Return of The Emblem Chapter Two: The Trail

Phoenix

Nanahm regained consciousness again, returning to the world of the living for better or for worse. He never thought he'd almost join Raguni in his fiery embrace so soon, and he hated the feeling. No... it was more a feeling of awe and fear. Gathering his wits about him, Nanahm refrained from charging recklessly into battle a second time especially with how weak he was feeling at the moment. Play it safe. No heroics this time. Fight smarter, not harder. he thought to himself. He owed this troubadour his life twice over, it seems. Time to repay his debts, best he can (preferably crit free)

(Nanahm defends Chelsea this turn)

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"G-go oo-on ... d-d-dooo it. Yo-u p-people maaake me si-ck." Caine muttered before coughing up enough blood to turn his whole mouth red. "All th-is trouble ... ju-st to de-feat meee. You ain't seen ... n-nothin yet, yo-u bitch. Just you wa-it. You peop-le ... are as g-ood as ... dead, hurgh." he added to his rant, beginning to pant and cough more.

ENEMY PHASE

"Augh! Caine!" Boris shot out before shutting out the event and returning to battle. He already knew it was coming.

Boris attacks Nanahm(I'm not posting fluff for this since plot wise it makes no sense)

Boris rolls 3,3,4

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2947424/

HIT

-5 hp KO!

Boris 9/15

Nanahm 0/18

OTHER PHASE

"Alright, that does it. You've knocked down enough folks, the both of you." Rodrigo commented as he closed in on Boris from the right.

"Are you ready to face me now?" Boris said readying his blade.

"Yep! Now hold still! I don't wanna lop your head off by mistake!"

"What?" He muttered before rushing forward, aiming to gain the upper hand.

"I've seen that move." Rodrigo commented as he twisted out of the way and came slashing down at Boris with his sword.

Boris rolls 1,5,3

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2947431/

MISS

Rodrigo rolls 3,3,4

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2947433/

HIT

-7 hp

Rodrigo 17/27

Boris 2/15

Boris stumbled having been sliced in the back. That wound nearly ruined his ability to continue on. As he turned to face Rodrigo again, he raised his blade up as best he could. The pain was already beginning to slow him.

"You ... had an opening for a finish, yet you only wound me instead? Why didn't you simply finish it?" he said to the man.

"Because this isn't how I do things. You may not be the leader but you're certainly capable of answering my questions, now aren't you?" he replied with a surprisingly friendly smile.

"... I suspected as much." Boris said dropping his stance slightly.

Caine 0/12 (Still aggressive somehow)

Archer A 0/12

---

Boris 2/15 (Aggressive)

Shaman A 9/9

---

Cavalier 2A 0/15

Cavalier A 0/12

Cavalier B 0/12

---

Mage A 1/9

Mage B 9/9

Mage C 9/9

---

Shaman B 9/9

Mage D 9/9

Mage E 0/9

PLAYER PHASE

Shadrak twitched heavily in his tazed state, shooting off a small spark as he did. "Ve... Veronika... whe-..." he managed to get off before spazzing for a little while. When he took the wound he had just realised his teammate was probably in a similar, if not worse state, she needed attention...

After leaving Shadrak somehwere safe, John took his lance and hopped on Gil once more. He flew back to where the still injured mage was, weapon at the ready.

Target: Mage A

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2947494/

Hit: 4+6=10>6

Damage: 5+1-2=4

Remaining HP: 0/9

John's current HP: 15/15

The mage fell, now death. John pulled back once more. 'Got to be more careful now. They've got almost only magic users left, and Shadrak can't help right now...'

(Team +5 points. John's current total: 42.)

Floored again, what the hell was he thinking? I'll tell you what he was thinking: NOTHING. Nothing but pain and anger coursed through him at this point as he lay on the ground, grabbing his wound in hopes of stemming the flow of blood from it. What a STUPID move that was, you dumbass. NO HEROICS you said, and what do you do? You try and play the fucking hero again. I oughtta slap you for that, but you might die from that at this point, and I'm unfortunately a part of you his mind thought to itself.

