(FE7) SOYO (Screw Over Your Opponent) Draft 2

Geriba

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In related news, Chapter 12 is done, completed in 6 Turns. (6/13)

Crap, sorry about the double post, I thought Soul had posted. Derp,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U8v5aOZlWA&feature=youtube_gdata

Edited by General_Horace

Chapter 11

See Horie's video.

Unit      Level HP Str Skl Spd Lck Def Res   Support
Hector    3.85  21  9   5   7   3   9   0

7 turns. [Redone]

Chapter 12

H4xtor placed himself at a house and hand-axed enemies from there. Marcus got up to him to lend him a Vulnerary while he lolstomped through some enemies on his way. Dorcas and Lowen killed the enemies left at the south. Osw1n rescued Matthew. Serra gave away all of her equipment to Osw1n and died.

Marcus got the boss-kill.

Hector    5.61  23 11   6   8   3  10   0
Marcus    1.60  31 15  15  11   8  10   8
Dorcas    3.91  30  7   7   6   3   3   0
Lowen     3.01  24  8   5   7   4   8   1

6 turns.

Chapter 13

Hector and Dorcas made their way to the throne up from the North while Marcus & Lowen took the South.

Hector    6.18  24 12   7   8   3  10   1
Marcus    2.78  32 15  15  11   8  10   8
Dorcas    4.81  31  7   7   6   4   3   0
Lowen     3.68  24  8   5   7   4   8   1

6 turns. [Redone]

Chapter 14

Dorcas took on the Loldiers, the Knight and the Peggies at the starting point. H4xtor & Guy made their way through the upper bridge and helped Marcus & Lowen kill enemies. Guy later went to the South and recruited Priscilla.

Hector    7.33  25 13   8   9   4  10   1
Marcus    3.76  32 15  15  12   9  10   8
Dorcas    7.63  33 10   8   7   5   3   0
Lowen     5.09  26  8   5   8   5   8   2
Guy       6.08  27  8  15  15   6   6   2

7 turns.

Chapter 15

Hector stayed sitting at his throne, and at near the end of the chapter, he would go and cockblock the enemies entering the door to the right. Marcus took on Sealen and most of his with his sexy 2-range action. Dorcas, Lowen & Guy killed the enemies that arrived close to the throne. Matthew got both treasure chests.

Hector    8.13  26 14   8   9   4  11   2
Marcus    4.51  33 16  16  13  10  10   9
Dorcas    8.40  34 11   9   7   5   3   0
Lowen     5.71  26  8   5   8   5   8   2
Guy       6.86  27  8  15  15   6   6   2

7 turns.

Edited by Junes!

General comments about my team: thankfully, because I've got Marcus and Hector at my disposal, I'll be able to survive the earlygame while Rebecca and Wil are struggling to catch up offensively. Canas is a mixed blessing: he'll cost me two turns more to recruit, but he's also the only staff user at my disposal. I'll be promoting him ASAP and staff-spamming until he hits B.

Chapter 11: Typical 7-turn count. Watching your video, General, you know that you can easily acquire both the lock pick and the red gem, right? Your strategy was correct up until turn 3, at which point you should've placed Matthew on the pillar on the bottom-right corner. Next turn, go the adjacent pillar, and then steal the thief's lock pick; he'll be unable to open the door while stealing his pick back, so you'll only get hit from one archer at most (although the real hit is 85%, so survival wouldn't be a realistic outcome). In the meantime, steal the gem and pick back, and finish off Wire before the other enemies have a chance to strike again. Those pillar attacks, however, need to be avoided for this to work, and they've got a ~55%RH. Easier just after LHM, but still doable on a fresh run. Hopefully that's a nice tip for future runs!

Chapter 12: 5/12. Marcus got a lucky 50% double on Zagan to shave off a turn.

