if sigrun dies...

rigadoog

I agree that she's useful in part 4 for carrying people around and it's unlikely that you'll have anyone else to take her place, but she's annoying and takes the place of someone who could do better throughout all of part 3 in my opinion. Also, she can definitely die in 4-3, i just played that.

Edited by rigadoog

I agree that she's useful in part 4 for carrying people around and it's unlikely that you'll have anyone else to take her place, but she's annoying and takes the place of someone who could do better throughout all of part 3 in my opinion. Also, she can definitely die in 4-3, i just played that.

She's forced. She never takes anyone's place.

However, if the makers didn't design it to have her, there's no guarantee they'd give you the same # of slots. If she didn't exist, that extra slot isn't there. You can't know one way or the other. However, in the game that was made, that is HER slot, so she's not robbing anybody of a slot.

However, if the makers didn't design it to have her, there's no guarantee they'd give you the same # of slots. If she didn't exist, that extra slot isn't there. You can't know one way or the other. However, in the game that was made, that is HER slot, so she's not robbing anybody of a slot.

Actually, if Sigrun were able to die in 4-P, we'd be able to test out whether or not forced slots in general could theoretically be replaced. This would be useful in tier lists where characters are judged on how much harder the game would be if the character theoretically didn't exist. This is necessary to determine whether a forced slot is a good thing or a bad thing. If a forced slot is in fact irreplaceable, they're a good thing because it allows for free usage. If they were theoretically replaceable, however, forced slots are probably a bad thing because the ability to be replaced by someone better is a good thing (non-forced bad characters can take a bit of the credit of the better characters who can replace them).

Since it sounds like this can't be tested with Sigrun, can it be tested with someone else? What about Skrimir? Is his slot in 4-3 replaced if he dies in 4-P?

I'm pretty sure every single unit that is ever forced is a "game ends" if they die (or, more importantly if they are forced after the chapter they die in). So it's not relevant.

If you could somehow get by 4-P without having a game over while getting rid of Sigrun (through hacking), I'm sure you'd be able to fill her spot. When she's there, she's forced to be included but is part of the list. Like, the 3/14 or whatever it says when you dump everyone but Micaiah and the other forced units. So if she wasn't there she wouldn't take the spot and you'd be at 2/14. However, that wasn't relevant. I'm saying if the designers didn't decide to force Sigrun into that chapter, there is no guarantee they'd give you x unit slots. They may have decided x-1 slots. But regardless of what they would have done, Sigrun herself is forced, so there's no reason to think "gee I wish I could fill her slot with someone else". It is, for all intents and purposes (minus hacking), her slot.

I'm saying if the designers didn't decide to force Sigrun into that chapter, there is no guarantee they'd give you x unit slots. They may have decided x-1 slots. But regardless of what they would have done, Sigrun herself is forced, so there's no reason to think "gee I wish I could fill her slot with someone else". It is, for all intents and purposes (minus hacking), her slot.

Good point. Since we'll never know how this would have worked, though, I feel that having a forced slot shouldn't be considered an advantage or a disadvantage. It may be her slot, but since we're not sure whether that's because she's "free" or because she's "greedy," there's no way to judge her.

Edited by Kinata

she's free and useful whenever she's forced ^_^ it works in her favor.

Plus it's not so bad when you can promote her earlier than any other character in the game. =3