"Look who's talking," Gytha muttered before wrenching her sword from Caine's chest and decapitating him. The sounds behind her alerted Gytha that there were still more enemies endangering her allies. So, choosing a target and leaving Caine's headless corpse to bleed out, the mariner attacked indescriminantly. It would take some time before her mood improved.

Mercenary skill active! -2HP, +1 skl, +1 str!

(5+3)-5 = 3 = hit!

(6+5)-1 = 10 damage!

Gytha 12/15

Shaman B 0/9

The slash cut from the shaman's side to his spine and shoved him out of the way all in the same motion. Gytha need to calm down, but she decided not to until the battle was completely over.

Gytha +5pts!

Amon +5pts!

Synthia +5pts!

Niles ran over to the young mage that seemed to be healing people. "Um, I think your party saved me, but I'm not sure if you'd like my help. I can use this staff if you want...I've seen you healing others. Anyone I should take care of?"

Synthia went a little out of her way to heal Axel on her way back, then returned to treating Amon's torn up arm. When one of the former hostages ran over she was surprised enough to look up from her task and glance at him. "Why are you still here? It's dangerous, you know," she said. He didn't look like some battle hardened mercenary, but if he wanted to help out of thanks she had no problem with it. "If you're really sure about staying here and helping, I do have something you can do. You see that woman with the sword over there?" She gestured towards Gytha. "If she gets hurt, heal her." Synthia couldn't be in two places at once, and Gytha wasn't likely to call her unless she was seriously injured. Having someone watch her would help out a lot.

+5 HP to Axel

Axel's HP: 12/12

Rodrigo had Boris under control, so Axel moved on to one of the mages, as Synthia fixed him up. Unfortunately, he missed his target by an inch, then was struck by a bolt of lightning. That stung, but he could still fight. And now, he was in his zone.

[spoiler=Roll]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2948033/

[1,4,3] = Miss!

[5,6,1] = Hit! 11-1 = 10 points of damage!

Axel 2/12 HP

Chelsea saw Nanahm fall yet again to Boris's attack, thankfully Rodrigo distracted him long enough for Chelsea to pick up Boris's unconcious body and drag him back to the wagon.

Once done with that task, she set her eyes on someone in need of healing. Her eyes traveled across the battlefield and located Gytha. From a distance she healed her.

Gytha 15/15

Chelsea gained 2 points.

ENEMY PHASE

He found himself wounded and fighting more opponents at once than he could handle in his condition, and Rodrigo spoke up again. "Just surrender. You're not going to manage to kill anyone else at this point. I won't allow it."

"G-give me a break. It doesn't matter what I do. I'm in no better condition than Caine is right now." he shot back.

"... eeeeesh." Rodrigo uttered having taken a glance over at Caine for himself. "You're not that bad off just yet. Look, just surrender."

"You want me to surrender, then remove my blade. What man still armed and capable of fighting surrenders to just two men? You're both going down!" He said as he charged at Axel again.

"Watch yourself!" Rodrigo called out to the red soldier.

Boris attacks Axel! Rolls 5,5,3

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2948990/

HIT

-5 hp KO!

With another swift strike Boris managed to land a decent enough blow on his opponent to neutralize him. The effort he put in however had him staggering about. He was getting tired, and losing blood. Rodrigo was already in the middle of launching an attack of his own and by the time Boris realized it, he had only a split second to act. He still managed to strike first however.

OTHER PHASE

"BAAACK OOOOOFF!!!" he shouted as he swung for Rodrigo's head!

Boris rolls 3,1,1

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2948992/

CRITICAL HIT

-6 hp

Rodrigo had to abort his attack and block with his sword but the attack came so quickly and with so much force that his own blade was pressed up against him along with Boris'. With his wrist sprained he had to switch hands, but Boris had just about had it and was barely standing now.

Rodrigo didn't waste any time and rolled 1,6,6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2948997/

CRITICAL HIT

-26 hp KO!