Chapter 13: 6/18. Took the river path, rescued Marcus with Hector to get him to that part of the map quicker. During the assault on the castle, Oswin and Rebecca fended off some enemies. Each gained a level; one was +1HP, the other +1Luck. :angry:

Chapter 14: 8/26. This one was a challenge for me, and it took a good while to come up with a competent strategy. Marcus charging the middle with 1-2 range weapons was obvious; what to do with Beccy, Oswin, and Hector was not. Ultimately, I had Rebecca go after the northern soldier and then assist Erk with the lone brigand, while Oswin took care of the eastern soldier brigade and a few of the PKs. Hector's role was to take care of the south-eastern pirates. This was perhaps the most frustrating, as his low accuracy (even with the secret book) meant that he needed to land a number of key hits. A few tries later, however, the strategy was pulled off with a fairly low turn count (though I might have been able to get rid of a couple of turns had those damn cavaliers with swords not been such a frustration). Some great level-ups here too: Beccy gained strength and speed, and Marcus got a whopping six-stat boost.

Edited by Jaffar7

Chapter 15: 8/34. More difficult than expected, though this is likely because I was going for the chests with Matthew. As a defense chapter, having Oswin was a huge boon. Marcus rushed Sealen for the Dragonshield, and Matthew (barely) managed to get out alive with the Silver Axe- the mend wasn't too big a loss. Finally, here's an update on my units levels and stats:

Hector Lv. 8 
HP: 26
Str: 12
Skill: 8
Speed: 9 
Luck: 5
Def: 13
Res: 1

Rebecca Lv. 3
HP: 17
Str: 5
Skill: 5
Speed: 7 
Luck: 5
Def: 3
Res: 2

Marcus Lv. 4 
HP: 32
Str: 16
Skill: 17
Speed: 12
Luck: 10
Def: 10
Res: 11

Oswin Lv. 11 
HP: 29
Str: 14
Skill: 9
Speed: 6 
Luck: 4
Def: 14
Res: 4

Edited by Jaffar7

No, I did not forget about this. Starting now. I'll post Chapter 11 once everyone remembers how to dodge.

EDIT: Seriously, how the bloody hell do you guys do this? Hector keeps dying no matter what I do!

EDIT2: I had to dump about 20 numbers before Hector dodged something. Chapter 11 done!

Chapter 11 - 9/9

The number series I eventually got was such that Hector only needed to heal up once. Matthew and the thief played a little game of Steal The Lockpick. I decided to take an extra turn, so I could steal the Red Gem before Hector finished off Wire.

Matthew, don't fail me!

Name       Level   HP   STR   SKL   SPD   LCK   DEF   RES  SUPPORT
Hector      3.93   21    7     6     5     4     8     1
Matthew     3.08   19    4     4    11     2     3     0 

Chapter 12 - ???

Forgot my turn count.

Those stupid flying pieces of garbage will run away if they're on low health.

Marcus baited the boss, while Hector and Matthew slowly worked on clearing out the garbage. Got lucky with Wolf Beil, which ended the chapter nicely.

Hector      6.05   24    9     8     6     4    10     1
Matthew     4.08   20    4     5    11     2     4     0 
Serra       1.34   Base
Marcus      1.57   Base

Edited by eclipse

Sorry I'll probably update this post soon seeing as I'm behind everyone

I finally got some more done NewYearsEmoticon.gif

Chapter 12: 5 turns

Hector owned everything up north for about 2 turns while Marcus rode up on his stallion to save him when he was low on health. Bartre got a kill in and visited the house to get me a secret book. On turn 4 enemy phase the boss attacked Hector and Hector weakened him with a Wolf Beil so Marcus could get the 100% kill next turn with the Iron Sword.

Chapter 13: 6 turns

Hector and Marcus ran towards the boss, Marcus got guy down to 1 HP and dodged the killing edge so Guy used the vulnerary for 3 turns in a row, incapicitating him. Meanwhile, Marcus destroyed the boss with the Silver Lance, and Hector seized on turn 6.

Edited by Xander

First, fun copy/paste time.

[spoiler=Life Admirals rules quoted from fe 7 tourney 1]

Gaiden chapters are, of course, completely optional, but since they will probably cost you quite a few turns, they're generally avoided..

