Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

Hmm, did Raquel just commented on what John was thinking? It kinda looked like that to me. lol

That's it, I'm switching to Italics like everyone else! *XLAM'ed* Actually, I think it's for the better anyway.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a lot of iron sales, that's for sure ...

Anyway, it's a bit of a cross between a food festival, and arts festival. The whole thing got underway when people started using those rocks to send up prayers and wishes, and the overwhelming majority of wishes in the early days were for plentiful crops and good hunts. Since the rocks are usually decorated as well, art quickly works its way into the equation.

Most of what you can expect are people selling food, various handmade trinkets or works of art (festival themed most likely) and events would be similar.

Off the top of my head: eating contests, cook offs, some galleries, etc. There's not a strict set of rules for what kind of events take place, but they should generally be festival themed.

Yes, Snowy, you can have your archery contest :-_-:

Actually, smallish wagon. Should only be able to hold 5 people as I understand it (due to lots of stuff being carried around back there) and room enough for maybe 10(?) atop. Hence why most of the characters (if I have this right) are actually outside the wagon talking.

As I understand it, the list is as follows (for those outside the wagon taslking to those inside and outside): Gytha, Raquel, Amon, Robin, Veronika, Nadya, John.

Those inside: Ranyin, Atusko, Siv, Shadrak.

Just because people go to the wagon does not mean they go in.

Wait, they aren't? Did I missed someone stating going outside then? I remember Phoenix had Raquel go inside considering interaction with Siv and all that, but that seemed to be. But now I'm not sure... if there was a mention of them going outside... *goes to check*

Actually, smallish wagon. Should only be able to hold 5 people as I understand it (due to lots of stuff being carried around back there) and room enough for maybe 10(?) atop. Hence why most of the characters (if I have this right) are actually outside the wagon talking.

As I understand it, the list is as follows (for those outside the wagon taslking to those inside and outside): Gytha, Raquel, Amon, Robin, Veronika, Nadya, John.

Those inside: Ranyin, Atusko, Siv, Shadrak.

Just because people go to the wagon does not mean they go in.

It'd be best to keep the maximum amount of people that can actually fit inside to five or less. The reason is because even though the dimensions aren't set in stone yet, Sandrock and Riley have to be able to pull this thing and until the wagon becomes an airship or whatever, it can't be more than a certain size and weight(which still may be off frankly). Given all the equipment already inside(likely packed to the sides so people can get in/out and to things and all the way to the back, five seems about right, though don't expect five to be comfortable with everyone sitting around in a circle conversing.

Sadly the closest comparison to this wagon I could find was a picture of a 17' uhaul truck. A 20 footer might also work though it's a little big.

http://www.americasafeandsound.com/Hauppauge%20U-haul%20Truck%20Rental%20Safe%20N'%20Sound_files/truck17dim.gif

Similarities to the wagon:

-Enclosed in the front, sides, and roof. Back currently covered by thick heavy weather proof curtains.

-Height is only a few feet off. The wagon also has some ladders on both sides for getting up to the roof.

-Basically just a gigantic box unlike the traditional soft roof wagon.

Things not similar:

-Horse driven.

-Made of wood.

-Much larger wheels positioned on the outside rather than directly underneath.

-Fully Upgradable.

Wait, they aren't? Did I missed someone stating going outside then? I remember Phoenix had Raquel go inside considering interaction with Siv and all that, but that seemed to be. But now I'm not sure... if there was a mention of them going outside... *goes to check*

Nah, Raquel's outside he wagon. It's a big wagon but voices can travel well enough to talk to someone who's inside from outside. I took the wagon size into account and was eventually going to bring this up myself. Alas, sleep was more important.

I've got a cheap work around to this I've been working on but it won't be able to come into play until we reach Weyland so for now try not to kill the horses, kay, folks? :lol:

Edited by Phoenix

Ah, good to see that is cleared up.

I've got a cheap work around to this I've been working on but it won't be able to come into play until we reach Weyland so for now try not to kill the horses, kay, folks? :lol:

No Phoenix! The least we need is to fuel Rothene's airship ambitions! :o: *QAAM'ed*

Edited by Acacia Sgt

No Phoenix! The least we need is to fuel Rothene's airship ambitions! :o: *QAAM'ed*

Idea getters gon ... get ideas ...? :unsure:

-Fully Upgradable.

Oooh! Can we attach spinners to the wheels? Maybe some hydraulics and a mink-skin interior?

Uh ... ask Raquel.

Yaaay! Either this has come up before and I remembered/payed attention or just somehow guessed basicly everything right. This makes me happy. ^_^