This time he wouldn't be fighting back. Forgoing a kill strike, Rodrigo, reversed his blade and bashed Boris in the face with it before twirling in a circle to punch him in the stomach forcing him to his knees! Next he kicked the myrmidon's blade away and then performed one more spin around before kicking Boris in the face and sending him onto his back, blood running from a cut under his eye, from his nose, and even from his mouth. He wasn't very responsive afterwards.

"... hey. You still alive?" Rodrigo said in a friendly manner.

Boris' hand rose just enough to give Rodrigo his answer, and then dropped. The myrmidon lost consciousness. "Whew." He then rushed over to help Axel who didn't seem to be doing so well after Boris' attack.

Caine 0/12 (Lingering hatred in the air)

Archer A 0/12

---

Boris 0/15 (Unconscious)

Shaman A 9/9

---

Cavalier 2A 0/15

Cavalier A 0/12

Cavalier B 0/12

---

Mage A 0/9

Mage B 9/9

Mage C 9/9

---

Shaman B 0/9

Mage D 9/9

Mage E 0/9

PLAYER PHASE

There were still enemies about, so they had to be attacked. Thusly, Gytha attacked one of the mages after giving a nod of appreciation to Chelsea for healing her.

(4+5)-6 = 3 = hit!

(5+1)-2 = 4 damage!

The mage raised her tome in defense and though the spine suddered a bit of damage, it had shielded the mage well enough. Even so, her hand was hurt considerably. Gytha smiled at this, impressed by this magic-user's superior ability compared to the others she'd so easily knocked asside. With a glare, the mage rast a spell to counter Gytha's attack...and in retrospect, the mariner figured she should have tried to avoid it and maybe not been so close-range.

Autohit!

(5+6)-1 = 10 damage!

Gytha 5/15

Mage B 5/9

Amon was healing and Synthia looked up in time to see that Gytha was hurt. Even thought she'd asked that other guy to heal Gytha, that was really more of if she didn't notice it or couldn't make it over there herself. She healed Gytha quickly, then returned to treating the casualties of the battle.

+13 HP

Gytha's HP: 15/15

Edited by roymbrog

Chelsea decided to stop healing and actually be useful for the team. She ordered Nesha to direct his course near the last shaman, whilist she prepare her spell.

When they got close enough, Chelsea released 7 bolts of powerful light at the enemy shaman.

(Dice Roll: 5,5,6. Damage done= 5+4=9+2=11-4=7. Linkhttp://invisiblecast...r/view/2950172/)

Before the shaman could put up a magic shield, he was bombarded by all 7 bolts of light. He had received major damage, but he could still fight back. He conjured up a ball of darkness to inflict damage on the silly troubador that had tried to kill him. His target locked, he let loose his attack. Chelsea tried to counter by putting up a shield of light, but the poor girl had used much of her power trying to attack the shaman. So her defense was quite sloppy.

(Dice Roll: 5,4,1. Damage Done=6+4-2-4=4. Linkhttp://invisiblecast...r/view/2950200/)

Chelsea was bombarded by the ball of darkness and she was sent flying a few feet away from her trusty steed. Nesha noticed the attack and his master falling off, and he galloped over to her side to see if she was okay. She groggily got up and sent a thumbs up at Nesha, who whined happily, relieved to see his master alive.

Chelsea: 5/9 HP

ShamanA: 2/9HP

Edited by GoD

John had ordered Gil to rise to scan the battlefield. Things didn't look bad, they've got almost the battle won, despite their own downsides. 'What to do...?' He thought, as he kept watching.

He then noticed their troubadour going after the remaining shaman. But it looked like things didn't looked good for her. 'Should I...? It's risky, even Shadrak went down for it... No, I have to, not like I can do anything else...'

Ordering Gil, he descended to where the troubadour was. ''Hey!'' He called out. ''Need help? I know I may not be able to stand up against these magic users, but I can still draw their hits away from you.''

(Using class skill. John defends Chelsea.)

