Mapping Competition

Chocolate Kitty

So the rules for this are fairly simple, follow the guidelines and that's about it. :P Ask for clarification if needed.

Guidelines:

-Make your maps original, don't copy/steal someone else's design.

-Stick to the tileset given, no color swaps.

-Stick to the size given, I may or may not check this. Honor system.

-16 colors and hack box sized :P

Tileset, FE8: 18 5A 1A

Size: 24x24, allowed to vary in 1-2 tiles as shown:

26x24, 25x24, 24x26, 24x25, 25x25

OR

22x24, 23x24, 24x22, 24x23, 23x23

Requirements, as selected by Feaw):

- throne with carpet(s)

- at least 3 chests with at least 1 treasure room with a door or cracked wall (there's no max amount of chests or rooms)

- part of outside can be seen (at least 15 tiles)

- needs to have stairs INSIDE the castle (different levels), so entry stairs from the outside don't count (the one-tiled "reinforcement" stairs don't count either, but they're advised)

Oh, provide your size for this round.

Tileset Link

Mappy Link

Due Date: January 18th , day after MLK Day lol why did it take me so long to realise that.

Entries:

Hottie:

week2.png

25x25

SL:

competition_map_week_2.png

25x24

Feaw:

FeawMapContest02.png

25x25

Red Whirlwind:

Castlescrn.jpg

24x24

Radiant Dragon:

CastleOnescrn-2.png

24x26

Seph1212:

sfcompetition1scrn.png

23x23

I should really spoiler tag these... >_>

Edited by Hero of Time

*competition

And why didnt you mention they are my rules? =(((

I wanted to be somewhat of a secret, that's all ;)

If you look at the link, I'm also using you're tileset pictures and links. So Yeah, Errbody thank Feaw for both. I mean it, thank him!

If you are confused, go with 24x24, the original size.

Edited by Hero of Time

Base size is 24x24, but you can deviate from it by 1 or 2 rows. If it's 2, it can only be either horizontal or vertical, so 2 rows to the left, right or 1 to the left and 1 to the right (26x24), but if you do that, vertically it should stay 24. If you want to make it higher, you can add 2 rows on top, bottom, or 1 on top and 1 on bottom (24x26), and if you do that, horizontally it should stay 24.

However, if you make it only 1 wider or higher, it may also be1 higher or wider, so in both directions (25x25).

The same is applied to smaller versions.

It's easier to just read the sizes I gave, just put that in mappy and youre fine.

If you still don't understand that, just stick with 24x24, as HoT said (I know it's a little complicated, but I don't want the maps to deviate too much from the base, and some deviation is allowed).

Edited by Feaw

Base size is 24x24, but you can deviate from it by 1 or 2 rows. If it's 2, it can only be either horizontal or vertical, so 2 rows to the left, right or 1 to the left and 1 to the right (26x24), but if you do that, vertically it should stay 24. If you want to make it higher, you can add 2 rows on top, bottom, or 1 on top and 1 on bottom (24x26), and if you do that, horizontally it should stay 24.

However, if you make it only 1 wider or higher, it may also be1 higher or wider, so in both directions (25x25).

The same is applied to smaller versions.

It's easier to just read the sizes I gave, just put that in mappy and youre fine.

If you still don't understand that, just stick with 24x24, as HoT said (I know it's a little complicated, but I don't want the maps to deviate too much from the base, and some deviation is allowed).

Oh I get what your saying, all right then I'll probably pick 25x25

Hmm? What is it? 25x25 is good.

Your map's good too. I can see some flwas in it, but it's definitely better than your round 1 entry.

I'll probably make mines tomorrow, I've been pretty busy the last few days and don't really feel like mapping right now so.

And uh, why aren't there any more entries yet? People losing interest or what?

Ehh, I think I've made a 50x50 maps once, but I wasn't as good as I am now back then, so it should be no biggie.

But I'll stop bragging now =P.

And 40x40 isn't all that big. Quite a few FE6 maps are like that (though FE 6's maps aren't as good as 7's and 8's, but that's mostly due to the lack of a good mapper (though I really liked the Western Isles maps, 9-11, both routes)).

Blablahblaishouldnttalksomuch

[spoiler=x]ARandomMap4-1.png

Here you go. It's actually 43x36 (GBA's max possible amount of tiles). So I exaggerated a bit (couldn't remember that well).

As you can see it's not that good. Well, it's one of my better old maps, but still, I beat the crap out of it nowadays.

But enough off-topicness, I'll make my map tomorrow probably, and hope the others will make their maps as well.

Well here's mine:

FeawMapContest02.png

I name it chaos castle becuase it's such a complicated thing =3.

It literally was a chaos when I was making it, but I think it dried up pretty well.

It's 25x25, btw.

Edited by Feaw

Well here's mine:

*image*

I name it chaos castle becuase it's such a complicated thing =3.

It literally was a chaos when I was making it, but I think it dried up pretty well.

It's 25x25, btw.

Game, set, match.

You truly do live up to your hype of "best mapper".