Splitting Speed

Alondite

Would it be possible for someone to split the Speed stat? I know that Str has been split into Str and Mag in the GBA games (or at least of one them), but would it be possible to split speed into an attack speed stat, and then something like agility that determines evasiveness? The hack I'm working on is supposed to be more "real" statistically. Like how Athos should not even be faster than a level 1 Lyn (I mean really...), but his mastery of magic should still give him a fast casting/attack speed.

A rather crude solution would be to give the luck of evadey characters a major boost, that way they'd dodge more compared to their low lucked friends. On the downside, it'd mess up critical hits to an extent.

It would be as feasible as the other split you are referring to.

Note that the particular hack described above was not very feasible.

It's perfectly feasible. In fact, it's 90% done and it plays very well. I'm not an idiot, I know a fair bit about game design and balance.

What I don't know is how to do said splitting of the speed stat. Has anyone made a patch that does such a thing, or is there anyone who would be interested in doing so?

Dude. Don't fuck with Hextator Alex Xeld Juggalo Obviam. He designed 80% of these tools we all take for granted.

And the patch in question does NOT work very well. The patch that has actually been released basically makes MAG = STR. It allows physical units to use magic without messing the game up, and vice versa. The other patch (Nintenlord's) is glitched as fuck.

So if your idea involves splitting the speed up as the released patch does, it would totally defeat the purpose. Your "agility" would equal your "speed" regardless. The other patch would have one stat steadily rising after every battle.