• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

Favorite place to visit in Rome (e.g. the Colosseum, St. Peter's Basilica, etc.)?

On 7/29/2017 at 6:49 PM, Natalie said:

Favourite animal?

I always liked eagles and snakes, for no reason in particular. I also think wolves look really cool.

Favorite chapter in Fire Emblem?

11 hours ago, Natalie said:

Do you play FE Heroes?

Not often, no. I don't own any mobile devices that can play it, so I can only play it on a someone else's device. That means I can only do so when they're not using their phone do-hickey (and they're on it a lot).

However, I did manage to get a 5 star Tiki once, so that was cool.

Edited by Rex Glacies

Is the quote in your signature in any way related to Socrates?

On 31-7-2017 at 6:59 PM, Rex Glacies said:

Favorite place to visit in Rome (e.g. the Colosseum, St. Peter's Basilica, etc.)?

Hmm, that's a really tough one... And I can't pick just one.

The Forum Romanum simply has a lot of great things to see, St. Peter's Basilia is overwhelmingly beautiful, St. Paul's Basilica is a similar level of impressive, the Pantheon is similarly impressive... I have to give a shout-out to the relatively unknown Chapel of St Sylvester at the Santi Quattro Coronati though. I love it because its frescoes depict the story of the Donation of Constantine (but that's just my personal thing).

How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

15 hours ago, Hattusili I said:

Is the quote in your signature in any way related to Socrates?

I'm afraid not. It is mentioned by Bill Cipher (my most common avatar and the one possessing the character in my current avatar) in a supplementary book to the show Gravity Falls. The character is insane: he "jams forks into his arms, throws his body down the stairs, and blinks one eye at a time." So the quote is just meant to show his chaotic nature through his desire for pain and destruction. Though, I guess a confusion with Socrates does make sense.

What are some of the oldest video games you can still play and enjoy to this day? (eg: you can still enjoy and play the original Super Mario Bros. way back from 1985, but any video games made before 1985 you can't find enjoyment in)

On 7/24/2017 at 4:26 AM, Natalie said:

Same question you asked.

It'd have to be being much more resistant to lust. 

20 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

It was actually quite coincidental. I saw a friend playing Sacred Stones, understood what the game was about (fantasy strategy, my dream!), and got hooked.

Question: Out of all the levels of Fire Emblem you've played, which one do you like the most, and which one do you hate the most?

v This question.

13 hours ago, Randoman said:

What are some of the oldest video games you can still play and enjoy to this day? (eg: you can still enjoy and play the original Super Mario Bros. way back from 1985, but any video games made before 1985 you can't find enjoyment in)

I still own a SNES and GBC, and a lot of the games on those I still enjoy a lot. I don't think I've played anything earlier than the 90's, but to name a couple: Link's Awakening,1993 and Kirby's Dream Land, 1992.

Favorite FE characters?

On 2-8-2017 at 5:33 PM, Natalie said:

Least favourite FE game?

I don't have a favorite or least favorite FE game. I like them all equally, in their own ways.

On 3-8-2017 at 6:44 AM, Rex Glacies said:

I'm afraid not. It is mentioned by Bill Cipher (my most common avatar and the one possessing the character in my current avatar) in a supplementary book to the show Gravity Falls. The character is insane: he "jams forks into his arms, throws his body down the stairs, and blinks one eye at a time." So the quote is just meant to show his chaotic nature through his desire for pain and destruction. Though, I guess a confusion with Socrates does make sense.

I knew it'd be Bill Cipher. But it was worth a shot.

Favorite movie/movies?

On 8/3/2017 at 0:49 AM, Reimu Hakurei said:

Saddest videogame death for you?

Spoilers for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, Skyward Sword, and Xenoblade Chronicles:

Spoiler

Oh... now I have to think. Good question. Under certain circumstances, Grovyle's sacrifice in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky might be considered a "death," and that would be it. But if it doesn't count, then either Impa in Zelda: Skyward Sword, or the Emperor (can't say I really remember his name; he was the ruler of the High Entia) in Xenoblade Chronicles.

Oldest videogame you have played yet?

17 hours ago, Natalie said:

v This question.

I still own a SNES and GBC, and a lot of the games on those I still enjoy a lot. I don't think I've played anything earlier than the 90's, but to name a couple: Link's Awakening,1993 and Kirby's Dream Land, 1992.

I'm sure the only games from the 80s I played and enjoyed were SMB3 for the NES and Tetris for the gameboy.

Without mentioning names, are there any SF members you want banned?

On 8/3/2017 at 8:25 PM, Ottokar said:

Question: Out of all the levels of Fire Emblem you've played, which one do you like the most, and which one do you hate the most?

Most: I really don't know. Though if I had to mention one off the top of my head, Chapter 16 of FE3 Book 1 is really nice, due to being able to both arena and Star Orb abuse in that chapter. FE3 Book 2 has 2 chapters for that and even without the arenas, that's still plenty of chapters to Star Orb abuse. FE3 Book 1 is much tighter in regards to Star Orb abuse time if you plan to get Falchion (which I almost always do).

Least: FE5's Chapter 12 map that essentially forces you to use thieves to unlock doors and put them in range of ballistae was really frustrating and too RNG reliant.

Same question you asked.

13 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

What would you say are your favorite law codes of all time?

The Leges Duodecim Tabularum, the Corpus Iuris Civilis and the Βασιλικά Νόμινα (those are, not coincidentally, the most important codices in the history of the Roman Empire; so they're my favorites moreso because of their place in Roman history than for their legal quality, not that their legal quality is lacking).

Shout-outs to the Codex Theodosiani for trying to do (but failing at) what the Corpus Iuris Civilis ended up doing and to the Allgemeines Landrecht für die Preußischen Staaten for being... a very interesting case (mostly for how much it failed).