(FE7) Screw over your opponent draft tourney fe7

HongLei

Edit: What's the official ruling on Marcus? If it's open to change, I'd prefer Marcus use be restricted after a certain point, since at times he makes drafted units irrelevant when he's largely soloing maps and single handedly defining turncounts. Probably should've brought this up earlier, but oh well.

I say free use sounds fair to me, it is screw over your opponent so we can vote on it

Jean I already know you will vote no ban on Marcus considering he's one of your few units who can use something other than swords

EDIT: Jean look at the brightside now all the rest of the sword units are good

@HongLei: Harken can use axes.

And swords

Edited by HongLei

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll vote no ban on Marcus since it gets me excited just thinking of what he can do with Ninian and Nils.

I love this reasoning. lol

I vote no ban. For God's sake no ban. Also, HongLei, I was looking at the bright side of Harken. Don't be a buzz-kill. :P

Draft pool

Raven

Priscilla

Oswin

Sain

Kent

Lowen

Florina

Pent

Lucius

Fiora

Heath

Drafting order and Characters:

1 13_master_x Matthew, Vaida, Dorcas, Bartre, Guy, Hawkeye

2 Paperblade Nino, Jaffar, Isadora, Canas, Farina, Dart

3 Jean Karla, Karel, Louise, Legault, Harken, Lyn

4 WeaponsofMassConstruction Renault, Wallace, Rath, Rebecca, Eliwood, Serra

5 Xander Geitz, Wil, Nils, Ninian, Erk

Up next: 13_master_x

As for the banning of Marcus

13_master_x ?

Paperblade yes

Jean no

WeaponsofMassConstuction?

Xander no

Ruling: undecided will probably come down to WeaponsofMassConstruction's vote considering how good 13_master_x's early game team looks

The reason I personally think banning Marcus is silly:

It is normally accepted in other drafts that Marcus is a free unit. This may not be reason enough, but you must look at the natures of the other drafts as well. They are trying to put together as good a team as possible. They will be not needing Marcus sooner than anyone participating in this draft would. In this draft, we are trying to put together the worst teams possible for our opponents. Look at some of our characters. So far, if Marcus were to be banned at some point, he'd have to be banned really late for anyone (except perhaps 13_master_x) to stand a chance in HHM, and most likely would not be ORKOing enemies anymore. The entire idea just seems a little ridiculous to me. This is just my reasoning that I hope others. (And if he is banned, Ch. 14 is WAY too early.)

The difference between Marcus and 6 units and Marcus and no units is negligible for the first 10 or so chapters. Allowing Marcus to be free for an extended period of time lessens the effect of your drafting.

It's the same reason Seth is banned in 8.

Edited by Paperblade

Personally I say no banning but I already put it up for vote and I agree with Jean about the nature of the draft and this isn't fe8 I've had my Marcus die several times around ch16~20 granted I take many unnessessary risks

The difference between Marcus and 6 units and Marcus and no units is negligible for the first 10 or so chapters. Allowing Marcus to be free for an extended period of time lessens the effect of your drafting.

It's the same reason Seth is banned in 8.

Thanks to Marcus low growths (aside from skill and hp), the difference between Marcus and 6 units and Marcus and no units is negligible not too many chapters after that.

The point is you shouldn't be able to draft Heath/Rath/Pent/Hawkeye/Dart/Fiora/Farina/Karla and do well.

The game might as well start at Chapter 19 if Marcus is to be free all game.

Edit: There are 17 units, not including Hector/Marcus/Merlinus that are available by Turn 1 of Chapter 16 (Chapter 15 is a defend and thus doesn't matter if Marcus is free there or not). This means, that in a 5 man draft, each person will have on average 3 units by the time Marcus is gone, even if we discount archers from being units (deadweight). The only way your team could be bad at this point is if you intentionally chose poorly.

Edited by Paperblade

Worst choices are Heath for Xander amd Fiora for Paper.

I vote Marcus Ban by Chapter 19, as Uhai is almost impossible without good units.

EDIT: Going out of town, Will choose next tomorrow morning

Edited by 13_master_x

Draft pool

Raven

Priscilla

Oswin

Sain

Kent

Lowen

Florina

Pent

Lucius

2 Paperblade Nino, Jaffar, Isadora, Canas, Farina, Dart, Fiora

3 Jean Karla, Karel, Louise, Legault, Harken, Lyn

4 WeaponsofMassConstruction Renault, Wallace, Rath, Rebecca, Eliwood, Serra

5 Xander Geitz, Wil, Nils, Ninian, Erk, Heath

Up next: Paperblade

As for the banning of Marcus

13_master_x yes

Paperblade yes

Jean no

WeaponsofMassConstuction?

Xander no

Ruling: undecided will probably come down to WeaponsofMassConstruction's vote considering how good 13_master_x's early game team looks I was right

Paperblade why do you want to ban Marcus as of now he is your only unit besides canas before 19

Ps I'm going out of town in about 2 hours so hopefully you guys don't need me for anything Weapons will decide the fate of Marcus

Edited by HongLei

I'm terrified with respect to both of these.

I honestly have no idea how Weapons will pick but you will probably get Kent unless they finally want to break their pattern and give you Pricilla or Lucius

I never said you couldn't make deals via pm I wonder if anyone has made any

I'm just about ready to leave and won't be on for a while so if Marcus is banned argue and make a decision without me personally I say if banned then ban after the end of Dragons gate then everyone has at least 2 characters drafted at that point

The reason I personally think banning Marcus is silly:

It is normally accepted in other drafts that Marcus is a free unit. This may not be reason enough, but you must look at the natures of the other drafts as well. They are trying to put together as good a team as possible. They will be not needing Marcus sooner than anyone participating in this draft would. In this draft, we are trying to put together the worst teams possible for our opponents. Look at some of our characters. So far, if Marcus were to be banned at some point, he'd have to be banned really late for anyone (except perhaps 13_master_x) to stand a chance in HHM, and most likely would not be ORKOing enemies anymore. The entire idea just seems a little ridiculous to me. This is just my reasoning that I hope others. (And if he is banned, Ch. 14 is WAY too early.)

The problem with Marcus being free use is that you have chapters like 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22 where the strategy for the lowest turn count simply involves Marcus rushing the ever-loving fuck out of the map, possibly while carrying Hector. The point is to add more difficulty and at the same time give greater worth to your picks. I've done a draft before where Marcus was cut off before 14, and while it was a challenge (though I blame this more on my picks and the rng screwage), it was also the most fun FE7 draft I've done. It certainly isn't going to end up where the game is going to be unbeatable, and the backwards nature of this draft makes things appear worse than they seem.

I'd prefer Marcus be cut off after 15, since 14 is that much of a pain in the ass and 15 is defend. I suppose if Uhai is enough of a problem, he can be deployed there just to kill him.

My only problem with the Marcus ban is Marcus rush in 16 may be the ONLY possible strategy for some people depending on the way the draft goes.

I say as the host man guy Marcus ban after Uhai's death

Florina

If it helps:

[spoiler=Draft Pool]Raven

Priscilla

Oswin

Sain

Kent

Lowen

Pent

2 Paperblade Nino, Jaffar, Isadora, Canas, Farina, Dart, Fiora

3 Jean Karla, Karel, Louise, Legault, Harken, Lyn, Lucius

4 WeaponsofMassConstruction Renault, Wallace, Rath, Rebecca, Eliwood, Serra, Florina

5 Xander Geitz, Wil, Nils, Ninian, Erk, Heath

Edited by ∫ean