorns the armor, however it is painted white with light blue trim. She wields a single-handed longsword normally. The blade has been polished and a fine latticework pattern has been etched into the blades handle. A similar pattern traces over her armor as well, but is less visible.

Personality: Determined and faithful, in life, Rider was the kind of woman whom would faithfully serve her king and country above all else. She is also confident in her own abilities, resulting in loads of inner strength in her personality. She is sure of her calling and her mission, and though she may be terrified of life and serving in the afterlife, she is determined to fulfill her goal. She is not the kind of person to keep secrets either.

Noble Phantasm(s): Divine Calling: A full-body restoration upon the user. While it will restore severed limbs, the healing provided by this Noble Phantasm is far more akin to sheer tenacity and refusal to give up and the provision of just enough power to keep the caster in the fight (though wounded) for a prolonged period of time.

Brief summary on their legend:

The maid Joan was born to a small village in the French countryside during the One Hundred Years war. During this time, France was suffering a string of military defeats and had been pushed back into their own lands. During this time, Joan claimed she had heard a voice from God commanding her to lead the armies of France against the English. Though afraid, Joan trusted her voices and approached the heir to the throne. Gaining his confidence, she became the commander of the French army and lead them to retake the besieged city of Orleans in one of the most important military battles of history. She went on to lead the French in a string of victories that allowed them to reclaim much of their homeland. Captured, she was put on trial as a false prophet, and burned at the stake. However, even in death, her deeds restored confidence to the French army and allowed them to reclaim their homeland.

Reason you fight: Rider's reason is a simple one for fighting on. She believes her mission to not yet be complete, and thusly, desires to keep fighting.

Edited by Snowy_One

His DM was also a magus.

Yeah. I wasn't aiming for anything serious at all.

Man, you didn't have to be cruel about it. If it really bothers you, I'll change to a different character. Sheesh.

EDIT: On further reflection, I know basically nothing about Fate/Stay Night, so yeah. I'm dropping out of this one already lol.

Edited by Dark Sage

Hey, if you don't know much about this world, THAT'S WHY ALL THIS INFO'S HERE. I'm not trying to sound like a smart ass, but I wouldn't have given you the info if I didn't want you to understand the basics. If I wanted you to be an expert at it, I would've said so. But this RP is being dumbed down to the bare minimum that's needed in order to comprehend this. I'm not going to force anyone to join, but if you don't want to join because you think you can't, take you time and read everything, and see what you get. I can help with a sign-up if needed, just ask.

Now, I'm going to get around to these sign-ups I see right now, I'll edit in the acceptances in this post.

roymbrog/Kimiko and Snowy/Rider#1: Satisfactory enough. Accepted.

Asuza/Lancer: Very nice sign-up, it's short and simple, I like it. However, there is a problem. Not with the sign-up fortunately, it's just the issue that I did not receive your information of his name or legend. So therefore:

NOTICE: From now on, the e-mail that will be used is ryno1292@cox.net as I receive e-mails more easily there. Inform me once you have resent the info.

So for now Asuza, you are pending.

Edited by EchoingPewter

Quick generic question:

With the plot, how much have you planned? I'm looking at the OP and thinking it's nicely planned out initially, but are you going to be guiding the players down a certain plotline, or is this another "I had an idea, now you people do whatever you want with it" type of thing?

I also don't see your (Pewter) character, is that because you'll be taking and administrative role, or simply because you haven't put up your own character? (or are you the avenger?)

To answer your questions, this RP has been planned with a plotline. HOWEVER, there will be some periods where the advancement will be entirely up to the characters (after all, this is a war between each other too). While there's plenty of a plotline to not necessarily need people to die, the option will still obviously be there in these periods.

As for my character, the three Servants I said were taken already are taken as plot and NPC reasons. I however will only sign-up if a certain situation arises before we begin (likely as a Master). I'm likely to end up taking a player and GM role in the RP because I'm not sure how many players will end up in this.

And Azusa/Lancer#2 is now approved.

Just so you know, the people here at Lord of Azure Flame have become found of using Mibbit (Link to LoAF chat: http://wbe01.mibbit.com/?settings=d4a2e2317b84e8897df0b736464a8ee4&server=mibbit.darkmyst.org&channel=%23LordofAzureFlame&nick=Snowy&autoConnect=true ) and have found it to be a good tool to use to help keep in contact. Such a channel might not be a bad idea for this RP.

Here's my character that shall be on the player side. Also, Azusa, I sent you an e-mail. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Name: Makoto Von Einzbern

Description:

Rachel.Alucard.139106.jpg

Occupation and Age: Employee at the Flower Shop. 24 Years-old.

Personality: Makoto is a girl of an elegant and gentle demeanor. She always tries to be kind to those who deserve her respect. She tends to be slightly submissive at times due to her strict father. Makoto tries to not let her mind influence her actions and respect someone no matter how dense or rude they are, although once in a while she fails in this category. As a magus she also has a sense of pride as to her family line and often grows nervous when people challenge the Einzbern name.

Reason You Fight: As one of the three families that created the Holy Grail War, she wishes to follow in her ancestors' footsteps (and her father's wishes).

