My sprites from me.

BlackShadow

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the shading needed? And any more tips that aren't too hurtful?

impossible, if you want to be a good spriter, you're gonna have to learn how to take criticism

[spoiler=example] Screen1-1.png

Your sprite needs shading near the forehead, reference Eli's older mug for it. There is also those two stray red pixels near the left eye(our pov). Move the head up a couple of pixels so that the neck is visible, again reference eli's mug for that. Move the chin up one pixel as well.

diamongoodies.png

Which is better?

The right skin tone is better. Not sure if you had planned on fixing it or not, but the rest of the outline on the clothes and the body is lighter than that around the head. I can give some more critique if you want.

The right skin tone is better. Not sure if you had planned on fixing it or not, but the rest of the outline on the clothes and the body is lighter than that around the head. I can give some more critique if you want.

Sure go ahead.

Sure go ahead.

Okay. First the one that doesn't need a reference, basically the colors. Stick to FE7 or 8 colors because mixing them together can create an unattractive result. The outline around the head is FE8's outline. If you go with that outline, make the rest of the colors FE8 (which includes changing the skin color as well). Also, there needs to be some more shading under the headband. Anyway, the rest of the stuff isn't as simple for me to point out. Here is a very large(!) picture for easy reference (I'll use the one on the right since the difference between the two seems to be only skintones):

editboxes.png

Red box: Fir's ponytail is visible. Erase all of it.

Orange box: Missing an outline.

Blue box: Small green dots outside of the lines.

Purple box: Ears are a different color from the rest of the skin (make sure to stick to one). It is also too close to the eye, so move it to the right a bit.

Pink boxes: Small shading fixes.

Yellow box: A very dark green color here that is not present in the rest of the hair.

Of course this is only what I noticed. . . so there may be some other things I missed. Hope it helps at least a little bit.

Also, not sure if you know about the easy way to recolor or not is. Here is a link to a video tutorial another member of SF made since I have a hard time explaining it: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=23568

I took into account what you said, Cymbeline and this is the result and a new Dorothy.

diamongoodies.png

There are still at least two different outline colors. But that should be an easy fix. Also, there are also two different skin color sets, and the problem with the ear still being too close to the eye.

As for the second one, there needs to be a little bit more shading under the necklace. The bow on her head is a little out of perspective, as the left side of it should be smaller than the right given the way her head is turned. However, I think it's actually rather cleanly spliced, so you are improving.

Shinon's ponytail is defying gravity more than hair should be. Tormod's cape needs outline. Also, the portrait has 2 different FE outline colors. This is becoming a problem XD

EDIT: Upon further inspection, I think I see all 3 FE outline colors on there ._.

Edited by Joerachi

Are the rest good?

Blackshadow, they really aren't.

All those characters don't look a thing like their battle models in FE9 or FE10.

You should give their character art another look, or look at some screens of the battle models and try a little more than this.