Thank me later. (:

Alright, I'll stick by Lifey's rules, and regret it later.

EDIT: New chapter!

Chapter 13 - 7

Thank you Horace!

Matthew managed to sell off a few things I didn't need. Marcus broke the Javelin, but I managed to pass a Hand Axe to him. Joy!

Hector      7.00   25   10     8     6     4    11     1
Matthew     4.24   20    4     5    11     2     4     0 
Marcus      2.73   32   16    16    11     8    10     8
Serra       1.56   Base

Edited by eclipse

Finally, an update!

Chapter 16: 5/39/35

After about a week of trying and failing to come up with a competent strategy, I finally succeeded. This was an important chapter for me, because three new units were added to my roster in Kent, Florina, and the legendary William the Great. I always had in mind a general strategy: use Florina to fly Hector and/or Marcus over the mountains and then rush the throne. Marcus carrying Hector himself didn't work, as his speed was too low to double critical enemies, and Florina carrying Marcus left her too vulnerable to PKs and the ballista. Turn 1, Marcus destroys things with his javelin. Turn 2, he equips a silver lance to take out the mercenary in one shot (who is otherwise too fast to be doubled and left as a roadblock); however, this meant that a few long-range units surrounded him, including a PK to the north. Turn 3, Hector used his hand axe to defeat it, and was promptly rescued by Florina, who was placed in a very specific square right outside the myrmidon's range; Marcus re-equipped the javelin and ran towards the woods. Turn 4, Florina gave Hector to Marcus with just enough move to get back to safety, and Marcus then dropped Hector right outside the boss. Turn 5, Marcus and the silver axe made short work of Baulker. All the while I had Kent, Wil, Rebecca, and Oswin get some experience kills (although Sain died. Sorry Sain!).

One more thing: the third number is the running count from dondon's 0% run (only including chapters we both took). Should be interesting to compare as time goes on.

Chapter 14 - ?????

Silver Lance, NOOO!!

Marcus ran around the map, killing stuff as necessary. Serra recruited Erk once he'd taken out the Knight that always lands near him (this was so I could get Priscilla without having to visit her village). Matthew had fun baiting stuff. Hector stayed near the beginning area to take out those lance guys and the PK reinforcements.

Hector      8.66   26   11     9     7     5    11     1
Matthew     5.49   21    4     5    12     3     4     1
Marcus      4.04   33   17    16    12     9    10     8
Serra       1.90   Base
Priscilla   3.00   Base

Chapter 17: 7/46/44

BEAT DONDON BY TWO TURNS WOOOO BABEH

I wish I could've recorded this one, because it was easily my shining moment as a tactician thus far. The strategy was simple: rush Marcus and Hector to the throne, nab the hammer along the way, and beat Bernard into oblivion. Unfortunately, it didn't pan out quite so easily as it first seemed. Chapter 17 is considered to be the point in the game where Marcus is no longer (for all intents and purposes) invincible- that was definitely true here. While carrying Hector, he was simply too slow to double enemies, which really choked off much-needed movement. In total, I was allowed to sacrifice something like 4 squares from Marcus's max movement at the ideal starting placement, so it was a tough sell. What I opted for instead was to have Hector tag alongside Marcus until the movement gap was too great (which occurred right at the upper-left passageway), and then had Marcus finally rescue him. I had to be extremely careful about placement: the knight at the top-center of the map was going to block off movement if Marcus was within his range, so I had to sacrifice a square there. Furthermore, I had no time to squeeze in a much-needed vulnerary use for Marcus, leaving me at the whims of the RNG. I tried this a few times, and on average I ended up with 11-13 HP by the time he reached the throne- which meant Marcus was one-shotted by the boss.

Did I give up? Hell naw. One Dragonshield and favorable run later, and the chapter was completed in 7 turns. I'm coming for your totals, dondon!

EDIT: Wil blows.

Edited by Jaffar7