Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it'd be easy to remember little bits and pieces of the rules if we did things like this more often

You guys know I don't normally get on til 6 or 7 EST, right? Anyway, I'll take the three points off. Incredibly simple, no? :P:

You know it'd be easy to remember little bits and pieces of the rules if we did things like this more often

You guys know I don't normally get on til 6 or 7 EST, right? Anyway, I'll take the three points off. Incredibly simple, no? :P:

But... those points are now valid since... agh... >_> *QAAM'ed*

I'm to pissed to post right now. That's 20 points down the drain because of YOUR fetish for dodgy characters. Here's this alleged 'counter' to them, and guess what? It fails. Either re consider how you make characters, grant me some lee-way here because if this attack doesn't connect Shadrak will officially be behind. (I don't care if I have to take the hit of 'the exhertion caused forces Shadrak unconcious' or something. Cause Phee, there was NO better way to handle this situaion, this was, quite literally, the BEST option the party even has access too, and it failed. That's just wrong.

1: Don't complain about failed tactics when you're the one that ignored the margin for a miss and blindly assumed you couldn't roll a 1. This has the potential to happen, period.

2: Don't complain about Shadrak falling behind. You didn't have to buy the stims. You didn't have to use 2/3 of them in one battle. You didn't have to aim for Colin with that attack. People who purchase items are going to naturally have fewer points to spend, that's how this works.

3: It was a good strategy, but that doesn't mean it couldn't fail. You invested a lot in it and I'm sorry it didn't work out ... but how about this ... how about instead of pouting, you get back in the channel and discuss any potential back up plans. It's better than crying over fundamentals every time something doesn't go your way.

4: You've got ten more minutes to post and then I'm going to stop holding up the player phase and finish your post for you.

Now, back to more important matters, this was the single most important event in the RP for Shadrak this was going to be the one big moment that actually put Shadrak on the map, Cynthia, the HEALER, has her dragon, Gytha the questionably intelligent berserker sailor, has the first dodge tank, Amon has crazy light brand chick, this was supposed to be my big moment, and it was torn away from me, I have nothing. Chelsea was down, he'd spent 2 turns building it up, EVERYONE was waiting for that big hit... All of it was for naught, and wasted, and I'm pretty sure NO ONE would care if you tilted the situation so that he got the hit in. I'd accept almost any level of penalty just to get that moment back. This is supposed to be about FUN, okay, this, this is the antithesis of fun.

To be fair, Gabbie would have slapped the crap out of Shadrak for killing an enemy they were supposed to capture.

EDIT:

Also I would care. I don't like bending the rules just because a calculated risk took a wrong turn.

Edited by Phoenix

I understand why you are mad Z. You spent points on that stim, points that could have been used for other things, and you finally had a chance to have Shadrak shine and become someone of importance, and it all slipped you by because of a bad dice roll. However, getting mad isn't going to help anyone out. Please don't leave.

'Getting mad isn't gonig to help anyone' YOu do realise Anger is what makes the world go 'round right?

Good case that I'm sure we all know, the revolutionary war, what was it about? English Colonists getting Angry at England.

Phee, when was the crossbow's MT changed? It used to use all of skill, now it only uses 80%. Was this while I was gone? This really gimps Valter. ;__;

EDIT: If it really is 80% of skill can I ditch it somehow and get something else? >_> The precise bow has better hit and would have the same MT.

Like, will there be a weapons bazaar thing again where I can sell it for full points?

Edited by roymbrog

ZSword calm yourself.... in case you haven't noticed. Both Chelsea and Shadrak can have the same... dragon-thing. I'm actually not sure.....

But if you need a new stim, I'd be happy to buy one for you. Because I respect you. *Huggles*

Also, I'm going to strangle RNG for being a bitch. And a Troll.

RNG: Trololololo

Chelsea: JUST YOU WAIT BITCH!!! I'M TAKING YOU DOWN!!!! Fashionably of course.

This ending sucked..... so MUCH. Why!?

Wait... What? Crossbows were weak enough! Already giving up counters and my ability to have my first shot uncountered as well as being countered by ranged units even if it was their 'uncountered' turn. Now on top of that, this? What gives?

I think they were trying to move it in line with the ranged lances and axes. They use like 80% of Str. However, the other ranged weaponry also makes it easier to double, so Crossbows are still gimped.

Correction, only the lance of the same tier uses 80%. Lemme C&P the descriptions for the weapons.

Crossbow: 70

An automatic bow. This is a Special Ranged Weapon, using 80% of the wielders' Skill stat to determine Might. Along with that, the user cannot counter at Melee range.

Short Spear: 60

A short throwing spear that is classified as a Ranged Weapon. It uses 80% of the wielder's Strength to calculate Might if attacking at range, but otherwise functions normally. This weapon allows the wielder to double the foe when the wielder's speed is 170% of the foes', and allows the wielder to triple the foe when the wielder has 350% of the foes' speed. Can be upgraded to a Spear for 40 points. Can be made from a Javelin for 20 points.

Short Axe: 60

A good throwing axe that is classified as a Range Weapon. It uses all of the wielder's strength to calculate Might at any range. Can upgrade to a Tomahawk for 40 points. Can be upgraded to with a Hand Axe and 20 points.

So the Crossbow not only costs more, it's less useful.

Edited by roymbrog

Not to mention Robin was, literally, built around the crossbow. She's already a glass canon beforehand and has died every fight except one (which wasn't so much 'surviving' as 'not being targeted long enough for the rest of the group to win'), and now her 'bang' is being taken away?

I think the trade off is that Crossbow allows you to use 1 stat(Skill) to increase both Hit and Mt for High Ski, low Str characters like Thief, Myrm, Archers.

For Throwing Spears and Axes, you need to invest in Str to actually deal damage...and Skill to hit. Crossbow allows you to free up stat points to invest in other stats. How many characters can boast having about as much Mt as Robin, and still hit accurately with decent Speed?