Do you guys think an FE5 Draft would be doable?

Ham Sandwich

I'm sure Fatigue would be a big problem, among others.

Some thoughts:

-There are 52 characters, so 5 people x 10 drafts

-Leaf for everyone, maybe Lara or Lifis for everyone too?

-Everyone must draft a Staff user first. I think if someone ends up w/o a staff user, they'd be in trouble towards the end

What do you think?

Elite mode sounds good.

As far as early staff users go, you missed Nanna. But yeah, any of them, or even Sara or Sleuf if you wanted.

4 people x 12 characters + Leaf + Lara + Evayle sounds good.

I'm thinking we should just remove Xavier. No one would want to recruit him.

What about Gaidens? Should they all be optional?

Edited by Ham Sandwich

A draft playthrough with 5 people might be tricky, fatigue would be nasty. Arrangements might have to be made. Maybe two rounds of drafts? Something like having an A and B squad, where each character has an "understudy". Just an idea.

I'd be up for it though; albeit with a poor survival rank :P.

4 players might be better, so you get 12 characters each, Lifis, Lara, Galzus free? Probably Eyvel in the first chapters too.

Have the first 4 picks be mandatory between Saphy, Salem, Tina, Linoan? Unless I'm forgetting someone.

Elite Mode would also be a possibility to curb the difficulty a bit.

It would be interesting, though, to say the least. I would be interested in at least giving it a shot.

Edited by Silvercrow

I'd be game-/shot

I'd actually finish a FE5 draft.

I think that Elite mode should be done; it's hard for most people to complete FE5 with out it, and with such a small team...!

I'm assuming when you say 'Staff Users' you mean the units Silvercrow is referring to, and not any sage who can use a staff. You know, Sety, Cyas.

I was already thinking about this last night. :awesome:

It would probably be Evayl free, and Lara free for just chapter 4, since people might not go to 2x if their stupid/want to save turns. Elite would be a good idea.

I would allow meat shielding, but disallow units getting captured that were undrafted, the exception being you can leave one unit behind at Conomore/Amalda's chapter if you want to go to 21x.

@Iris

I thought Cyas was a High Priest.

Imo, all gaidens should be mandatory.

Possible exception: 24x? I've never actually gotten that far in FE5 but....

Anyway, if anyone goes ahead with this, sign me up.

Edited by Silvercrow

Well the idea behind skipping it would be that it's too resource heavy if you want to guarantee a high rate of success, and that it forces you to recruit Sara even if you're not using her. Doesn't really have anything to do with Eyvel.

Eh. I'm just saying I don't think you have to go to it. But if your for not fighting more warlords.

I mean, I'd probably go to most Gaiden chapters except for 8x cause it doesn't really have much and it's a hassle. I'd be willing to go make the thread if your interested though.

@Zomb - Cyas is High Priest. Replace 'Sage' with anyone who can use a staff. I was too lazy to edit.

FE5 Elite mode is more and more definite in my mind.