(FE7) Yet another Draft: FE7

13th

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, snap. I missed that.

EDIT: Woah, yeah, that was awhile ago. Don't know how I missed that.

Edited by Spectakitty

Well, if we're going by that logic we may as well restart the draft. I know I lost Ninian to confusion, Kitty lost Eliwood to confusion, Paperblade lost Lowen to the Marcus debacle...

Well, if we're going by that logic we may as well restart the draft. I know I lost Ninian to confusion, Kitty lost Eliwood to confusion, Paperblade lost Lowen to the Marcus debacle...

I like how 13 hasn't lost anything yet like that... coincidence?

I like how 13 hasn't lost anything yet like that... coincidence?

Why would you want a team where almost everyone is locked to swords

Edit: I also agree with the terms and conditions Crow put forth, so aye.

I'm also confused. Are we restarting the draft or what.

Double Edit: There should be a limit on turn counts for gaidens so that people don't boss abuse or whatnot. I'm mostly concerned about 19x and Night of Farewells

Edited by Paperblade

- Gaidens are exempted from your turn count, except for 17x and 31x.

Why exactly are these two special? Is it because you recruit characters there? If you ask me, I'd think it would be the other way around (especially since whoever drafts Karla will not, in all likelihood, even bother recruiting her regardless unless they also happen to have Bartre already. She's already bad enough, giving her a 6 turn hole is just atrocious). I'm not in this anyway, so if everyone's fine with it this way, there's no reason for me to object, but my personal suggestion would just be to put a free limit on all Gaidens together, like 25 turns overall or something.

Why exactly are these two special? Is it because you recruit characters there? If you ask me, I'd think it would be the other way around (especially since whoever drafts Karla will not, in all likelihood, even bother recruiting her regardless unless they also happen to have Bartre already. She's already bad enough, giving her a 6 turn hole is just atrocious). I'm not in this anyway, so if everyone's fine with it this way, there's no reason for me to object, but my personal suggestion would just be to put a free limit on all Gaidens together, like 25 turns overall or something.

It wasn't my rule. I would have given a 20 turn cap or so on every gaiden.

It wasn't my rule. I would have given a 20 turn cap or so on every gaiden.

20 seems like a lot. All of them can be reasonably beaten within 15 on any normal run, and it can't be much different here. I suggested an overall turn limit for them so you have to choose which ones to go to over others and how long you take on them.

Remember that 17x and 31x have Arenas, though. So exceptions will have to be made for those.

Not necessarily. It just means that the player can choose whether or not they spend time on them (although it only really applies to 17x) over others.

I'd sooner say 31x should just be free/required for everyone, honestly. There's no requirement for it, it's always 6 turns, and it really is just there for stocking up on items and getting a bit of extra training in.

Not necessarily. It just means that the player can choose whether or not they spend time on them (although it only really applies to 17x) over others.

I'd sooner say 31x should just be free/required for everyone, honestly. There's no requirement for it, it's always 6 turns, and it really is just there for stocking up on items and getting a bit of extra training in.

There's always the option of spending the 20 turns in that Arena, and then skipping the rest of the Gaidens and making a mockery of the rest of the game with their overpowered character/s. This is Normal Mode, after all.

I agree that 31x should be free, though. I just don't like the idea of '20 turns for Gaidens'.

There's always the option of spending the 20 turns in that Arena, and then skipping the rest of the Gaidens and making a mockery of the rest of the game with their overpowered character/s. This is Normal Mode, after all.

I agree that 31x should be free, though. I just don't like the idea of '20 turns for Gaidens'.

Especially since the only people that can realistically arena abuse in 17x are Integ and Kitty, since arena abusing without healers = lol

All Gaidens mandatory, all add to turncounts. Do it FE6 style.

Why not?

This is fine too, although I would say that Genesis shouldn't be required because it has a tough requirement if you're low-turning (and if you don't have any healers).

You can't even spend that many turns in there because you need to get to it first, which, on normal mode, is probably reasonable to assume by ~7 turns. Depending on your team, 13 turns with an arena (and not even a Dancer around to help out) isn't going to help you roflstomp the game much anyway, especially if a good amount of your team is later joiners (notable players: Fiora, Heath, Dart, Rath, Farina). If it's not free, spending all that time could also mean either not getting to stock up on 31x or taking a 6 turn penalty to do so.

This is fine too, although I would say that Genesis shouldn't be required because it has a tough requirement if you're low-turning (and if you don't have any healers).

Point made. All the Gaidens are forced except Genesis, which is expressly prohibited?

And 19xx, considering how impossible it is without LM.

Nobody should even get the prompt to get 19xx. I just assumed it was assumed to not exist in drafts.

EDIT: Though, seems assuming gets dangerous in this draft...

Edited by Integrity