ENEMY PHASE

OTHER PHASE

After making sure Axel wasn't about to die or anything, Rodrigo left Boris with him saying "Do me a favor, and don't let any of them kill him. Regardless of Raquel's intentions here I need some answers, and I'm sure you'd all like some as well. Besides. Caine's not talkin'." he added gesturing at the corpse not a terrible distance away.

"Anyway I'll be right back. I need to make sure no more of your friends get themselves blasted." With that he quickly took up the iron sword again and charged down a mage who thought he had gone unnoticed.

Rodrigo rolls 4,2,2

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2950325/

CRITICAL HIT

-16 hp KO!

With a swift motion he put his sword directly through the mage's back causing blood to splatter out from the other side. Rodrigo remembered to remove the sword and himself from the mage before the blood began to get on him. He didn't have any spare clothes with the carriage in flames.

"Alright, hurry up and whack the last two!" he called out to those still fighting.

Archer A 0/12

---

Boris 0/15 (Unconscious)

Shaman A 2/9

---

Cavalier 2A 0/15

Cavalier A 0/12

Cavalier B 0/12

---

Mage A 0/9

Mage B 5/9

Mage C 0/9

---

Shaman B 0/9

Mage D 9/9

Mage E 0/9

PLAYER PHASE

Well, the damage was undone by Synthia, which the mariner appreciated. "Y'know, Ms. Mage... I respect ye fer bein' able t' withstand me sword. ... Too bad yer on th' wrong side." With that, she cut the mage girl in half.

Mercenary skill active! -2HP, +1skl, +1str

(5+1)-6 = 0 = hit!

(6+6)-2 = 10 CRITICAL! 20 damage!

Mage B 0/9

Gytha 13/15

Gytha +5pts!

Amon +5pts!

Synthia +5pts!

With the mage dead, Gytha took a quick look-around. bloody and burnt, bodies were everywhere. "So," Gytha called over to Rodrigo, "Good t' see ye again, Phoenix!" Still speaking to him but also calling behind her to Raquel, she asked, "What should we do with everyone? Toss'em in a pile, sorted by enemies and allies?"

Apparently the other healer could attack... that Synthia did not know. She was feeling left out, being the only magic user who couldn't cast. Feeling the urge to prove herself still useful somehow, she ran over and healed Chelsea.

+5 HP

Chelsea's HP: 9/9

Chelsea thanked John from protecting her as she stumbled her way back to Nesha. She shakily got on the saddle, and with her last remaining energy, directed one last light attack at the enemy shaman. She summoned a ball of light magic over her head. Said ball, managed to split into 5 beams of light. With a wave of her hand she sent them to skewer the shaman.

(Roll: 2,3,1. Damage done: 4+3=7-4=3+2=5 Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2950380/)

All of the beams managed to pierce through the shaman's remaining defenses and skewer him quite brutally, as the spears protruded out in both ends of the body, gushing out copius amounts of blood. Chelsea promptly fainted at the sight of blood. Nesha noticed his master faint and galloped across the battlefield to raquel's wagon, where he knew taht Chelsea would be taken good care of.

Shaman A: 0/9 Defeated

Chelsea gained 5 points!

Warning: Chelsea is unconcious.

Archer A 0/12

---

Boris 0/15 (Unconscious)

Shaman A 0/9

---

Cavalier 2A 0/15

Cavalier A 0/12

Cavalier B 0/12

---

Mage A 0/9

Mage B 0/9

Mage C 0/9

---

Shaman B 0/9

Mage D 9/9

Mage E 0/9

VICTORY

Point average: 41

OP Total: 133

The battle was over. Boris was the only survivor from the looks of things. Rodrigo left the healing business to the others and returned to Axel and the beat up hostage. "Okay now that that's settled. I need to get as much info out of him as I can. You're all free to help if you'd like, but keep in mind he's about ready to keel over already." Rodrigo explained.

Meanwhile over by the wagon, Raquel was looking over the battlefield in response to Gytha's question about the bodies. "Well we don't have any casualties as far as I can tell, but get all of our own over here quick so they can get looked at. We'll decide what to do with the enemies later." she instructed. I don't want to stick around to bury them even though it's probably the right thing to do. The thing is I know a patrol will be here soon to investigate all of this. With Rodrigo here I know we won't be blamed or anything but this is still a bit ... I don't know I just don't like the situation. This is going to hold us up for hours.

