Pixel's Sprites

Pixels

Might as well get this over with, I love to sprite for a hobby, and I really can't do anything other than splices...

I started Splicing around one and a half years ago, and I just enjoy doing it, I was inspired to splice after seeing MK404's FE7 Hack, and I was a huge fan of Fire Emblem for years before then.

Most of my stuff, oldest crap was deleted and I have lost my flashdrive with other mugs on it as well

My biggest problem is shading, and I am hopefully getting a bit better, but I KNOW my older stuff is pillow-shaded

someolderstuf.png

Oldest Stuff I can find

kindaold.png

Still Kinda Old

relativelyolderyetnew.png

My little brother requested these, not too proud of them...

personalmug.png

Old and my recently found newer personal mug, my newest personal mug is with my lost flashdrive :(

recentmugs.png

I just recently got back into mugging, and as my signature shows, these are brand new

The girl on the far right was for the contest, and I just made her, the man who looks like Cormag is supposed to be Cormag's Grandson, with Cormag's armor on.

EDIT: Ah Yes...

shantaclaus.png

SHANTA CLAUSH!!! (Older Mug)

There ya go, sure to be updated soon

Edited by Pixels

While the shading is indeed ... subpar, the main problem is working out what fits with what. Because literally nothing fits cleanly, 'save perhaps for Guy With Dozla's Beard and even then...well, for one, his eyes. For a START.

You just need to know when something will ... LOOK right, and when it won't. Because this is a serious problem showing up in basically all of your sprites. Overall they just look lumpen and misshapen. I get the feeling you're going for needless complexity. Don't do this! This is just going to result in pain. Speaking as a distinctly average spriter, my only real success was still fairly simple, and it stands up to more complex works just because everything fits smoothly. (It's my avatar right now, after a couple edits courtesy of Astra)

So yeah, just aim for something less...ambitious, and work your way up. It's quick for some, slower for most, and unless you have some kind of background in art it's rare you'll be able to fly before you can crawl.

Yeah.

Edited by Furetchen