Dissidia 2

General Spoon

If I remember correctly, since this is a prequel to Dissidia, and it was mentioned that among the things to expect is an explanation as to why the 'new' characters aren't in the 'sequel'...

Think of it this way: Expect they're probably going to die or suffer a terrible fate. :mellow:

???

You mean those guys that stand in a circle and give you a canoe? I would not be disappointed if they showed up in Dissidia 2.

IF IT WEREN'T FOR THAT CANOE YOU WOULD BE STUCK ON THAT SMALL ISLAND. THEY ARE THE REAL HEROES, TOO BUSY HEROING IT UP TO SAVE THE WORLD.

IF IT WEREN'T FOR THAT CANOE YOU WOULD BE STUCK ON THAT SMALL ISLAND. THEY ARE THE REAL HEROES, TOO BUSY HEROING IT UP TO SAVE THE WORLD.

Bah, you think those are the real heroes...?

Nonesense! What about the guys who build the bridge? Without them, you'd be stuck in that other island!!! <_<

lol

As if their knights represent Cornelia as a whole. :facepalm:

Yeah, you can laugh at their weak soldiers, but those bridge builders at least know how to do their stuff right.

It sounds like you may be mad at me, but did you look at my wording? I didn't say I would be disappointed if they showed up; it was the opposite.

Yeah, you can laugh at their weak soldiers, but those bridge builders at least know how to do their stuff right.

If they did their fucking jobs right, the bridge wouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

It sounds like you may be mad at me, but did you look at my wording? I didn't say I would be disappointed if they showed up; it was the opposite.

I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO BE PISSED AT WHOMEVER I WANT FOR WHATEVER MADE UP REASON I WANT!

If they did their fucking jobs right, the bridge wouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

Well, they're Bridge Builders, not Bridge Mantainance Staff. lol

Yeah yeah, they could be both... or there is a latter group and they're the ones at fault. Point is, the heroes would've still be stuck if not for them.

Yeah yeah, they could be both... or there is a latter group and they're the ones at fault. Point is, the heroes would've still be stuck if not for them.

Either way around, Cornelians are at fault, and as the fantasy racist that I am, this makes all Cornelians useless assholes.

Why the hell is it that all the boring characters from FFVII got into Dissidia 2? Would it really be that hard to put Barret or Rufus (most interesting characters in FFVII) in it?

Yeah, add Rufus instead of Tifa. That guy was way more important and central to the protagonist's adventure.

*barf*

Yes.

Clearly, we need one of those prophets from FFI in there as well. You know, the real characters.

Best reply ever.

Since we got Laguna, all I want is Sazh and maybe Steiner. Tifa was like the lamest choice they could pick, but eh. Them passing up Wakka for Yuna is a bigger deal.

Yeah, add Rufus instead of Tifa. That guy was way more important and central to the protagonist's adventure.

*barf*

are you really saying tifa was either of these things

Since we got Laguna, all I want is Sazh and maybe Steiner. Tifa was like the lamest choice they could pick, but eh. Them passing up Wakka for Yuna is a bigger deal.

are you really saying tifa was either of these things

Yeah, I'm directly stating that. She is the eventual love interest of the protagonist, and by necessity more important to the plotline than a character whose most important moment was being shown as a badass and then failing to operate as the antagonist he wanted so desperately to be for the rest of the story.

Hell, Tifa is probably the most shown side-character in the entire game. She dominates a large amount of screentime when it comes to Cloud's inner psyche and feelings, and receives more attention in later installments in the series than is necessary. I'd say that at the end of the day, she's more necessary and plainer nicer to have scenes of than Rufus and Barret ever could be. At least she has tits.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Name a single thing Tifa actually accomplished. Helping Cloud does not count, as he she was largely useless there too.

Edited by Saloma

Name a single thing Tifa actually accomplished. Helping Cloud does not count, as he she was largely useless there too.

You're missing the point here; it doesn't matter what she accomplished, what matters is that she is more important to the protagonist and his plight, and thus is more central to the game's plot.