Once Synthia had healed Amon's arm he flexed it a bit to make sure he could use it. He knew he should just rest but he wanted to help. Things would undoubtedly go much faster that way.

It seemed that Boris got loose, as he managed strike Axel once more. This time, the soldier would've went on, but his helm decided to spark out, blocking the man's vision for a good while. When it was obvious the view wasn't going to improve, he lifted his vizard up, and rose, to see that the rest of the enemies had been distracted.

"Good to know that the helm's no good against lightning, I guess," he said to himself, in a slightly lighter voice. As he heard the Phoenix's offer, the man frowned. "I'll lend a hand, once we get the wounded taken care of."

After planting his lance in the ground, the lancer shakily began to bring the injured into one central area, leaving the rest to the healers. He was wounded as well, but it wasn't life-threatening. It could wait until the others were fixed up.

"Aye, Raquel!" Gytha responded, not really noticing her slight fatigue as she began walking around the field of bloodied corpses to find living allies. The first one she found was (oddly enough) Damian. Well, I suppose he is technically an ally I shouldn't just let bleed out... With that thought in-mind, she picked him up, walked over to the cart (as Raquel had said they should be placing the wounded) and tossed Damian the rest of the way so that he landed (face-first) behind the wagon for Raquel to look at. Then she returned to the battlefield to help out more.

Maw had been sleeping under the cart throughout the battle. The noise had died down and the air stunk of blood. That meant it was time to wake up and go find something to eat. So, the silver tabby crawled out from under the wagon, stretched, and trotted off to gind some food.

Shadrak slowly stirred from the ground on which he had been sleeping. He was in pain, a lot of pain... but he would live, this he knew. He stood slowly, or so he thought he did, tell his legs absolutly scream in protest and gave way under him followed by a very uncomfortable, but most familiar spazm. May the Truth guide me I shall not die this day, but I must help those who might.... He thought to himself as he slowly drug his way to his fellow in arms, Veronika. They were closer than he thought, for which he was grateful, but the three second crawl fealt like hours. His body was heavy, and cold, and spazmed randomly as the thunder magic continued to pulse through his body slowly I saw... his technique for that, the finess with which he moved his body... I understand how he did it... and I can replicate it... he thought as he slowly reached Veronika.

She was still breathing, which was good but she was bleeding, badly. He wasn't sure how long she could live without help. He slowly, painfully, pulled out his heal staff, and managed to get to his knees. He held it over her and began channelling the energy through it, much as he had before... but accessing his powers sparked the lasting effect of the thunder magic and he was wracked by another jolt. His vision blurred as he maintained the light over her, some of her wounds closing slowly. Another shock went through him, and he blacked out again, his vision going black as he collapsed again, his body falling forward as the tip of his staff ended up wresting against her stomach. He hoped it was enough to atleast save her tell the others could get to him as his mind slowly mirrored what his eyes showed him. Please... be... enough....

Veronika coughed a few times and opened her eyes, sitting up slowly and looking over the scene. It was much worse than before she had been knocked unconscious, she could see the bodies of her comrades gathered up nearby in various states of disarray. Shadrak was closest, he was unconscious but appeared to be entirely alive. With no healing methods at her disposal, she chose simply to watch over him for the time being, holding her side as she did so. Not like I could move much even if I wanted to she thought to herself grimly.

Niles grasped his head. The adrenaline was a bit much, and his head was throbbing with pain. Luckily, the group that had arrived earlier had both rescued him and distracted the enemy, so he was lucky to end the battle with no scratches. With his Mend staff in hand, and the rest of his belongings, he looked for the pirate girl that the mage had spoke of. Maybe she was in charge. Hopefully he could get a ride to Europa.

He walked up to the pirate woman. "Excuse me, that mage girl over there told me to keep an eye out for you. Are you hurt? Should I heal you?"