Dark Ages Tier List

Dark Sage

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because in the old days, the theory behind Rebecca being uber (a prevailing theory at the time) was "OMG REBECCA IS TEH BEST ARCHER EVER! WHO CAREZ ABOUT NO ENEMY PHASE AND CRAP DURABILITY ARCHERS WEREN'T MADE TO GET ATTACKED IN THE FIRST PLACE LOL! IN MA PERSONAL EXPERIENCE REBECCA CAPPED EVERY STAT AND MY PE MEANS EVERYTHING SO REBECCA FOR TOP TIER!1!111!!!!!1!!!!!"

Because in the old days, the theory behind Rebecca being uber (a prevailing theory at the time) was "OMG REBECCA IS TEH BEST ARCHER EVER! WHO CAREZ ABOUT NO ENEMY PHASE AND CRAP DURABILITY ARCHERS WEREN'T MADE TO GET ATTACKED IN THE FIRST PLACE LOL! IN MA PERSONAL EXPERIENCE REBECCA CAPPED EVERY STAT AND MY PE MEANS EVERYTHING SO REBECCA FOR TOP TIER!1!111!!!!!1!!!!!"

Essentially thats it.

Yeah sadly when I was like, 10, I thought that Gamefaqs wouldn't lie to me and I trusted the guy along with Firelizard and well, they steered me wrong.

The guide there sucks major ass. He didn't even bother looking at any actual tier or rating topics in the FE community and changed the ratings to correspond in 2009.

Gamefaqs people must be on something.

You forgot this.

| For a pink armor knight, she sure can rock.  Alongside Bors and Barth, the   |
| three of them can complete the only Armor Knight Triangle Attack in          |
| FE History.  Her stat gains are excellent.  She starts at Level 1, and       |
| considering when you get her, you'll need to be patient training her.        |

Oh dear god.

EDIT: Even better.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Rating:  4/10 | Fan Rating: 3.50/10 - 31 votes - 1 zero                      |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| ...but as it stands now, the only army he could destroy is your own, if you  |
| use him too much.  He's an experience hog (taking away good 30+ gains for    |
| people like Eliwood or Rebecca and gaining only 5 or so for himself), and his|
| stat growths are terrible.  The definition of the Jeigan character.  He could|
| be of some use as a meatshield or as your 15th character in one of the latter|
| levels, but that's about it.                                                 |

Waits for dondon to rage. Shit here is hilarious.

Edited by Life Admiral

Yeah I know. Its like Shining Force II. People view Peter as this putrid thing that's so broken that he takes all the fun away from you, then there's Claude who efficient people despise but casuals love.

I mean I can admit to hating Marcus, but granted it was because of the boards. I thought he was "okay" at first before I read them. It avtually wasn't until my cousins about... 6 months later? When they told me Marcus was good. I tried coping out the EXP Hog argument, but then they responded with "so"? It made me realize how dumb the argument was.

Aside from Guy, Raven, Hector I believe, they actually liked prepromotes. And I don't think they played the game efficiently either (but its just my memory). But hey, I can admit to my noob days. Of Dolph and Roger, of the stupid Hunter -> General fiasco, of many things. "Live and learn" is all that can be said really.

But a 5 for Duessel is ridiculous.

I don't even get why Wendy got such a higher rating than Bors. They pretty much have the same growths, only she comes later.

Also lol at Cath having a terrible strength growth. Yeah, her base is bad and it'll never get anywhere, but her growth itself is not bad at all. 40% is about equal to what Lance has I think.

I'd argue against that, actually. Early game maps don't have as much experience anyway, so the turns Marcus saves can be turned into experience later.

IIRC, the ranked tier list likes to get max stars for each map. That's not to say they don't use Marcus at all, but he does eat up a lot of EXP if he gets even one kill, and EXP is definitely one of the more difficult ranks.

Keep in mind that tier list IS 2 years old.

Really? Never thought they did it that way. Even so, Inui claims to be able to keep exp at 5 stars while using Marcus. In fact bragged about it, until people pointed out that the exp rank doesn't start out as difficult as it becomes later on (or something like that).

