Why the hell can't I promote Fiona.

Junkhead

I'm at 3-6, and each time I try to promote Fiona after having her kill an enemy so she can reach lvl 20/1 (She's at 20.77 at the start of the map), I keep getting the error message which causes FE10 to crash and have me reset my Wii.

inb4Promoteheratbase: I can't. I used all the BEXP to only get her up like slightly more than half a level up.

Any outcome to this? :(

Is the disk clean or is it damaged somehow?

I had the same trouble with it, but I could promote her for some reason in Part 1 to second class.

If you mean the third class, I never really cared to do so seeing how bad she ended up in stats for me.

Sorry I wasn't of too much help.

It's definitely a disk problem, as Yusei said. Try cleaning it off, and if that doesn't work try a more professional place like a video store and use their disk resurfacer. As a final resort you can try another disc if you truly can't get your disc to work.

Is the disk clean or is it damaged somehow?

I had the same trouble with it, but I could promote her for some reason in Part 1 to second class.

If you mean the third class, I never really cared to do so seeing how bad she ended up in stats for me.

Sorry I wasn't of too much help.

I think it's damaged. I used to get some errors with animations, so I removed them. And yes, it's to 2nd tier, obviously. Thank you.

It's definitely a disk problem, as Yusei said. Try cleaning it off, and if that doesn't work try a more professional place like a video store and use their disk resurfacer. As a final resort you can try another disc if you truly can't get your disc to work.

I don't have another disc. And they are very hard to find these days. And it's not like any of my friends play FE10.

Anyway, I'll try the toothpaste trick. Otherwise I'll just probably ragequit.

If it's any consolation, you probably couldn't promote her in the base anyway. It still calls for the promotion animation. Unless you can try pushing "start" rapidly to skip the promotion scene. But I doubt that it'll work.

I tried Narga's advice of pushing the Start button fast and it didn't work. (Although he said it himself, it's unlikely to work)

Also tried the toothpaste trick and- Nope, nothing.

Guess this means I'll just have to ragequit until I can find a better resolve.

I tried Narga's advice of pushing the Start button fast and it didn't work. (Although he said it himself, it's unlikely to work)

Note that even though I don't think it'll work even if done properly (because it tries to "call" the animation before you can cancel out of it), I'm not actually certain the button is "start" since it has been a while. Whatever button you use to skip promotion cutscenes for other units, that's the one I want you to push rapidly as soon as she gets the exp to promote.

poor Soul :(

You mean fiona? Trapped eternally in her first tier, no chance of escaping her useless ness now... poor soul indeed...

Oh wait you meant the member Soul... :awesome:

Tried Colonel's advice. All I have to say is, I'm f'ed. I just deleted that save and started a NM file to try to shave some turns from the draft while I wait for the others to finish. 2 turns for now. :awesome:

ps thanks guys

Edited by Soul

• 1 month later...