First Playthrough (Normal Mode)

Dark Sage

Just completed my first playthrough FE10 on Normal Mode. I wasn't quite aiming for an efficient playthrough (semi-efficient), but I wasn't going to dawdle either.

My Top 5

1. Haar

2. Gatrie

3. Ike

4th Mia

5th Titania

Casualties: Fiona (3-6), Tormod (4-4), Kurth (4-E-5)

My average turn count for every map was around 8 turns. I think I could've done a little better, but oh well.

How bad did I do? How good shape am I in for an efficient playthrough on HM with no transfers?

If it's every map with an average of 8 turns that would put you at around 344 turns. If it's every chapter then you're only around 304.

Either way, my HM playthrough ended at 274 while dondon finished at 227. I'm probably the higher end of what you should shoot for if you even want to be around what could be called efficient.

I see.

Thanks for the input. On some maps, I became more concerned about survival than efficiency since I didn't feel like redoing a chapter when I got really far (I don't like Battle Saves at all), so that might've contributed.

It's an average of every map so yeah. Not a very good turncount sadly.

Yeah, I think I could've done a lot better.

You can see your turncount(exact) on the Extra section. I believe it is in the Records, although i'm not too sure.

Edited by SlayerX

Huh. I was wrong.

I took 392 turns >_<

Still, I know what I did wrong and what to do next time.

My mistakes were:

1. Too much theorizing: What I mean by this is that I figured that every single unit on my team deployed would see combat. Not at all true. I fed Edward and Leo some BEXP for the reason that I didn't want them to die while they contributed. Edward only saw combat in chapters after Part 1 a few times. The BEXP payed off a little when using him to block a chokepoint in 3-13, but nothing else. Leo would've died either way so...yeah.

2. Paranoia: I was very, very paranoid, and I played more defensively due to this, hurting my turncounts. Chapters thus took longer than they should and because of my paranoia, I wasn't going to trust in the RNG for some speedclearing, like dondon occasionally does. As such, I need to be a little more reckless next time.

3. Just plain first timer mistakes: I didn't know for example where Beastfoe was, so Sothe never picked it up for the Dawn Brigade. I forgot to pick up a Horseslayer for 2-3 and I thought there were Ballisites (there were actually onganers), so I was reluctant to keep Marcia in the fray. I also for some stupid reason thought Jill would leave after 3-7 back to the DB if you recruited her into the GMs. Nope. Made the DB chapters much tougher to complete quicker.

There were other factors, like Nolan being the RNG's whipping boy for Strength and for awhile speed, Micaiah never growing speed, etc. Yeah I know exactly what I did wrong and I plan to rectify all mistakes for a far quicker turn count in HM.

I wouldn't say I did too badly for a first runthrough, as I had little trouble except for 3-6, 3-12, 3-13, and 4-E-3. But yeah.

2. Paranoia: I was very, very paranoid, and I played more defensively due to this, hurting my turncounts. Chapters thus took longer than they should and because of my paranoia, I wasn't going to trust in the RNG for some speedclearing, like dondon occasionally does. As such, I need to be a little more reckless next time.

It's forgivable to not trust in the RNG for some clears, like what I did for 2-1 or 3-1. Those are difficult clears. A lot of them are pretty easy without relying on the RNG cooperating, however.