With regards to some of the lol worthy rankings, it really all comes down to how people viewed the game about 3 years ago. People weren't looking at it from an efficiency standpoint, thus a 20/10 Rebecca has great offense and great durability when she's got full supports, which was the norm to assume back then. And for what its worth, I'm pretty sure her crappy start and player-phase only offense were taken into account in her ranking, lol. It also wasn't common for most people to have access to enemy stats, so Marcus's lategame stat losses compared to other characters meant a lot more, since most people were ignorant of the fact that he can still pull his weight. Things like higher move and flying also weren't worth nearly as much as they are now.

Now that we focus a lot more on efficiency, this list makes no sense. But back in the day it did lol.

Still Seth got a 7.

A friggin 7!

Sophia got a 7 too!

I especially love where he admits that Lilina's stats suck except magic, but she has lots of supports, conveniently ignoring that a lot of the units she supports suck or have other people they want to support, or they're slow. And even then, she still gets a 10 just because she can apparently kill mamkutes without Forblaze. Because that means so much.

And appearently you should never ever ever promote Lute to Mage Knight.

I actually agree with that statement, only for different reasons. See, I think you should never ever ever promote Lute. So since I think she should never promote, I therefore don't think she should promote to Mage Knight.

I suspect their reasons, even though you never mentioned them, are quite different from mine.

IIRC, the ranked tier list likes to get max stars for each map. That's not to say they don't use Marcus at all, but he does eat up a lot of EXP if he gets even one kill, and EXP is definitely one of the more difficult ranks.

Keep in mind that tier list IS 2 years old.

If that's the case, that actually might make sense, then.

Really? Never thought they did it that way. Even so, Inui claims to be able to keep exp at 5 stars while using Marcus. In fact bragged about it, until people pointed out that the exp rank doesn't start out as difficult as it becomes later on (or something like that).

It's true that it gets much tougher later on with the ridiculous requirements on maps like Cog of Destiny and Victory or Death, but at least from my experience, you should be able to use Marcus for quite a while and still get 5 stars just as easily. It really just depends on how well you can feed weaker units late kills while still completing maps in a timely fashion.

I actually agree with that statement, only for different reasons. See, I think you should never ever ever promote Lute. So since I think she should never promote, I therefore don't think she should promote to Mage Knight.

Uh...why >_>?

Uh...why >_>?

Low level, low con, low base spd, mediocre growth, low base level, Artur has similar capabilities at her join time and promotes to C staves instead of D staves (and is one level closer and gets more turns in their join chapter), 3 to 5 turn completion times in her first 5+ chapters....

She's like Lilina 2.0 only you are going even faster than you were in fe6. Sure, her spd is better relative to Lilina and there are monster enemies that are slow enough for her to double, but she's not much better off.

Low level, low con, low base spd, mediocre growth, low base level, Artur has similar capabilities at her join time and promotes to C staves instead of D staves (and is one level closer and gets more turns in their join chapter), 3 to 5 turn completion times in her first 5+ chapters....

She's like Lilina 2.0 only you are going even faster than you were in fe6. Sure, her spd is better relative to Lilina and there are monster enemies that are slow enough for her to double, but she's not much better off.

Except Lute, despite any of that, is actually a considerably good unit in her game (Also, low level + low base level?). I don't feel like starting any actual arguments, but our most current tier list has her in High for both routes. I don't know how she's a full tier above Artur on those since I remember from my debate with Tino that they tend to be extremely similar, but that's beside the point.

And aside from low level and the obvious Con (Which increases to 6 upon becoming a Mage Knight, definitely not low), I don't know how any of the rest of that is even really true. Base 7 Spd (6 AS w/Fire) at level 1 with a fairly average 45% growth is not bad at all in that game, and an above average 65% Mag growth ensures she'll be hitting hard. Then she promotes and gets staves and Rescuing utility.

Sethskip, not 0%. The idea is that leveling is a pain when Seth-skipping.

Same idea. I've never advocated maximum efficiency before. That hasn't changed.

And to be honest, I've never even seen a dondon151 tier list of FE8, so I can't exactly say I follow it just yet.