(FE7) Screw over your opponent draft tourney fe7

HongLei

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFUUUUUU--- Another sword-user. Better than the others left. Ah well. (And no healer until I can promote Lucius.)

Lowen

Edit for end of draft:

It helps me, so I'll do this again:

Drafting order and Characters:

1 13_master_x - Matthew, Vaida, Dorcas, Bartre, Guy, Hawkeye, Kent, Sain

2 Paperblade - Nino, Jaffar, Isadora, Canas, Farina, Dart, Fiora, Lowen

3 Jean - Karla, Karel, Louise, Legault, Harken, Lyn, Lucius, Raven

4 WeaponsofMassConstruction - Renault, Wallace, Rath, Rebecca, Eliwood, Serra, Florina, Oswin

5 Xander - Geitz, Wil, Nils, Ninian, Erk, Heath, Priscilla, Pent

Edited by ∫ean

Spoiler tags suck.

Chapter 11: 7 turns

Matthew opens the door and Hector runs. For some reason it seems every time I play this game, Hector's first level up nets res.

Chapter 12: 5 turns

Everybody trades Marcus their stuff and Marcus cuts up to help Hector and Oswin. Eliwood deals with the straggler bandits and Becca goes up to get the Secret Book, but doesn't sell it because it's disrespectful to accept a gift from a stranger and turn around and pawn it at a shop walking distance away. Went with Hand Axe over Wolf Beil for conservation, but those hit rates are terrible. Forgot I had Serra, but that probably wouldn't change anything.

Chapter 13: 6 turns

Marcus destroys the south and eventually ends up smacking Boies with an iron axe. Everyone else messed around up north and killed some pegs. Hector fording the river was the fastest thing I came up with and stuff fell in place.

Edited by WeaponsofMassConstruction

I'm getting completely wrecked by Ch14. I don't even know if a Hector + Marcus solo is possible while still keeping Erk and Serra alive, and Serra out of combat, does anyone have any suggestions?

A different approach could be: Don't deploy Serra. Have Hector rescue NPC Erk and get into a forest or in a corner. Marcus takes on the majority of the map, his priority being to keep Priscilla's village safe from pirates and bandits. Killing the boss stops reinforcements. I'm not sure if you have to talk to Erk with Priscilla to make them both join, or if just leaving the village intact while keeping Erk alive is enough, but either way Priscilla can talk to him to recruit him.

Thank you General Horace, I was finally able to do ch 14, though it wasn't pretty.

Ch 11: 7 turns

Standard stuff here. Matthew opens the door and Hector does his thing with the hand axe. Luckily, he managed to dodge the boss on enemy phase.

Ch 12: 6 turns

I've definately been screwed this draft...only Hector and Marcus wasn't easy, and it took about 3 tries, but once I knew what to do it was pretty simple. Marcus got some weapons from Eliwood's crew and ran up to assist Hector, cutting down enemies in his way.

Ch 13: 7 turns

This took a few tries, because Guy was a douche and kept crit-killing Marcus. Eventually though, he didn't crit. I guess I couldve done this in 6 turns, but on turn 6 an enemy cavalier was blocking Hector's path to the seize.

Ch 14: 10 turns

This took a while, but I had Serra talk to Erk and then had Lowen rescue Serra. Meanwhile Hector and Marcus cleaned house. I guess this could have been as few as 8 turns, but Hector kept missing the last enemy which was a merc, and Marcus took two turns to get into position to kill it.

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif unfortunately I'm stuck on ch 16 now, so that's probably all I'll get done today. Can anyone tell me how I can avoid taking penalties by keeping Lyn's group out of combat? The enemies near their position can attack by turn 2, and there's no way I'm making it down there in time to avoid penalties. Edited by Xander

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif unfortunately I'm stuck on ch 16 now, so that's probably all I'll get done today. Can anyone tell me how I can avoid taking penalties by keeping Lyn's group out of combat? The enemies near their position can attack by turn 2, and there's no way I'm making it down there in time to avoid penalties.

You can field Marcus and, if you're able to keep him out of combat, bring him down so he's closer to the Mercenaries than Lyn's group is, and they'll go towards him.

Not sure if that works in Hard mode, but it worked for me in the Normal mode draft.

Okay I'm back

Posted Today, 06:46 PM

So... anybody up for that Round 2?

Just start a new topic people will come to you and join

unfortunately I'm stuck on ch 16 now, so that's probably all I'll get done today. Can anyone tell me how I can avoid taking penalties by keeping Lyn's group out of combat? The enemies near their position can attack by turn 2, and there's no way I'm making it down there in time to avoid penalties.

This post has been edited by Xander: Today, 07:45 PM

Have Marcus run like there's no tomorrow to save Lyn and Wil, and have will in the Pegs range he can kill them on the counter I don't think he can survive 2 javs but he can take one with a steel bow and OHKO on the counter and OHKO for his turn while K&S carry a useless Lyn to Oswin. See if that works.

Now that the draft is started do you still want Marcus ban you haven't got to where you lose him yet and 22 is evil with Marcus. No one has gotten to where he is no longer available yet so I believe a rule change is fair if 13_master_x, WeaponsofMassConstruction, or Paperblade want the change.

Wil can survive two Javelins at base iirc, but I don't think Steel Bow OHKOs. It's pretty close though.

Oh sorry I was thinking he could never mind

I'm going to change the Marcus banning to no banning because he starts to become obsolete due to his low growths anyway by ch 22

Edited by HongLei

I was just noticing as I was playing through the dt I'm in that my Marcus is becoming pretty bad and seems to be getting quite a bit worse every chapter starting at 22, so I figure if you have him until 20 you might as well keep him, unless you really want him banned