Nightmare 2.0 Help

Emy Frost

Alright, now I'm fairly positive that this newbie question is going to leave me embarrassed by how obvious it was afterward, but I just cannot for the life of me figure out how to actually open Nightmare 2.0. Like, I've downloaded it at least three times trying to figure this out. For some reason it has the doc, dist and src folders and such(Plus "COPYING" and a few txt files,) but no actual application to run, and I'm pretty much positive there's something obvious I need/neglected to do. I tried the original Nightmare, and it does not have this problem, for me. Do I need to open it in some special file or something...?

Oh, and I do have the latest version of java, so yeah...

Uh, yes. Java.

But you said you have the latest version of Java...

meh, I'd try "checking again". As in, redownloading Java. And then opening the file again.

Oh and make sure you aren't downloading some Java programming app or whatever, you need to have some... Java Runtime Environment, or crap, to load programs, not view the files or whatever.

Edited by Luffy

Uh, yes. Java.

But you said you have the latest version of Java...

meh, I'd try "checking again". As in, redownloading Java. And then opening the file again.

Oh and make sure you aren't downloading some Java programming app or whatever, you need to have some... Java Runtime Environment, or crap, to load programs, not view the files or whatever.

I tried redownloading Java AND Nightmare 2.0(The latter, numerous times, and still nothing. When I select "open with" and select java) the window with the black screen pops up(like for the FEeditor,) but text goes by really fast and it closes. It can't be the java, because the FEditor(and the original nightmare?) use it, and they all work for me...

Okay, so it's not Java, because FEditor Adv works.

Maybe we should make a batch file for this stuff... Since I'm guessing that's how you run FEditor Adv...

Yeah, okay. This is what you do.

1) Open Notepad.

2) Copy the following:

cd %~dp0
java -jar -Xmx256m "dist\Nightmare_2.jar" %1
pause

3) Save it as "something.cmd", if you can't choose, just name it "run.cmd". Make sure where it says "Save as file type" or something, you put "All files", and not ".txt" (hint: I'm talking about a dropdown box at the bottom).

4) Make sure the file is in the same folder as Nightmare 2.

5) Double-click it and Nightmare 2 should open.

The end. I tried to make it as clear as possible but didn't feel like getting pictures. Good luck with this, because it works for me, and if it doesn't work for you, I honestly don't have any clue what to do.

Heh, right, see, I forgot what the extension of batch files is (>_> yes I know it's "simple", but I'm not a nerd), so just went with CMD... Hopefully the guy has windows since I think command scripts are windows only... alternatively, he can just rename it to run.bat...

Heh, right, see, I forgot what the extension of batch files is (>_> yes I know it's "simple", but I'm not a nerd), so just went with CMD... Hopefully the guy has windows since I think command scripts are windows only... alternatively, he can just rename it to run.bat...

I tried .bat and .cmd in the dist folder numerous times to no avail, until I realized the run.bat file should just go in the general Nightmare 2 folder and I finally got it to open! Thank you so much for your time, and for your help smile.gif