Part 4 Unit Distribution

Yuglyoshi

What's the best way to effectively spread out the units in Part 4 of Radiant Dawn?

I know the general consensus is that magic units go to Micaiah's group, and fliers and laguz are split between Micaiah's and Elincia's group. Well, not exactly split, since 4-5 is clearable in one or two turns, so more units should be sent with Micaiah. Everyone else goes with Ike's group.

However, I'm doing a normal mode run, so I have a ton of foot soldiers that would be overkill in Ike's part. What are the best foot soldiers that can be useful in Micaihah's and Elincia's group? Also, I've seen some people send the Hawks with Ike's group, making those chapters even more easy.

So what is the overall best way to distribute units in Part 4?

Oh, and here's my current relevant units that could be useful in Part 4.

Mic: 7/3 -12 mag/6 physic range

Nolan: 20/20/3 - 29 Speed, 31 Str

Volug: 17 - A Strike, 80% to S :( , 32 Speed

Tauroneo: 17

Jill: 14/7 - All stats are still under 20. Early promotion for fast clear of 1-6 was not worth it. Wasted a ton of resources. :/

Zihark: 8 - 24 Speed, 17 Atk. :/

Maurim: Base - Barely used him in Part 1, but I hear he works well with Resolve in 4-4

Nailah: Base

Elincia: Base

Marcia: 13 - Planning on bexping her a lot

Nealuchi?: Dunno if useable

Haar: 20/8 - lol

Lucia?: 15 - see Nealuchi

Mordecai: 22 - 20 Speed when transformed, have been using the Resolve strategy. He is close to capping Def, maybe bexp abuse after he caps? 80% to S strike

Kieran?: 11

Titania: 20/4

Mist: 4

Oscar: 20/3 - 28 Speed!

Shinon: 20/1

Gatrie: 17/2 - 25 Speed

Mia: 14/3 - Early promotion was awesome.

Ranulf: 26 - Barely used

Janaff: 30 - 16 Str, 18 Spd, Tear, 50% of the way to S strike

Ulki: 30 - 18 Str, 19 Spd, Tear, 75% of the way to S Strike

Sigrun: 19/3

Tanith: 18

Also, how many hand axe/javelin forges should be made in 3-E? And any really important skills that should go to certain characters?

Thanks for any advice!

Edited by Yuglyoshi

Mia and Oscar should go to Greil Army... they should have supports with Ike and Titania respectively and it's a good place for Mia's naturally high speed (plus Oscar can't really move in Silver and Hawk Army). You can probably deal with Silver Army just between Haar/Sigrun/Tanith/Marcia/Naesala/Skrimir.

Edited by Anouleth

However, I'm doing a normal mode run, so I have a ton of foot soldiers that would be overkill in Ike's part. What are the best foot soldiers that can be useful in Micaihah's and Elincia's group? Also, I've seen some people send the Hawks with Ike's group, making those chapters even more easy.

Hawks do well in Greil Army because of their high natural AS. The Hawk Army does fine with just Tibarn and Elincia and a handful of decent foot soldiers that can clear out the southeast part of 4-2.

Also, how many hand axe/javelin forges should be made in 3-E? And any really important skills that should go to certain characters?

As many as you think you'll need to last through 4-P and 4-1. Make sure you forge max hit on the ones going to the Silver Army because of no authority stars.

Muarim will always be in Ike's group.

And why would you want to finish 4-5 in 2 turns, unless you're doing a low turncount?

Put Tauroneo and Zihark in the Hawk Army.

Put Haar in the Silver Army. Keep Tanith in the Silver Army. Basically armored and horseback units do not belong in the Silver Army, they're better off in the Hawk army or Greil Army.

Put Mordecai in the Silver Army.

The Hawk Army is where you send your weaker units as their commander is Tibarn and those 4 leadership stars(+20 hit and avoid for 4-2 and 4-5). Plus 4-5 is known as the chapter to raise up your units if you want.

Muarim will always be in Ike's group.

And why would you want to finish 4-5 in 2 turns, unless you're doing a low turncount?

Why wouldn't you? It's not like you need the experience.

Put Tauroneo and Zihark in the Hawk Army.

Tauroneo is locked to Hawk Army anyway.

Why wouldn't you? It's not like you need the experience.

Really good players don't need the experience because they can arrange their teams in a way that they'll be able to win regardless. Less experienced players will benefit by a few units having an extra 5 or more levels since it makes things easier later on.

Really good players don't need the experience because they can arrange their teams in a way that they'll be able to win regardless. Less experienced players will benefit by a few units having an extra 5 or more levels since it makes things easier later on.

A less experienced player probably has those extra few levels already since they're more likely to focus experience on their 'endgame' team and more likely to sacrifice turns in the name of better exp distribution... like not using Sothe, Nailah, or the Black Knight.

I know that some people out there do genuinely struggle with Endgame, but I think those people are largely in the minority.

A less experienced player probably has those extra few levels already since they're more likely to focus experience on their 'endgame' team and more likely to sacrifice turns in the name of better exp distribution... like not using Sothe, Nailah, or the Black Knight.

I know that some people out there do genuinely struggle with Endgame, but I think those people are largely in the minority.

No, I was saying a few extra levels on whatever they'd have going in to the chapter. If an extra 5 levels on what you end up with helps them, wouldn't an extra 5 levels on top of that help even more? The upper limit is 20/20/20 or level 40. The upper limit is not "a few levels above what Anouleth gets".