Background: Makoto was born four years before the second Fuyuki Holy Grail War. When she turned eight her father began her strict training in the magus lifestyle (which was also still during the war). As a result she became a fairly exceptional magus. She learned about her father's actions in the Second War when she was sixteen, and promised her father she'd participate in the next one and claim victory for the Einzbern family this time. Today as an elegant and beautiful young lady, she spends her time working in the flower shop while she waits for the next war to begin. The mass secretive summoning of all the magi in Fuyuki to the Kotomine Church has her curious as to what could possibly happening as well.

EDIT: I will be beginning this RP once at least four Master/Servant pairs are available. Currently there are Two Masters up and Two Servants. If we manage to keep within one of each Servant except Lancer's I will be dropping all other extra slots until more spaces are needed.

Edited by EchoingPewter

I think the thing here is that people (most Rp'ers here) are skeptical about joining RP's, the only one that's actively still going is LoAF and Shu's Quest, of which the later plods along at a slow pace. (the former.... well I'll just say I have issues with the people there, as they most likely do with me).

Anyway, thanks for the response, even if the answer was a bit vague (a bit of both XD) Though it is relieving to know that there is a general plotline in your head. (Most Rp's die due to the creator expecting the players to provide plot, which doesn't work *speaks from first-hand experience*) XD

I'm contemplating joining, but can't say for sure until I do a bit more research on the FSN universe, the information you've provided is nice and all, but I'd like a fuller picture. (And I'll do the looking up myself).

Though to be completelyt honest, I don't really have a high opinion of either Snowy or Ether (Flame targets XD) and roym..... nyeh, don't know him. So to come clean, I'm not exactly jumping up and down in excitement about joining either.

EDIT

Also have a question, with Master/Servants how is allocation going to work? I mean, from the looks of things you're starting the RP with servants already existing (post-contract), and the last thing I want is to be stuck as Ethers Master, or someone elses servant. I suppose that'd promote teamwork(?) in the sense that we're all a "group" but it certainly won't make the RP pleasant for some.

Looking at the RP's so far, I'm not too sure the "2 servants per class" idea is a good one. I mean that's 7 (not including the Lancer position Azusa wants) and 6 more masters (including yourself). That's 13 more people, and I'm not sure if even the long running LoAF RP can boast that many RP'ers.

And even if you think about it optimistically, you're not going to get 13 more Rp'ers. Not ones which will stick around and contribute to the RP at least anyway.

Anyway, going back to my actual question, are you planning to assign, or ask people to choose?

Edited by Kanami

I already answered this if you read through the first post entirely. I said you may speak with each other if you want, but those unpaired at the beginning of the RP will be left up to me.

And really, I say you don't have to necessarily like an RPer to RP with them. The way I looked at it with a person that's now my friend on the RP/FF at GFAQs, was focus on his character(s), not him. But now we're friends, so now I'm more eager to read his posts when he does so. Not saying you have to become friends, but my advice to you is this.

Yes, this RP will have times where the players will be able to interact within the city. As you can see, there's much of Fuyuki to try out. You can pretty much do whatever you need. Job, battle Servants, shop, whatever your character would do. Basically, think of it as small increments of character development time outside of the plot.

(As right after an event, there's not going to be much happening for example, so you'll have the remainder of the evening or day or whatever time of day it is until the next event occurs. This is an estimate of how things will work, because I'm not sure exactly how much time I should give between events, but I'll find out what works best as I see how you guys go along.)

You really don't need to know much more about the universe than what I've given you. If you try to study more, you'll be getting into the deep deep depths of how confusing and screwed up the Nasu-verse is, which is why I've condensed what is needed for an RP here.

The disliking part, well, I've had no reason to hate you yet, as long as you don't cause trouble, god-mod a lot, etc, I like ya. =D

The only reason I have "two servants per class" is to make sure we DON'T run out of space at the beginning. My intention is to cut out what is not used in the second 'set' of classes after the initial sign-ups are in. At that point, I'll be erasing every other second class that wasn't used (such as Rider right now, only has one, if the other two Servants being waited on ended up being per say Saber and Assassin, then the second class of all except Lancer will just be dropped). Right now it's just being used in case it is needed. I didn't want sign-ups to close in the beginning just because the space is forced to only seven pairs, y'know? Think of it as insurance I can start with, and later on bring out if needed.

EDIT: Oh yes, silly me, forgot that part. No, the Servants will not begin in existence. You will go through the summoning rituals on your own at your homes after the opening scenes of the RP. This is technically the first point the RPers will have some independence before the plot gets rolling, as there are different ways you can try to summon (however, I did not bother to get that complex, but Type-Moon's Wiki has all of them if you wish to look at that.).

EDIT#2: (I love being able to edit, can't you tell?) Also, if people have questions either now is (the best really) a good time to do so. The beginning of the RP will also allow for a few questions from the player's perspective as well, just not as much as in here. If you have questions at anytime, ask. Please. Confusion in an RP sucks. Hard.

EDIT#3: Last edit, I swear. Kanami, that avatar is awesome. There, not touching this post again.

Edited by EchoingPewter

Yea. Even at LoAF's peak, we didn't have thirteen. The only way that could be managed, IMO, is if SQ and LoAF merged in this rp.

Edit: I know Yuri! Beats Gamefaqs old system!

Edit: I forgot about riders mount; namely because I was busy arguing with someone while writing the post. Is that okay? Or should I edit one in?

Edit: Yes. Cuddles (her nickname) is awesome.